• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Best controller to use with qs 205?

flat tire said:
Are you arguing that lag is fine?

Um no, you are the one doing all of the arguing.
I'm just pointing out how much of a broken record you have become on this board.
You might want to give it a rest.

M

MJSfoto1956 said:
Um no, you are the one doing all of the arguing.
I'm just pointing out how much of a broken record you have become on this board.
You might want to give it a rest.

We were talking about lag and speed-based vs torque based throttles. Did you have something to say about that?

How about APT controllers?
Like this one:

http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/APT%20Programmable%20FOC%20AE96600%2072V%2096V%208kW%2010kw%20PM%20BLDC%20Sinoidal%20Motor%20Driver%20Speed%20controller/332.html

There was not a lot of info, however it seems to be mostly for heavier stuff..

It must be this company?
http://www.apt-il.com/
I don´t see anything about motorcontrollers thogh..

A thred about them:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97089&hilit=apt

Ohbse said:
I run a qs205 on a Mobipus 72200 for over two years now with absolute satisfaction. About 16,000KM of near daily high power commuting.

Ohbse you seem to be very happy with the Mobipus. The ballerat website looks like it is old and doesn’t see much traffic.i looked to see if it had flux weakening but didn’t see anything, maybe I missed it. I am very interested in Mobipus and think I may take the plunge. Any information you could provide would be appreciated. Are they had to set up/configure? I am sure I will need some help and for extra $ they say they will help. My only reservation comes from the general lack of information about this product as it seems not many guys have it.

Yes I am, Samd from Ballarat ebikes is great to deal with, I purchased mine through him and he can assist with product queries.

Yes, the Mobipus supports flux weakening, massively extending the speed range. I run with it disabled as my motor is quite a fast wind anyway being 3.5T. I have run this up to 122km/h on 20s.

The software/setup is not bad, it's much better than anything else I've had hands on experience with. From what I've seen third hand it's a little easier than the ASI software. It's very regularly updated and automatically checks for new versions on startup.

You do need a USB to rs485 adapter to connect it to your PC for programming. I replaced most of the connectors on mine with JST-SM connectors, throttle, brake input, 3 mode switch, RS485, hall sensors. Honestly it's been so long since I've had to touch my setup I wouldn't be a huge assist getting a new build up and running. It's certainly more at the 'enthusiast' level of complexity, but by no means insurmountable. Getting my Sabvoton controllers up and running and programmed was significantly harder.

You're partially right, there is an appearance that there's not a lot of these out there - I suspect there's quite a few in use around the world, but as they just work once configured there's not much call for enthusiasts trading tips on getting them tuned up like the massive Adaptto threads. They also actively dissuaded people from selling direct to end users and honestly I understand why - it's a pain in the butt dealing with end users with god knows what for wiring, unknown quality motors etc. The OEM market is where they targeted the business, that actually says a lot about the product quality - you simply could not have a mass produced EV offering running an Adaptto etc. Too unreliable, too finicky, too easy for end user to balls up the configuration.

Prior to my Mobipus thread being clogged up by muppets I was accused of being a 'shill' for Mobipus - I can assure you I have zero involvement, I just put my extremely satisfied personal experience out there. It bothers me to this day that people recommend antiquated solutions like Kelly or 'Powervelocity' when there are much, much better options available - not through malice, but just ignorance as these are virtually unknown.

Ohbse said:
Yes, the Mobipus supports flux weakening, massively extending the speed range. I run with it disabled as my motor is quite a fast wind anyway being 3.5T. I have run this up to 122km/h on 20s.

What wh/km where u at at 122km/h with flux weakening ?
And what wh/km would you have with no flux weakening but a equivalent higher voltage betterie to reach this speed?

Something that bothers me about the mobipus is the different levels of end user/dealer/factory access.
They seem to be more interested in selling to oem, totally understandible.

But it seems like when they get enogh oem deals they drop the end user market, not even dealers can get in touch with them.
What happens if dealers loose their contracts, and mobipus don´t reply to e-mail?

If I bought a controller, will i still be able to do the settings I want?
And even if that does´nt happen, do I have to pay a dealer to get access to settings in my controller?

The ebike builder who I purchased my qs-205 v1 kit from, included the QSYK7280 controller, good for up to 72v/90 amps. Now I thought that would be too big, but, the controller is bluetooth programmable and can adjust power output on the fly. Currently my controller is programmed for 60% output.

This way, you'll never need a second controller if you choose to upgrade your battery.

I have yet to hook up the kit, so you can take my info with a grain of salt! But, the builder has built dozens of bikes and clearly knows his way around QS motors and controllers. Until I experience a failure with it, I think you should at least look into that option. Oh and the controller cost me $100. :thumb:

MadRhino said:
The QS 205 h50 doesn’t work with square wave controllers ....

are you sure ?

i bought 205V3 50H 6T (high torque) to replace my mxus3000 v3 fried

I 've got a Lyen 18Fet modified

does it work, risk for motor or controller ?

Thx

lionelt said:
MadRhino said:
The QS 205 h50 doesn’t work with square wave controllers ....

are you sure ?

i bought 205V3 50H 6T (high torque) to replace my mxus3000 v3 fried

I 've got a Lyen 18Fet modified

does it work, risk for motor or controller ?

Thx
You still have a chance, if you have the latest series of the Lyen’s controllers. The v1 and v2 don’t work with the QS205h50v3. The v3 does good and it is the last that I have had from Lyen I think. The actual v6 infineon board does very good, somehow hard to find because sellers don’t spec the board version of their controllers.

Back