Bafang 850C color LCD, currently working for TSDZ2 motor -- Flexible OpenSource firmware

arka said:
thank you. I didn't notice this topic in wikipedia. I have another more serious problem with the temperature sensor installed. On LCD3 it works very well, but on 850C the temperature is not shown, I showed it in the video below:
https://youtu.be/Jg81CbfcDCc
I will check in a few days when I get back at home. I can tell you that I can see the motor temperature sensor on the 850C graph.

I checked, you can see the temperature on the graph. But as you said, if you have a histogram from a long trip, you don't know very well what the current temperature is. If you drive in the mountains, an indication of the temperature as a number would be great. Example: 1. You are going uphill and the display shows you 73 degrees Celsius 2. You know that you need to reduce the speed or you will immediately activate the limit A on the graph the measurement accuracy can be read + -5 degrees Celsius and often will cut off your power. If you will be doing version 0.5.0, please think Do not display the temperature in the form of a number. You are doing a great job I have paid you a paypall amount and I encourage the rest of the people to do the same.

P.S. On your YouTube channel under the battery you had the current value in volts, e.g. "51.2W" how to turn it on?

IMG_0529.jpg

arka said:
I checked, you can see the temperature on the graph. But as you said, if you have a histogram from a long trip, you don't know very well what the current temperature is. If you drive in the mountains, an indication of the temperature as a number would be great. Example: 1. You are going uphill and the display shows you 73 degrees Celsius 2. You know that you need to reduce the speed or you will immediately activate the limit A on the graph the measurement accuracy can be read + -5 degrees Celsius and often will cut off your power. If you will be doing version 0.5.0, please think Do not display the temperature in the form of a number. You are doing a great job I have paid you a paypall amount and I encourage the rest of the people to do the same.

P.S. On your YouTube channel under the battery you had the current value in volts, e.g. "51.2W" how to turn it on?
I understand what you would like to have. We are planning that but it is not done yet, it will take maybe 2 months to get there.

I accept donations but I do not take any compromise, I do not work for others on this project however I try to do what works for me and that also will help others.

On YouTube, probably you saw something old and temporary, from an old version or a development version.

All the options and key combinations are available on the wiki. Follow the guide on how to configure the firmware.

It's great that you're working on it! On our Polish electric bicycle forum:
https://pojazdyelektryczne.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2599&p=53708#p53708
and YouTube channels there is a lot of interest in your soft, I think that more and more people will decide on TSDZ2 + your firmware. Good luck!

Flashed my first display using stlink and tought i screwed it up somehow because it went completly white after that
so i bought a new one and used the bootloader image and a uart adapter but with same result

does it need to be connected to a already flashed motor ? because i dont want to flash the tsdz2 until the display works

Dont know how to continue...any advice ?

bennyschudo said:
Flashed my first display using stlink and tought i screwed it up somehow because it went completly white after that
so i bought a new one and used the bootloader image and a uart adapter but with same result

does it need to be connected to a already flashed motor ? because i dont want to flash the tsdz2 until the display works

Dont know how to continue...any advice ?
Hi.

Seems there are out there different versions of the 850C :cry:

Just like you, an user had the full white display although the motor works as expected as also when changing the assist level on 850C, just the LCD is full white. Here is a picture of the 850C, that is full white with our OpenSource firmware but with a flashed firmware that was found online for 850C and that works perfeclty on my 850C -- as we can see, the image is inverted, meaning that there are different displays versions on 850C:

I will put a warning on the wiki about this and put max focus to try solve this. I already asked for ideas to other developers...

Can someone please donate to me that 850C version? because I can't debug and develop the solution without that 850C version.

Eggybert said:
Where do you live?
I see what I can do. I cannot use it anyway.
Thanks!!

See my PM.

