Bafang SW102 Bluetooth LCD - OpenSource firmware and mobile app

I have the sw102 from aliexpress, and I want to use it on bafang BBSHD motor, but the default firmware only has 5 assist levels and it also doesn't show the battery, is it possible to install the custom firmware and use it with the bafang BBSHD?
THANKS!

Any idea what i might be doing wrong?
Wires are soldered through the side entry method and connected as illustrated in the wiki, unit is powered when attempting to flash.
The display is receiving power from the TSDZ2 which has already been flashed with firmware version 1 beta 4.

Other info that may be of use:
A couple of seconds after powering up the display it shows error 30 then displays the speed, allows you to access menu's etc, the battery icon is flashing empty even though the battery is charged.
I cannot detect a bluetooth signal from the unit on the phone app either, it is picking up other bluetooth devices nearby so the phone seems to be functioning O.K.

I did read some of the technical discussions about units shipping with and without bluetooth enabled but it quickly got too technical for me!

Thank you, and thanks for everyone's hard work that is contributing to this. I blew up my 860C before I got it working with the motor so keen to get it right second time! :lol:

50084260138_9f752fd428_k.jpg

Hello everyone!

Just flashed v1.0.0 on SW102 and controller. :flame:

1. Found out that lights are not working for me :( UI shows 'LIGHTS', but 0V from controller on lights line. Do You maybe know what might be wrong?

2. Strange assist ramp. Previously I used KT3 display with 0.20 firmware and assist was pretty nice depending on how much force I apply.But with v1.0.0 there is almost no assist until 10-15km/h and then controller applies max power. It tries to rich Vmax = 30km/h, when I just pushed a little to increase V to 20km/h. Very annoying :confused: Do You know what to do to make it smooth?

Thanks in advance!

Post over in the main thread... Try my settings... Calibrate your torque sensor...

lasercat said:
HughF said:
Post over in the main thread... Try my settings... Calibrate your torque sensor...

Thank You. Your settings should be default IMO.
Did you find that they gave the performance you were expecting from the motor?

Hello, is it possible to install this custom firmware and use it with the default Bafang UART protocol? I just want to adapt a few things without swapping the firmware. Do you guys have the stock firmware to it?

Best regards,
Tomblarom

Hello, I am new on this forum and I am a fresh user of TSZD2 + SW102 with open source firmware. I am just missing a few functions related to bluetooth and I would like to help with developing them.

I see that in the code that
Code:
#define BLE_CSC
and
Code:
#define BLE_BAS
are commented and see that uncommenting at least BLE_BAS with enabling it in sdk compiles fine and works fine with GATT service discovery. So I am wondering is there any problem with this?

Maybe there is already something that I can start with, or there is a list that I can choose something to start working on?

I installed an asi bac 800 on a bbs02-750 watt.. works perfectly. however I only have an original sw102 display.
would I be able to use this on my asi bac 800 controller if I firmware upgrade it?

My tsdz2 died, who is the champ that can share a bbshd compatible firmware? If you did a dump of the original or have something even better please share via private 😇

Does anybody have infos about the similar display "DM03"?
It's labeled with "VeloFox DM03"....

Attachments

• DM03.jpg
    DM03.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,866
Is the GitHub repo still up for this the SW102 display? I get a 404 error. I've got a 52v BBSHD and would like to flash this Display? Is there a Smartphone app similar to the EggRider app?

BLDC-ADDICT said:
I can't seem to access the bluetooth releases either.

Does anyone have the latest bootloader hex file they could send me or upload a link? I've got my sw102 apart and ready to flash 8) the release pages is still down.

BLDC-ADDICT said:
BLDC-ADDICT said:

Does anyone have the latest bootloader hex file they could send me or upload a link? I've got my sw102 apart and ready to flash 8) the release pages is still down.
How do you take it apart?

geosped said:
BLDC-ADDICT said:
BLDC-ADDICT said:

How do you take it apart?

I followed the guide here https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/Color_LCD/wiki/Bafang-LCD-SW102#How_to_open_the_LCD

Hi All,

I wanted to use OpenSource and bootloader described in this threat on a SW102 device and I thought naively that all SW102's have those 4 terminals that I can use to install the bootloader. I've bought one, opened it using the instructions provided here and found out that the board is absolutely different and there are no any terminals for soldering the wires.

Can anyone please provide links for an SW102 device that I can upgrade with the OpenSource? It's very difficult to find an SW102 with BLE these days, but if I do find it, does it mean that it has those 4 terminals for the bootloader? My motor with embedded controller is BBS02B
Thanks!
sw102.jpeg

shaddi said:
Does anybody have infos about the similar display "DM03"?
It's labeled with "VeloFox DM03"....

Did you test the osf with this display? Or have you open it yet?

I know this is an older thread, but I was able to open up the SW102 very easily with zero damage using a heat gun. After about 45 seconds of applying heat, I was able to very easily pry open the device.

Back