does the front and back brake cables need to be connected in other for throttle to work?

potna

10 mW
tldr is the topic, below is other info about this problem

transferred 3kw ebiking rear hub kit from one bike to the other and i cant get any throttle response, also no errors

i dont know exactly how the brake switch works, but in my head, no brake wire connected could mean open ciruit, therefore it may be assumed that the brakes are being depressed.

cant beleive i have to ask this, i know i knew this information at one point but i cant remember

i bought this kit from ebay about 3 years ago. i slowly kept upgrading everything on the bike and ended up with a pile of perfectly good parts so i decided to build another ebike.

i started on it last winter and had it working but didnt like the frame so i switched it over to yet another bike and now the throttle is not working.

this controller was warranty swapped just before i tossed it to my parts pile, so it was only used on the bench.

when i bought the kit it came with zero instructions. i got it figure out 3 years and but wanted more power. anyways the seller never answers any of my questions. since this is a gneraic chinese controller i am having a hard time narrowing down exactly what wires do what and how basic things work

my main ebike that i love and ride, that i built has a sabvoton controller and qs hub.

it dawned on me that i cant garuntee that i know for sure which wire is the throttle wire, same with pass.

also, i am using after market throttle so the connector could be wrong gender and or wrong pin out.

also, i had not got to the step of conected the brake handles that have the 2 wire cable coming out of them.

i have the old original kit brakes but i cut the ends up to make them work on yet another controller.

does the controller need to see the brake wires, both front and rear, in order the allow throttle?

my throttle tests find and i cant get the pas to do anything either.

i am not afriad to cut and splice wires, i am just trying to avoid that on this controller being that its so hard to identify, i didnt want to complicate things, but will if i need to.

i dont know exactly how the brake switch works, but in my head, no brake wire connected could mean open ciruit, therefore it may be assumed that the brakes are being depressed.

does the controller need to see the brake wires, both front and rear, in order the allow throttle?
I’m only attempting to answer one question that you asked two different ways. Yes, if you don’t connect the brake wires, the controller will assume the brakes have been applied and will not allow throttle or peddle assist.

I’m only attempting to answer one question that you asked two different ways. Yes, if you don’t connect the brake wires, the controller will assume the brakes have been applied and will not allow throttle or peddle assist.
omg, thank you for trying to help, i just re-read my post and it was terrible, i was tired, aggravated and it was like 4am when i typed that out. im thinking more clearly now and will dig in on getting this going tonight.

I have an E-Bikeling controller with two 2-pin brake wires, open, unconnected, throttle works just fine.
thanks for the input

which controller do you have? mine is labeled:

"brushless controller
spec: dc42v-86v max 3000w
max dc current 60a
max phase current: 150a eabs
some bar code junk
03/20/21 nsk lcd"

thanks for the input

which controller do you have? mine is labeled:

"brushless controller
spec: dc42v-86v max 3000w
max dc current 60a
max phase current: 150a eabs
some bar code junk
03/20/21 nsk lcd"

Mine is discontinued but it's a 1500W 30A one. I've heard some controllers need to have the brake wires connected to something. Never had to deal with that personally on the small handful I've had.

Mine is discontinued but it's a 1500W 30A one. I've heard some controllers need to have the brake wires connected to something. Never had to deal with that personally on the small handful I've had.
yeah, i am having a hard time getting this going, i found the ebay listing from when i bought it, but their pic of the controller clearly has the wrong pic for the controller diagram as it shows the throttle cable to be one wire for some reason. im about to say eff it, and just use one of my other controllers i have laying around.

Back