Auto Throttle On Immediatly Upon Connection to Controller

Toohey2e

1 µW
Just as the title says, but in addition get this!: when i connect the 3-pin throttle to the Lyen 18-fet controller the rear hub motor is imediatly powered on...BUT ALSO, if i disconnect the black ground wire and only connect the reds and green wires the hub motor imediatly gets full power...whereas with the 3-wires it seems to get about medium power it seems... I dont have another working throttle right now to compare, nor another controller...Ive opened up the Lyen controller to look and smell for anything unordinary but dont see anything it could be. Although I dont really know what Im doing in there, honestly. So, you guys are super smart on here, and Im hoping one of you can tell me how to get my bike working correctly again. Is my controller f***ed? Throttle fried? Id really apreciate any and all help anybody decidesto give me.
Thanks in advance,
tom

Sounds like a bad black wire connection somewhere, possibly inside the controller. Could also be a bad throttle.
Try measuring the black wire voltage with power on vs. the battery negative. It should be zero. If it measures zero, I would suspect the throttle.

Back