Anyone else here feel guilty?

by markz » Sep 12 2021 11:27pm

How many see diy ebikes in their area?

I saw my first one in a long time today, a nice steel cased battery inside the triangle on a red bike in the bike lane.

I know there are a few in Town but have not seen any that I have not had a hand in. Could ride up to Austin, TX supposed to be a guy who works with bike that has built a couple.

markz said:
How many see diy ebikes in their area?

I saw my first one in a long time today, a nice steel cased battery inside the triangle on a red bike in the bike lane.

I used to see the same one come by, a Schwinn frame, but not in a while. I'm seeing more store bought ebikes, almost every evening on my daily ride.

There was a skinny guy in one racing jersey on a fat bike, Didn't look right, perhaps he borrowed it. There was another guy om a 20" fatbike riding with his wife, who was on a regular bike. Should have been the other way around. Now the e-fatbikes are easy to spot. There's also the big clunky non-fat style, massive frame tubes top and bottom. Looks horrible to me.

ZeroEm said:
I know there are a few in Town but have not seen any that I have not had a hand in. Could ride up to Austin, TX supposed to be a guy who works with bike that has built a couple.
Does he happen to be fond of wearing beaver tail hats, and into pedicabs?

miro13car said:
it was me!
:thumb:

docw009 said:
I used to see the same one come by, a Schwinn frame, but not in a while. I'm seeing more store bought ebikes, almost every evening on my daily ride.

There was a skinny guy in one racing jersey on a fat bike, Didn't look right, perhaps he borrowed it. There was another guy om a 20" fatbike riding with his wife, who was on a regular bike. Should have been the other way around. Now the e-fatbikes are easy to spot. There's also the big clunky non-fat style, massive frame tubes top and bottom. Looks horrible to me.
What seems to be popular are mini fat ebikes, I don't recognize the bike name, maybe the price is a bit cheaper and its on Amazon then the bso ebikes sold at department stores. Like that one Amazon ebike i posted about, Jetson
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=112569&p=1665152&hilit=amazon+ebike+pedals#p1665152

never feel guilty :) , but I do like to pass nice and respectfully as not to startle with with my unusual ninja like speed and silence :mrgreen:
only bikers I pull are hot chicks, mainly store bought bikes round here,
met some girls on expensive specialized ebikes on the trail other day, way to classy for this redneck , yoga teacher and student from Japan, but they liked talking ebikes which was cool,
said that they hated there stupidly wide bars, so we went back to mine cut em down a bit ,
Japanese lady was digging how my forearms seemed invincible to grinder sparks 8) when they had a go on mine left em wondering why there's cost 2000 more , they had fox forks so that half of it right there :lol:
only self built bikes I seen local were BBS mids drives , both grumpy old bastards so that says lot about us self builders no names mentioned :wink:
I said to one is that a BBS hd? all he said about it was ,yes, :roll:
second we were stuck behind hedge cutting machine, I said nice day init, to which he responded "I come out here for the solitude" real friendly ,think he was just bitter as he be stuck behind machine ,didn't have power to get the gap and overtake like me :bolt:

Back