Bafang M500/M600 thread

Hi what is "PL" in this schematic? "P+" is VCC. Ground is shielding earth and "PL" is ground i guess? Thanks
Bown is P+, orange is VCC or Key

Attachments

• Bafang_M500_M600_Display_Cable.png
    Bafang_M500_M600_Display_Cable.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Bafang M500-M600 Can Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Bafang M500-M600 Can Wiring Diagram.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Can someone post firmware 46.2 for m600 48v?
We need a controller with 46.2 for this.. I'm able to extract it then. :) Is there anybody in Europe that could potentially send it to me?

the Easy Way ;)
Edit: This version is not the right one. is not adjustable

Attachments

• CRX10NC4818i132046.2.yy-28-2230-boot3.0-93-20220927190208.rar
    39.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I managed to buy controller with 46.2 firmware but it is not possible "download" firmware from controller.
FW is adjustable and that part works great. I adjusted assist level 1 for 100 w and 2 for 200 w and level 3 for 350 w. Angle adjustment works, too.
Acceleration adjustment decreases starting power-on "jerk" when at level 3 so one can ride technical trail without being launched off the mountain.
Only issue on my 46.2 controller is when pedaling and rolling on throttle there is a immediate and severe jump in power then pause and then throttle take over unlike 14.6 where power is cut for fraction of a second and then throttle takes over.
My understanding is that 46.3 fw is also adjustable on BESST Pro but I don't want to change my working unit unless I can return to 46.2.
Does anyone know what other boot 93 fw is adjustable?

Hello.
I'm happy to introduce my new open source project - OpenBafangTool.
Currently it supports only bafang motors with UART interface, but I plan to add support of CAN later.
The main goal of project to make modern cross-platform tool to configurate and repair different kinds of modern ebike systems, such as Bafang, Yamaha (right now I'm working on it), Brose and others.
You can download executables for windows and linux (AppImage) and the manual here, source code is available here.
Currently this project in early alpha phase, so please use it carefully.
I'm looking forward for your feedback!

Does anyone know what other boot 93 fw is adjustable?
This is the issue. As far as I know, 46.2 is the only firmware that's capable!

Guys, do u understand why +5V is going to battery over battery CAN connector?
That does not make sense to me. Main battery voltage is going to motor, here DC/DC to 5V and running back to battery.

Guys, do u understand why +5V is going to battery over battery CAN connector?
That does not make sense to me. Main battery voltage is going to motor, here DC/DC to 5V and running back to battery.
I think it's for the CAN BMS to know when to start sending battery status messages.

Last edited:
Could be, they just used common +5V output for this. Dont have bafang batt to test it. I guess BMS would start sending even when it detects some current draw.

BESST Pro compatible 46.2 firmware found!
Here is the flashable M600 48V 46.2 firmware that can be adjusted with BESST Pro 😎 Have fun!
Be aware, all "Max. Power" levels are on 100% by default! You need to adjust them yourself!

CRX10NC4818i132046.2

Please report any issues, you might encounter with this firmware, in this thread!

1708968904489.png

Attachments

• 93_CRX10NC4818i132046.2_besst-pro.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
hey , from what i see - besst pro is not a tool but a program ? but you need to have some pro account ?

hey , from what i see - besst pro is not a tool but a program ? but you need to have some pro account ?
BESST is a hardware device, sold by Bafang dealers.
BESST is also the software, that you can download from Bafangs website. It is the main-programm and Bafang uses it to manage orders and communication with brands and dealers.
BESST Pro is also a software, that you can download from Bafangs website. It is mainly for customizing assist level parameters and a simplified version of the main-programm

You can get a BESST login from a Bafang dealer, where you buy the tool or you use the BESST login bypass ("python method" by CiDi) to alter the speed limit. Another option would be, to send the CAN message manually, in order to set the max speed to 60km/h.

Last edited:
ah , so direct connection from pc to motor is not possible ? besst tool plug does what ?

Thank you for 46.2 firmware.
Are you getting a significant "jerk/jump" in motor power while pedaling and applying throttle? In other versions of firmware application of throttle while pedaling would cut off power for a fraction of a second and then throttle would take over. I tried different throttles and it seems like it is the firmware related issue. Any thoughts or suggestions?

hey . i have m600 with this display. can I change something with this setup or do I need some piece od hardware ? bafang go+ ? Screenshot_20240311_211004_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240311_211000_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240311_210951_Gallery.jpg

Has anyone found a supplier for the 48 x 54 x 3mm shaft seal that goes in the drive side of the M600 ?
AliExpress has virually every part for the M600 / M510 motors now. Ordered the shaft seal and its turned up 5 day later to the UK. Faster than the X seal I ordered from France at the same time which is yet to appear.

Hi, i have question, if there is some performance firmware for Bafang M500 36v250w? Mine FW controler: CRX10NC3617i142017.7 and the performance of the bike is very poor, in 4 and 5 assistence no differnce at all, and when the battery is 35% or less, the assisstence work only in 1 and 2, but is verry poor, almost can't ride even on street. Tnx for answers, Best Regards

hey . i have m600 with this display. can I change something with this setup or do I need some piece od hardware ? bafang go+ ?
Definitely too old for anything.. DPC241 is the DPC240, but with Bluetooth, but never worked reliably with Bafang GO app.. You would need to replace it with DPC245, as rightnow it's the only display that supports setting levels with Bafang GO+. Then you need to flash 46.2 to your M600 motor. Otherwise BESST Pro / Bafang GO+ won't work.

Attached is all info and firmware I have about DPC240 and DPC245.. Just in case someone needs them. I can't tell, if it's possible to convert a DPC240 to DPC245 just by flashing the firmware! Maybe it lacks the Bluetooth module.

Attachments

• Bafang_C240.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 81_DPC241CI10202.3.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 81_DPC240CI10202.200427_1606.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 4
this is some kind of black magic for me .
is there an option when one does not need besst tool ? like some new display with bluetooth and phone app to set up power levels ? or is besst tool mandatory no matter what ...?

Back