BMS batteries any experience??

samoloh

10 W
Any experience with BMS batteries http://www.bmsbattery.com, they seem to have a 48v 9ah on sale i could parallel 2 of those for 48v 18ah? Also i see the lowest option for discharge rate is 15-30 amps is that gonna burn my 25 amp controller from ebike.ca ==(Upgrade 20A controller for 25A 72V model with IRFB4110 mosfets)?

but it is kinda silly to buy two separate batteries instead of one. of course you have not seen their shipping costs yet either. why did you have to upgrade the controller with 4110s if you are using a 48V battery?

Some people have had good experiances with BMSbattery. Some people have walked away from plane crashes, too. Do you feel lucky? There is always a chance that you have found a great deal.

Your 25 amp controller could be hooked up to a million amp battery and it will be fine. 25 amps is the output limit, and it's self imposed. No matter how hungry the motor gets, the controller will only feed it 25 amps.

Drunkskunk said:
Some people have had good experiances with BMSbattery. Some people have walked away from plane crashes, too. Do you feel lucky? There is always a chance that you have found a great deal.

Your 25 amp controller could be hooked up to a million amp battery and it will be fine. 25 amps is the output limit, and it's self imposed. No matter how hungry the motor gets, the controller will only feed it 25 amps.[/q
Thanks for the insight on the controller, by plane crashes do u mean the batteries explode, or just randomly catches fire lol, also can u recommend any other battery packs?

It appears to be the only 48v battery they are listing for a 22 Amp controller.

I got my cells locally as warranty matters. You need to be able to hold someone responsible if it all does go wrong.

BMSbattery actually say they give no warranty http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49808&p=736398&hilit=bmsbattery+warranty#p736398

So, I got my cells from hobby king and my bms from bmsbattery. Ordering two after reading other threads. One arrived damaged in the post as others had found. No packaging, just chucked in a big box with a 4.5kg motor. I fixed that but both needed modification and I only ever got one working. Which is all I needed, but ffs, how much effort.

They advised me what spokes to use, and they were too short. I did get the right motor though.

Would I want to use them again? not really... They have not spoke since dispatch, and that to was a shambles.

Every vendor gets flamed occasionally. Random events perhaps out there control. It shouldn't be pattern forming though. We shouldn't know exactly what people are going to say happened. Like the email asking for more postage weeks later, while your sat there thinking its due for delivery. (It does tell you that can happen on the site somewhere, but who reads it all?) lol

I bought a battery from BMS Battery . It was a 24V10Ah LiFePO4 Little Frog Battery Pack which mounts to the seat stem. The battery cost $160.00 and postage was $150.00 to Australia. After about 6 months the mounting bracket seemed to be dropping. After I pulled it off the bike I found stress fractures all through the steel from vibration from riding on the road. The cracking was so bad that I had to cut out the steel and replace it. The steel they use is soft and does not have much carbon in it which is why it broke.
I have now had the battery for about 11 months. For the last month or so I have had problems with the battery dying on me before even travelling half the distance it should. It is dying at 25.8 volts when 20 volts is the cut off for the undervoltage protection. This unit is supposed to be good for 2000 charges. I would not have even done 600 charges. I think the battery management system has had it. Despite numerous emails over the last couple of weeks to customer service I have received no reply. If you show interest in purchasing a product from them you will get a response usually within a couple of days. I seem to be getting no customer support at all from them and they offer no warranty on their batteries. I will not deal with BMS Battery again and would not recommend them to anyone. There are other companies who offer a one year warranty and sometimes more. Their postage rates are often a lot cheaper and sometimes free. I would suggest people deal with them instead.

600 charges is not bad from a $160 battery. You'd be lucky to get that from many other batteries, so I wouldn't hold it against BMSB. Nearly all the frog batteries suffer from the mount cracking. It's worse with 36v ones because of the weight. Some OEM ones have extra racing inside.

You battery might be repairable. You have to open it up and measure the cell voltages on the multi-pin connector to the BMS.

communication is horrible.. i inquired about buying more than 25 packs and they could not be bothered to reply to more than one simple email question.... i got lucky and i got my parts in working order but it's hit and miss as others have said... if you can fix it yourself their prices are low, but don't expect support.

Funny you sad that, I just remembered they never answered my mail. I asked the same question on their support chat few days later and it worked fine. The only drawback was that I had to wait to the middle of the night EU-time :shock: . The ordered stuff do arrive few days later (DHL and UPS), if that was a question. I guess they are distributors only and not the normal store with the return policy?

600 charges from a $150.00 battery ?. I would expect that at least from a LiFePO4 battery unless it is a poorly made one with bad cells. Regardless of how good you think the 600 charges is, it is very poor when you consider the battery is rated for over 2000 charges. It also is not such a cheap battery when you consider the $160 postage which makes the battery worth over $300.00 for the 600 charges. T After contacting live chat at BMS battery they say they are sending me a bms board to replace the one in the battery. I asked why they offer no warranty on their product... Rita Chan said they offer 1 year which is not mentioned on their site and certainly not offered to me without much persistence on my part. Also they are only replacing the replacement part. If I look on ebay, I can get a 24volt 20Ah for $300.00 with a listed 1 year warranty and up to 3 years for an extra $42.00 and with free postage. This is a far better deal than what BMS offers. There are also LiFePO4 batteries listed as >500 charges which I can only assume shows the lack of confidence either in their product or quality of their product. I guess it always pays to shop around.

I bought a 48v 16s lifepo4 BMS from them. I played around with adding their inexpensive Anderson connectors and other such accessories into the order until it raised the already high shipping cost. it all showed up. it all worked. If I was looking for an entire system I would buy from a dealer with a better reputation tho.

Back