Im from Germany, Dortmund

i can send one of the displays to you if you are interested

btw - here are some photos

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_095610.jpg
    IMG_20190913_095610.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 3,214
  • IMG_20190913_095821.jpg
    IMG_20190913_095821.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3,214
  • IMG_20190913_095643.jpg
    IMG_20190913_095643.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 3,214
Hello,
I flashed the firmware v0.4.0 to my 850C display, Everything works fine, but I can not find the settings for the street mode.
Please can you tell me, where I can find the settings in the cunfigurations menu?
Thank you!

bennyschudo and Eggybert, can you guys tell where you bought your 850C displays??

I sent a PM with my address. If both you guys can send me, will be great because I will need probably to damage the display...

micha_ub said:
Hello,
I flashed the firmware v0.4.0 to my 850C display, Everything works fine, but I can not find the settings for the street mode.
Please can you tell me, where I can find the settings in the cunfigurations menu?
Thank you!
Sorry but street mode is not implemented yet. I put now a note on the wiki to give the correct expectation.

On the wiki page:

Steps for the installation
Note: before start, please first read all the steps to find the tools you will need to have.

Buy the display of your preference: buy Bafang 850C

I put the note following note:

There are different versions of Bafang 850C / DPC-14, some users are reporting that a specific version, the display stays full white and does not work with our firmware. The ones bought recently from PSWPower shop, the model P850C on this link do work.

Ebay too

Display is on the way to you - already opened - feel free to do with it what ever you want

https://www.ebay.de/itm/BAFANG-BBS0102-BBSHD850C-New-Version-LCD-Display-Mid-Drive-Ebike-Conversion-Kit/352731664373?hash=item5220720ff5:g:KkIAAOSwuIRdOW84

Hi all
I've bought a new 850C display and have a white screen issue, too. Sad. 75 euros wasted.

If anybody you guys are developers and have a white screen, you can help by debug the code. Please tell me and I will guide.

I can probably also get info if you give me the numbers from the back... At the same time I could try to get more information if there is a way we can tell for sure if it is compatible with what variation.

That way we can know what to ask suppliers (like to confirm serial/date on back before purchase) to ensure compatibility...

I'm thinking some is older stock, which is not compatible... Newer stock should all be same type now, however, I do not know for sure, this was just my understanding... Either way, may be able to get to the bottom of it from the manufacturer or at least an employee there ;)

casainho said:
If anybody you guys are developers and have a white screen, you can help by debug the code. Please tell me and I will guide.

Hi, I'm a C++ developer and I have white screen issue. I would gladly offer any help. I am digging into the firmware sources but without guidance I can barely get a grasp what's happening there.

r0mko said:
casainho said:

Hi, I'm a C++ developer and I have white screen issue. I would gladly offer any help. I am digging into the firmware sources but without guidance I can barely get a grasp what's happening there.
Please debug the init of the LCD. Find where is the first time in the code that LCD get all white. Thanks.

casainho said:
r0mko said:
Please debug the init of the LCD. Find where is the first time in the code that LCD get all white. Thanks.

I would be grateful for some technical guidance: how to debug, toolchain, IDE etc. I have nearly zero experience in microcontroller programming.

r0mko said:
casainho said:
r0mko said:

I would be grateful for some technical guidance: how to debug, toolchain, IDE etc. I have nearly zero experience in microcontroller programming.
It will take time, but you can put a while(1) ; after each init command. Out that while, build and flash, and see how the LCD reacts. I expect you can see something on LCD, inverted, before something is written and put full white - at least one user reported this.
Maybe the issue is not on init of the LCD but some write of data that will overflow and make the LCD full white.

casainho said:
It will take time, but you can put a while(1) ; after each init command. Out that while, build and flash, and see how the LCD reacts. I expect you can see something on LCD, inverted, before something is written and put full white - at least one user reported this.
Maybe the issue is not on init of the LCD but some write of data that will overflow and make the LCD full white.

Please check your PM

Progress update here: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/issues/9#issuecomment-531602630

r0mko said:
casainho said:
r0mko said:

I'd like to know this too so I can help, but the process of the learning curve here keeps me from having the time. Is it basically started with some kind of dev kit for STM32? Just wondering if there is some information on the process.

Back