Bafang M500/M600 thread

mirkoser100 said:
You can buy it here. If you are in Germany you will get it within 3 days.

https://hollandbikeshop.com/de-de/fahrradteile-elektrisches-rad/bafang-e-bike-ersatzteile/bafang-werkzeug/bafang-besst-uc-3-0-diagnose-tool-schwarz-674362/

Yes somebody posted a firmware but for a 43v M600 version...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I enclose the firmware for M600 43V from August 2020 and the firmware 48V from November 2019.
I think the 43V is better than the 48V even in a 48V system.

Attachments

• CRX10NC4320i132045.6-20200806.txt
    71.6 KB · Views: 141
  • CRX10NC4818i132014.6-20191126.txt
    71.6 KB · Views: 122
CiDi said:
Fraben said:
mirkoser100 said:
I can confirm that you can use besst software and tool (newest version) without having credentials . I just changed the wheel size and max speed on my m500 . You need to do some adjustments in the script but finally I got it to work.

And I was able to increase the max speed from 25kmh to 60kmh.

Hey Mirkoser,

How did you adjust the script, because I also have an M500 motor and i can only max 25km / h.

Is it just copy / paste stuff?

thanks

Remember to add the text

127.0.0.1 test.api.besst.bafang-service.com

to the host file in the folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

I have not succeeded yet, I am going to review everything again.

Thank you in advance

CiDi said:
mirkoser100 said:

https://hollandbikeshop.com/de-de/fahrradteile-elektrisches-rad/bafang-e-bike-ersatzteile/bafang-werkzeug/bafang-besst-uc-3-0-diagnose-tool-schwarz-674362/

I enclose the firmware for M600 43V from August 2020 and the firmware 48V from November 2019.

Where can I find the latest firmware of M500 motor?
thanks

Fraben said:
CiDi said:
mirkoser100 said:

Where can I find the latest firmware of M500 motor?
thanks

For the firmware of the M600 motor I made a request to Bafang technical support service@bafang-e.com.

You can make a request by communicating the model and serial number of the motor.

Fraben said:
CiDi said:
Fraben said:
mirkoser100 said:
I can confirm that you can use besst software and tool (newest version) without having credentials . I just changed the wheel size and max speed on my m500 . You need to do some adjustments in the script but finally I got it to work.

And I was able to increase the max speed from 25kmh to 60kmh.

Hey Mirkoser,

How did you adjust the script, because I also have an M500 motor and i can only max 25km / h.

Is it just copy / paste stuff?

thanks

Remember to add the text

127.0.0.1 test.api.besst.bafang-service.com

to the host file in the folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

I have not succeeded yet, I am going to review everything again.

Thank you in advance

You can follow this procedure:

For installation python:
https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-install-python-3-windows

For installation pip from Python:
python get-pip.py

For installation simplejson from Python:
pip install simplejson

mirkoser100 said:
No you can just modify the max speed and wheel size

Is there a full list somewhere of what settings are editable through the BESST software, or is that all?

famichiki said:
mirkoser100 said:
No you can just modify the max speed and wheel size

Is there a full list somewhere of what settings are editable through the BESST software, or is that all?

All settings depend on the firmware not on the BESST interface.

For M500/M600 these are the only ones available.

For other models, however, more settings are available.

It would take someone experienced to decompile the firmware and unlock all settings.

Attachments

• Controller Write.jpg
    Controller Write.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 3,181
  • Controller Set.jpg
    Controller Set.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 3,181
I'm one of the folks with the last generation of the Luna X1 with the M600, and like many I am annoyed at the way this motor works in low PAS levels - it basically doesn't. Then at 3/5 or 5/9 you suddenly get tons of power everywhere, but a little too much, really.

Maybe the torque sensor recalibration is the answer here, has anyone tried that?

Would it be possible to swap in an M500? It sounds like it might be more refined. I know the mounts are the same - but what about the connections?

Luna is of no help. I am in contact with Bafang USA's warranty rep to see what they might be able to do about the low PAS issues. I inquired about how I could update to the latest firmware without sending my motor in. This is the latest from him:

hi, Tom
think it's the M600 controller problem. I need checke the serila number first. thank you.

First I've heard of a controller problem. I am skeptical but who knows?

