Bypass LCD display

oded

10 W
got a used controller for my 48v rig.
don't have the display that came with it, but it only showed parameters like speed and voltage. no power button.
from the controller there are 4 wires that goes to the display - red, black, blue & green.
measuring voltage shows 50v between the red/black, red/blue & red/green.
anyone know which wires I need to short to turn on the controller?

Which model of LCD do you have would be crucial information one would think dont you agree?

If I knew life would be so much easier.
I don't know, hence the question.
Received the controller without the display.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

oded said:
got a used controller for my 48v rig.
don't have the display that came with it, but it only showed parameters like speed and voltage. no power button.
from the controller there are 4 wires that goes to the display - red, black, blue & green.
measuring voltage shows 50v between the red/black, red/blue & red/green.
anyone know which wires I need to short to turn on the controller?

So it sounds like based on your description, there was no way to turn off the controller using the display that came with it, correct?

I think you are right, but can't confirm that.

I don't think there are any LCD displays that use 4 wires. They typically use five wires: Battery, Ground, Start, Data In, and Data Out. They send digital data back and forth. These can usually be jumpered to run w/o the display. You tie Battery and the Start lead. But if you jumper to either data lead, they would blow up.

What's the label on your controller? Maybe some of us have something similar. I've got several that are 4 wires.

Well shucks then, I hope you did not pay anything for the used controller.

Made some digging, and it's a simple 790 display unit (not lcd).
So, I guess red to blue is what I need to short.

Back