Bafang g510 fat bike…new or used?

unclejemima

100 W
So the G510 vs the M620 is the same think from what I can tell.

That means any G510 bike would be fully programmable with an EggRider, etc?

Also the G510 would be a torque sensor as wel”, correct?

The bike is advertised at 1000w…but I’d imagine I can take it 1500w with 30amp 48v like any other bafang ultra?

A FS fat bike with a G510/M620 with a 10/11 speed and 20ah 48v battery…what would something like that be worth new in North America from a vendor with stock in NA? Could I get a new one for around $2500 usd new?

I found this one (attached photo) for $1800 usd with around 300 miles from the original owner.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 6
Fat bikes are handicapped on pavement and other firm surfaces. They're for riding on snow, sand, loose gravel, mashed potatoes, tic-tacs, the macerated organs of your enemies, etc. On real riding surfaces they're just slow, inefficient, poor-handling, puncture-prone, expensive, quick-wearing and goofy looking. They're like the combat boots your mama wears to church-- graceless and inappropriate for the circumstances.

Commercial e-bikes are almost all extremely poor value compared to DIY. Either they're exorbitantly expensive, or depressingly crappy quality, or both.

Go for strike three if you must. My advice is to get a real, pleasant to ride bike and convert it yourself.

Go for strike three if you must. My advice is to get a real, pleasant to ride bike and convert it yourself.
Good advice. And I agree. I’m really wanting a bbshd but the torque sensor in the g510/m620 is what really has me leaning toward it. Obviously the proprietary bottom bracket mount of the bafang ultra leaves me stuck with a commercial pre-built bike.

I agree the bike looks like a tank. And at 300 miles, it will be hard miles I’m certain,

I’m just wondering if this g510 IS the same thing as a m620…and can I mod it/program it just the same???

the bike is claimed to be a from 2022…perhaps it’s an old stock motor?
The g510 has nylon gears where the m620 has steel if I want to recall?

Back