It's certainly pretty weird that so many of us would be having the exact same controller problem, but... maybe?

got mine at this for now

CiDi said:

Has anyone successfully flashed a controller originally with 14.5 to 14.6? I just tried flashing with this 14.6 firmware and the motor would not turn on until it was flashed back to the original.

Animalector said:
A discussion about the differences between the M500 and M600

[youtube]qKd8GWlN-LE[/youtube]

Andy

Nice video. I enjoyed it honestly.
What I am wondering is do the sound is less prominent with aluminum frames then carbon ones?
I am only assuming the M600 would be louder on a carbon frame due to the stiffness and other properties where vibrations travel more and the noise is louder.

JBC said:
wizard04 said:
JBC said:
Hi, I have a bike built with the Bafang M600. I have only one short test run, everything seems to be functional, enough power.
But I want to install battery-powered lighting. The display shows the lights on - so I assume that the lights can be powered from the motor controller.
Does anyone know what a connector / pin is?
Or better, if someone had the whole wiring diagram.

How are you satisfied with the bike? I just purchased the same frame 19in one.
Do you mind answering few question?
What is the total weight of the bike with the battery?
Did you manage to find the option for connecting the light? I would also like to connect one.
Is the battery easily removable and does it have a on/off switch?

BTW I ordered the same color, but I am thinking of repainting it to something dark gray or dark blue.

Hi,

it can be said that I am satisfied with the frame. The important thing is that the frame is comfortable for me. But I had to redo the battery mount because it started to loosen over time. And also remodel the main pin of the rear structure. And also painting is not very durable.
But I must say that I use the bike in the terrain sometimes quite extremely.

I don't know the exact weight until now :)

I solve the lighting power supply via a small transformer powered by the battery head.

The battery does not have a switch.
I will probably receive my in 2 weeks. Do you mind telling me can you route the droppost internally or you need to do it externally? I am looking to buy sooner so it will arrive on time. And also is the frame /bike heavy? This is something that was not specified, I got the 29er 19in one.

I don't think it would make much difference. The sound doesn't appear to be resonant.. and seems to be originating from / isolated to the motor... Not saying it won't make a difference, but I don't think it would be significant.

THe noise of the M600 isn't a show stopper, it's not obnoxious.. just louder than the others.

Andy

Animalector said:
I don't think it would make much difference. The sound doesn't appear to be resonant.. and seems to be originating from / isolated to the motor... Not saying it won't make a difference, but I don't think it would be significant.

THe noise of the M600 isn't a show stopper, it's not obnoxious.. just louder than the others.

Andy

I was fully aware of the "noise" issue before I opted to get one. But of course I will try what I can to minimize it. I would probably drive my eMTB it as a commute as well. I have more smoother rides in the mountains then in the city with all the cobble stones and bad patching in the street.

I am just wondering where to get the "silent" gear, I know Luna is selling them but its out of stick since I started researching on it and it seems Bafang is not addressing this noise issue.

I wonder if it's just the M500 gear... That would kinda make sense.

I might see if I can order a couple then pull down the M600 to see if they're the same size. I've got a feeling they might be

Andy

hello everybody from france

after 3 years on canyon spectral on (following a cube AMS150 with BBS01), i want to return to bafang and build another bike. The only AM/enduro frame found in XL (21") is the dengfu E10, I am not fan of carbone ( rocky mountain used ) but i do not find other ?
I have question about motor. dengfu can provide it, but they cannot give me information about content of package. Does throtlle provided with M500 (very importent to me for walk mode) ? which display/remote are delivery with classic package (i would like separate display and remote +- alike the shimano).

thank for your help and any recomendation

patrick

Here's a new one. Error 27... Display works, speed is correct, no motor output

Cause: a full afternoon of shuttle downhill runs a couple of days ago and this morning I got half-way through a ride, bombed down a very rocky single track, with jumps and berms. While heading down, I saw the display flash an error code, thought it could be speed sensor (because it was ROUGH), and when I went to pedal up the hill there was nothing.. Power off and back on, still nothing. Remove and reinstall battery - still nothing.

I connected to the BESST Tool and ran diagnositics. The only way I could get the error code was through the display's menu and not the BESST Software.. But the software does have a list of what the codes mean. so...

