Bikes that are Compatible with a BBSHD

Wow, you have a Thudbuster and a rear suspension! Is the ride super comfy? How's the chainline when using the largest rear cog with that Mighty Mini?

I have a few other questions about the BBSHD maybe someone can help me with. What is the diameter of the round part that could hit the chainstay, and at its edge, what's its distance from the face of a 68mm bottom bracket shell?

On the Luna Eclipse, what's the distance from the middle of the teeth to the face of the bottom bracket? I'm trying to determine if it will hit my chainstay. I know I can use spacers, but I'm concerned that will worsen my chainline.

WebEsquire said:
2016 Motobecane HAL5 Full Suspension 73mm BB
Luna Cycles Mighty Mini 51v GA Cells
BBSHD from Luna Cycles

file.php

WebEsquire said:
2016 Motobecane HAL5 Full Suspension 73mm BB
Luna Cycles Mighty Mini 51v GA Cells
BBSHD from Luna Cycles

What range do you get with the battery(please also write what style/speed you ride it)?

The frame is similar to my 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper I want to convert, but it a hard task to find a battery that fits.
I think the triangle of the stumpi frame is even smaller. This is not my bike, but I hope mine will look like this soon.(I have the L size)

file.php

Luna added some really exciting 52V battery packs, but I would have to pay shipping to EU, 19% Tax +xx Euro custom fee.
And the only Pack with a mount that could fit is the Shark, but I can not remove the battery as there is no space above the pack

I think I will buy cells from NKON (no tax, inside the EU with a very good reputation, there are so many reviews of perfect cells. The prices are the best I could find)
:mrgreen:
70x GA cells(17,2Ah about 880Wh, 3,29kg) for 290e(600$ luna)
42x 25R-Cells (7,5Ah about 390wh and just 1,9kg for 135e :p (Only the cells, the finished pack will be a little bit heavier).

...and I will build myself two 14S packs without BMS. I found a powerful 14S-charger and a small precise 1S-charger.
The second charger will be used for balancing. Bosch does it the same way. During charging there is no balancing, only after charging if needed.
I could charge the whole pack until 4,0V per cell, then I will set the max. voltage at the 1S charger and charge the first cells then the next and so on...until all 14 are at the same voltage.
I read many times that the cells are so good that nearly no balancing will be needed.

robocam said:
On the Luna Eclipse, what's the distance from the middle of the teeth to the face of the bottom bracket? I'm trying to determine if it will hit my chainstay. I know I can use spacers, but I'm concerned that will worsen my chainline.
After looking closer I'd say 42T will hit the chainstay. Sorry I just realized I'm looking at the wrong bike.

The kona King Kikapu looks like it might be a contender, has anyone had any problems with it before I try ?

I decided the only way to find out was to order it (the Luna Eclipse 42T), and to my extreme pleasure, it fits my 2009 Fuji Thrill LT 2.0 perfectly with no spacers required!

tomjasz said:
robocam said:
After looking closer I'd say 42T will hit the chainstay. Sorry I just realized I'm looking at the wrong bike.

I've just wrapped up a 1998 Trek 8000 SLR build. Old bike gets new life. 72mm bottom bracket, you need the smaller BBSHD.

fetch

So what is compatible with Bafang Max Comfis ?
For those of you wondering about the Bafang Max Comfis mid mount system with a torque sensor. Here are a few details. The system does exist and you can order it apparently directly from China. It has been shipping to OEM for a year or so, and though pop ups on my computer are frequent promoting it, details are sketchy and response from inquiries to Bafang unanswered.

The unit has a special mount similar/the same as used by Bosch and Yamaha. This mount is listed as an 'Accessory' which you would have to weld into a bike frame. Pretty involved in a DF but should be fairly simple on a TT Rover which has a 2" square tube front boom. The details on MOFSETS, parts and controls are non existent, but probably industry standards or what Bafang has been using in their BBxx units.

Servicing/diassembly of the Max Comfis looks a simpler more modular design. Don't know how this compares to Bosch/yamaha and have not been able to find parts breakdowns for those either, but expect they will become available as more units hit the market and DIYers get into it.

Anyhow here is the link I found that does show a breakdown/ assembly even if short on details. Looks like the mid/plastic gear is larger? Anyone find better info?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of3UsjiBvtU

received_10208179991563303.jpeg
Giant xtc Napa 16 inch frame 68mm bb battery just fits but removing could be a problem,

Back