BBS01 vs BBS02

drprox

100 µW
Hi all,
I would like to ask a few questions to people who may already have one or both of the above mentioned kits. I have already decided that a bafang crank drive is right for me, just can't decide which.

I ride a mountain bike mostly on local trail, some XC (~30 miles or so). I want to enhance my ride distance, speed and help on hills, but will still pedal all of the time, therefore only interested in pedal assist.

I test rode a Haibike Bosch unit which I thought was pretty good, but too pricey.

Having extra power when I need it is good however I see the following pros/cons of the BBS02:

1. More weight due to 48v battery and heavier motor
2. Possibly less efficient if used on low settings for a small assist level. Will the BBS02 have significantly less range?
3. If I did go BBS02, am I right in thinking the 750w version is the same motor as the 500w therefore buying the 500w is pointless as you could just set the 750w on a lower setting to be equivalent?
4. The obvious pro of more power and therefore more fun!

Has anyone rode both that can comment?

Thanks

Where are you?
you can try mine if you are close enough.

I went with the bbs02 48v because the motor is slightly bigger so sheeds heat better and you have more power. The efficiency at low levels are the same between the bbso1 and bbs02 if used at same power. If you take a 48volt 15ah battery you have the same amount of energy as a 36v 20ah battery and it would be the same size. You are right about the fact that the bbso2 750w is the same as the bbso2 500w just a different setting .
hope that helps

leo99 said:
I went with the bbs02 48v because the motor is slightly bigger so sheeds heat better and you have more power. The efficiency at low levels are the same between the bbso1 and bbs02 if used at same power. If you take a 48volt 15ah battery you have the same amount of energy as a 36v 20ah battery and it would be the same size. You are right about the fact that the bbso2 750w is the same as the bbso2 500w just a different setting .
hope that helps

Sorry but not quite 100% accurate. The 500w and 750w 48v motors are the same motors. However, when talking about a 500w motor sellers are selling them in 2 ways; 1, a true 750w with a 25a controller that is limited to produce only 18a and 2 a 750w motor that has a smaller 18a controller. The 18a controller actually has smaller wire leads. This is the way the 500w setups were sold early on. I think most seller found it was better to stock just the 25a model and limit the controller and call it a 500w setup (which it is).

My point is the motors are always the same but the controller may or may not be the same. Depends on your supplier. I guess some would say the 25a that is limited is better. But I have a "true" 500w and have been very happy with it.

Bob

bbs-01 is a 6mm smaller motorhouse than the bbs-02 you can see the technical drawings for both motors on my website ( www.fatbike-motor.com ) at the menu-> download

bbs-01 is 250Watt and 350watt
bbs-02 is 500watt to 750watt

regards
frank

i would guess that at high power levels near 250W and above, the bbs02 has noticeably better efficiency. Below a certain wattage, the BBS01 should be more efficient. But as already pointed out,the size of the motors does not differ so much. If there was a BBS03, this would be my choice ;)

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to order the BBS02. Just trying to find the best place to purchase.

greenbikekit appear good but not the cheapest, elifebike are cheap but can't really find any reviews of them

Back