can my cellman pack be revived?

maydaverave

10 kW
I have a 16s 9ah cylindrical cellman lifepo4 battery thats been left drained for a couple months after the charger bit the dust. Is it toast or worth buying a new charger to see if it can be revived. If so where can I buy a cheap charger with a credit card? Thanks for any helpful replies.

maydaverave said:
I have a 16s 9ah cylindrical cellman lifepo4 battery thats been left drained for a couple months after the charger bit the dust. Is it toast or worth buying a new charger to see if it can be revived. If so where can I buy a cheap charger with a credit card? Thanks for any helpful replies.
Did you try using a multimeter to see what voltage it has? If it's all the way down to 0 it may be dead.. but if its still got some juice I'd bet you could make it a zombie battery pack.

I have revived Sony VT cells that have been drained to 0 volts. What kind of cells do you have?
otherDoc

Without measuring the pack voltage at least, you don't know if the pack is even particularly low. I wouldn't jump the gun. Check the situation properly first before anything, a couple of months is not that long. If the measured pack voltage is not much below 40V, you could just plug in a charger and I am sure it would be fine, if it is much over 40V, you are absolutely worrying about nothing. I'm sure the pack will be A123 26650 cells and they can bounce back very well if allowed to discharge even down to 0V in some cases, So long as they were discharged slowly and not reversed which couldn't occur with the BMS. A 48V SLA charger would do the job temporarily, a charge voltage of 58.4V is correct, but a little higher (up to maybe 59.5V I'd say) or lower will do until you get something suitable.

Thanks
Paul

****Do this before your first post or now (it's retroactive)*****
Please go to the User Control Panel, select Profile, and then enter your city, state/province, and country into the Location field (country minimum) and save it. This will help people help you. Example: Wylie, TX, USA. Without knowing what country you are in it's hard to make any recommendations and you will waste your time and others. Thank you.

maydaverave said:

why not post up a picture of your charger and we can show you how to fix it. did you already test continuity of the fuses? do you have a voltmeter?

i suspect the only thing wrong with the charger is the fuse until you can show otherwise.

Back