Aussie Superlites go Silent

$4000 aud,
48v 20ah, 120 lbs
looks cool, ...

where-would-you2.png

excited to see a video posted, but frustrated by it.
all this digging holes yay, not, ok for a 10 seconds, then move on to show acceleration and jumps or something else...
the small bike for sale looks a bit too small
the large bike looks like they might be doing prototyping with a mid drive. its got a cav3 on there.

48v seems a bit low for a 55 kg bike though.

honestly though, it looks like they have just taken a pit bike removed the engine and replaced it with batteries and a rear hub (do it yourself cheaper) or there large one they should look at the stuff on here.

yeah I think its just a customer video not from the company..
otherwise it would have been at the track, jumping, berms etc..
at least it means they are getting out there
i look forward to more tests, etc
& yes a bigger bike hopefully soon/next..
8)

John Bozi said:
excited to see a video posted, but frustrated by it.
all this digging holes yay, not, ok for a 10 seconds, then move on to show acceleration and jumps or something else...
the small bike for sale looks a bit too small
the large bike looks like they might be doing prototyping with a mid drive. its got a cav3 on there.

48v seems a bit low for a 55 kg bike though.

honestly though, it looks like they have just taken a pit bike removed the engine and replaced it with batteries and a rear hub (do it yourself cheaper) or there large one they should look at the stuff on here.

looks like the controller is going to destroyed the first time the bike goes over anything with a foot drop or foot up something.

too low.

The kruberg free ride is cheaper and much better

same thing though I have to hope i don't get in trouble with the cops...

Braaap Silent.. "Due to the increase in technologies and advances in the electric area we have managed to streamline our production of the electric and bring the same quality bike at a much tighter price point.

The braaap Silent is now being sold at $1999 AUD, that's now half the price it was previously.
With the original braaap Silent having a 48v battery and pumping out 100nm of torque the new re-launched Silent now has a 60v battery, with new components supporting the power increase... "

http://www.braaapmotorcycles.com

new pricing and voltage etc was announced in the braaap newsletter..
stay tuned for updates ..
2015 Braaap Silent is now 60volts, $2K AUD ..
chassis by Braaap.. electronics by Catavolt AU ..
braaap is also now doing supermoto and café street bikes..
so maybe braaap electric street bikes may be next;)??

John Bozi said:
your link is to the front page

I see nothing about $2k there and on its page it still says $4k minus a dollar.

http://www.braaapmotorcycles.com/The-braaap-Silent-_p_5367.html

can you copy paste the newsletter?

$2k is a good price for a complete bike to rip around on in my opinion I can't build a brand new one cheaper.

60v what amps? in that tiny wheel it will be sufficient to say the least. I'm tempted to by a $3k mid drive, this would be much cheaper and complete.

you could always subscribe to the newsletter;) ..
web site pricing has been updated..
2015 Braaap Silent : $1,999.00 AUD
over 100nm of torque :twisted:

"
Nov 2014
Last weekend the guys from braaap Hobart headed down to Cambridge Moto for a ride! Summer is slowly creeping in for Tasmania and the track at Cambridge has just been freshly groomed for riding.
The guys took down a Classic 150cc, a Pro 88cc and the braaap Silent. The Silent has just been price dropped to only $1999, you can now choose either the petrol or electric option bike at the same price. Check out the Silent here : http://www.braaapmotorcycles.com/The-braaap-Silent-_p_5367.html ...

Oct 2014
WORLD FIRST - Electric or Petrol? Same Price > 50% Price Reduction In "braaap Silent"
Choose your braaap in ELECTRIC or PETROL - SAME PRICE!
50% price reduction on the electric braaap Silent.

We have just re-launched the braaap Silent. Due to the increase in technologies and advances in the electric area we have managed to streamline our production of the electric and bring the same quality bike at a much tighter price point.

The braaap Silent is now being sold at $1999 AUD, that's now half the price it was previously.
With the original braaap Silent having a 48v battery and pumping out 100nm of torque the new re-launched Silent now has a 60v battery, with new components supporting the power increase.
We are taking pre-orders now for the Silent and it will land in December this year.
"

John Bozi said:
can you copy paste the newsletter?

$2k is a good price for a complete bike to rip around on in my opinion I can't build a brand new one cheaper.

60v what amps? in that tiny wheel it will be sufficient to say the least. I'm tempted to by a $3k mid drive, this would be much cheaper and complete.

Back