• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Brake connectors

Butch1

10 mW
Bought a Brainpower 350 watt controller to replace the original, throttle, phase, PAS all hook up fine but my brake cut-outs were a 3-wire connector, ( red, green, black) the new connector is a 2-wire, (Black+white). So I'm assuming the original worked on some sort of hall arrangement?, is it possible to modify the wiring to make it work or they are not compatible?. Don't want to take any chances of burning out the new controller, it's functioning fine besides this, I'd rather go without feature than risk that, thanks in advance.

Butch1 said:
Don't want to take any chances of burning out the new controller, it's functioning fine besides this, I'd rather go without feature than risk that, thanks in advance.

Unlikely that you'll burn anything out, since the two wire is just looking for an open or closed contact. I wouldn't automatically assume that the three wire uses halls. Try checking different combinations of two of the three wires to see if you get continuity when you pull the brake lever. They may be NC for one combination and NO for the another.

Thanks for the swift response, I grabbed my DMM then taped one lever shut and left one open, surprisingly, I saw no continuity between ANY of the 3 wires on either side. F-it, I'm just gonna do without them for now.

amberwolf said:
This may be useful:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104775

OK, I see, just find 5 V somewhere and then they can be adapted. I might just use the existing wiring to hook up a kill switch which would be a simpler solution, thanks again for the help and info, I've been without my bike for 3 weeks now, I'm getting the itch to ride and check out this new controller!.

Back