Error 27 - Controller detected overcurrent
1. Using the BESST tool update the controller. If the problem still occurs, please change the motor.

With that in mind, the BESST controller page reports "current" values in the controller as 3 - 4A at idle, which is high. However, the Battery current was reporting around 100mA under the same conditions.. So...

Possibilities:
1. Shorted motor conector (considering the rough track)
2. Some issue with the current sensor (dry solder joint?)
3. Loose connector perhaps.
4. Firmware? surely not...
5. ????? (ideas anyone???) what do we collectively think about this one?

I will pull out the controller tomorrow to investigate. Since the motor will be open, I will try replacing the M500 gear into the M600 motor

Later
Andy

patdam said:
hello everybody from france

after 3 years on canyon spectral on (following a cube AMS150 with BBS01), i want to return to bafang and build another bike. The only AM/enduro frame found in XL (21") is the dengfu E10, I am not fan of carbone ( rocky mountain used ) but i do not find other ?
I have question about motor. dengfu can provide it, but they cannot give me information about content of package. Does throtlle provided with M500 (very importent to me for walk mode) ? which display/remote are delivery with classic package (i would like separate display and remote +- alike the shimano).

thank for your help and any recomendation

patrick

When I ordered the frames in January, with M500 they gave the DP230 display with integrated keys, with M600 DP240 with separate keys.
I asked if variants were possible and they said no.
I ordered the motors from CNEBikes who supplied them as I wanted, DP241 Bluetooth, light cable, brake cable at the same price.

[/quote]

When I ordered the frames in January, with M500 they gave the DP230 display with integrated keys, with M600 DP240 with separate keys.
I asked if variants were possible and they said no.
I ordered the motors from CNEBikes who supplied them as I wanted, DP241 Bluetooth, light cable, brake cable at the same price.
[/quote]

thank you for the return. i confirm that dengfu have not control on bafang kit content (i understand ). Currently, if i trust the picture provided it is the DP240 with the M500 (but may be they show me a picture of M600 ?). I am a little beet desapointed by technical information provided by dengfu , they did not answer clearly at my interogations about exact content of kit, battery cells, waranties (i understand less). i will try to find the motor from other dealer.

It is possible to use an classic battery 36V 17Ah (from my BBS01) on M500.250 ? as M500.250 is designed to EU rule (25 km/h max) does it is provided with throttle ? not in line with EU rule but mandatory to me, to using in walk mode in mountain.

Has anyone sucessfully altered the speed limit on the M500, I don't need the M600's power ( I would sooner have light batteries with greater range ) and would prefer the quietness of the M500 but we have found that 25kph limit a real pain as often keeping up with our analogue mates, they are moving faster than this ?

Has anyone sucessfully altered the speed limit on the M500, I don't need the M600's power ( I would sooner have light batteries with greater range )

yes, you need the BESST Tool, or access to someone with the BESST Tool.

THen you just change the Speed limit to 40km/h, wheel size to 29 or 27.5 (or 26) and then set the exact wheel circumference this gets the most out of the system.

I Agree, M500 is the way to go.. :)

IMG_20201016_103626 (Custom).jpg
You have to be careful with the plugs because the two small plugs can be reveresed..
IMG_20201016_115601 (Custom).jpg
See the M600 has extra FETS and two shunts in parallel, the M500 has only 1 shunt, and less FETs. Also note the size of the 3 PIN phase connector... so you just can't swap controllers without some wiring work.
IMG_20201016_141109 (Custom).jpg
So far they are the same..
IMG_20201016_141116 (Custom).jpg
Note the hole, there is a rubber bung that goes here, remove it and install a screw to hold the gearset to the chassis when removing.
IMG_20201016_143149 (Custom).jpg
Ok, so here we see some differences, the metal gear is thinner, but also different tooth count.
IMG_20201016_143222 (Custom).jpg
A close up of the gears. M500 left, M600 RIght, left is plastic, right is steel.
IMG_20201016_143716 (Custom).jpg
Note the gear Ratios, plastic (M500) is 7:32 and the steel (M600) is 6:27. or 0.21875 vs 0.22222 so pretty much the same reduction.

So Conclusion. You cannot just swap the M500 gear into the M600 motor, because the pitch looks different. Oh well... :)

Back