BBSHD Error 30 fixed, but no pas.

SuperSl0w

10 mW
Hi, My BBSHD with eggrider display works flawlessly for 15k km.

Today i switched my bike on.. had a "-" instead of a "0" on my eggrider display for speed, and "-" watt instead of "0"
I started the eggrider app, "error 30"

Checked all the cables but no luck.
Disconnected display, and connected my usb programming cable (as the non display trick, throttle should work at this moment, but no luck!..)
Then i found this post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comments/omu6mp/potentially_bricked_bbshd_controller_any_ideas/ And followed this instructions to flash my controller with this file:CRR10E4830E104001.1.hex

The error 30 was gone! and i was able to use my throttle again, but PAS is not working.
Disconnected the display, and connected my usb programming cable, and throttle worked, but no PAS..

It looks like my PAS is dead.

Now i'm a bit confused. Maybe i had a PAS error in the first place, and "fixed" the problem with re-flashing my controller?
Or maybe i had 2 problems at the same time, and fixed 1?

How does error 30 suddenly appear? i did not changed anything for months..

My controller MCU type is : STC15W4K56S4

I foundalso firmware bin's int this topic:https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100064 but those firmware versions give me a error, and i dont dare to flash these, too scared to brick my controller. "The file is over the validscope, and the exceeding parts has been cleared"

Some1 with a solution maybe? Thanks!

You might not have done anything for months but you might have crashed or a bush branch caught a wire and tugged on it maybe rain got into it or a pin in a connector got loose and you did not check any of that?

SuperSl0w said:
Hi, My BBSHD with eggrider display works flawlessly for 15k km.

Today i switched my bike on.. had a "-" instead of a "0" on my eggrider display for speed, and "-" watt instead of "0"
I started the eggrider app, "error 30"

Checked all the cables but no luck.
Disconnected display, and connected my usb programming cable (as the non display trick, throttle should work at this moment, but no luck!..)
Then i found this post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comments/omu6mp/potentially_bricked_bbshd_controller_any_ideas/ And followed this instructions to flash my controller with this file:CRR10E4830E104001.1.hex

The error 30 was gone! and i was able to use my throttle again, but PAS is not working.
Disconnected the display, and connected my usb programming cable, and throttle worked, but no PAS..

It looks like my PAS is dead.

Now i'm a bit confused. Maybe i had a PAS error in the first place, and "fixed" the problem with re-flashing my controller?
Or maybe i had 2 problems at the same time, and fixed 1?

How does error 30 suddenly appear? i did not changed anything for months..

My controller MCU type is : STC15W4K56S4

I foundalso firmware bin's int this topic:https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100064 but those firmware versions give me a error, and i dont dare to flash these, too scared to brick my controller. "The file is over the validscope, and the exceeding parts has been cleared"

Some1 with a solution maybe? Thanks!

No, cables/connectors are fine.
After the controller firmware flash, I am able to ride on throttle only. Pas is completely dead.

My bike is for commuting only. Never crashes, even never fallen. My guess: it's the controller and or the pas sensor..

calab said:
You might not have done anything for months but you might have crashed or a bush branch caught a wire and tugged on it maybe rain got into it or a pin in a connector got loose and you did not check any of that?

Cheap connectors are the first thing to look at then wiring, pas sensor needs to be a certain distance from sensor and triple check your settings. The new firmware flash might not have pas capability but you can ride with throttle only now.

SuperSl0w said:
No, cables/connectors are fine.
After the controller firmware flash, I am able to ride on throttle only. Pas is completely dead.

My bike is for commuting only. Never crashes, even never fallen. My guess: it's the controller and or the pas sensor..

calab said:

Ok. Problem fixed. I still don't know what exactly the problem was.

-replaced PAS Sensor -> not fixed
-replaced controller -> not fixed
-bought another PAS sensor -> FIXED

It's still a mystery. I don't dare anymore to test my old controller again, Everything works fine now. :lol:

Back