Razor E300 HD controller wiring

envisionelec

1 µW
I’ve acquired two dead E300 HD brushless hub motor scooters and determined through testing that their controllers (HB-2416NL) were dead. They were free to me on a buy nothing group but it would be pretty nice to get them working for my kids. Razor shows the controller perpetually Out Of Stock.

I found a close replacement in the HB-2416WT for the E300 HDL but the seller has no wiring information and I’m trying to determine which control wires to swap or which ones go to the HDL's lighting circuits so I can use the process of elimination to ensuire first-time success. The motor, power and sensor wiring appear to be the same but the major difference seems to be the throttle and brake connector is integrated on one connector with a short pigtail to another one - maybe an interlock? I have made no effort to install them yet because I also need to buy new batteries in order to test it.

Are the connectors somewhat standardized or is it a free-for-all? The only other identifying information is the voltage and current: 24V 16A maximum.

Starting with the lowest effort ask - does anyone have a diagram for this or similar boxes?

EDIT: UPDATE

I managed to tear down the original (confirmed) water-damaged controller and get the circuit board out. From there I deciphered the control signals and should be able to match them to the new controller. Worst case, I can buy another new controller for the purposes of tearing it down and figuring out the signals, because the assembly is kind of "one and done" and doesn't look easy to put back together.

This thread will hopefully help others looking for information about the E300 HD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I was successful in my quest. The controller is made by TaoTao not Razor. The throttle wiring on the new controller is red, black and white and in the 6 pin white plug. Just remove the pins from there and swap over to the 3 pin housing from the original controller with red, black and blue (write down the order or take photos). White replaces blue. You can also cut the wires free and splice in the old connector.

All the other connectors plug right in. There is a brake switch connector with a black and blue wire (new) that plugs into the same black and green (old) without issue.

There is an LED output wire according to the printing on the circuit board. I didn’t determine what its function is but I think it’s a headlight output. It is red and purple.

Happy trails! 😉

Last edited:
be mindful that overloading any connection such as one designed for a dash led with relatively hi watt draw lighting could have undesirable knock on effects, check your lighting load is within capacity of any switching circuit you connect it to, other forums i frequent suggest lighting should be fed directly via the battery feed using a step down converter if needed, as controller light switching is not designed to handle the many aftermarket additions many like to add.

be mindful that overloading any connection such as one designed for a dash led with relatively hi watt draw lighting could have undesirable knock on effects, check your lighting load is within capacity of any switching circuit you connect it to, other forums i frequent suggest lighting should be fed directly via the battery feed using a step down converter if needed, as controller light switching is not designed to handle the many aftermarket additions many like to add.
Agreed. The HDL has a headlight LED which appears to be relatively low power with simple reflector optics. I’d be surprised if it could drive anything very substantial.

You can get a cheap replacement controller on AliExpress, with proper speed control via throttle (need to replace the throttle). Much better handling than original on/off
(Edit) wrong, I was thinking about old E300 scooter with brushed motor. E300 hd is brushless...

Last edited:
Back