Can't get variable regen working on Sabvoton SVMC 72150

fc689

1 mW
Hi, if someone is able to help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to be able to use a thumb throttle to control variable regen on my sabvoton controller. I have wired in the ebrake throttle to the ebrake throttle input on the controller, and enabled slide regen in the MQCON app, but it is not working.

Is there something I need to do with the yellow 0v brake input as well to get variable regen working perhaps?

Thank you

I would like to be able to use a thumb throttle to control variable regen on my sabvoton controller. I have wired in the ebrake throttle to the ebrake throttle input on the controller, and enabled slide regen in the MQCON app, but it is not working.

Is there something I need to do with the yellow 0v brake input as well to get variable regen working perhaps?

Thank you

fc689 said:

Thank you

"Slide recharge " as it is called in the app works as a motor braking in petrol cars. You let go of throttle and the motor slows you down. Once set up, it can not be controlled wrt how strong the brake force is. Anytime you release throttle the same force slows you down... without touching brakes or anything else. Only applying throttle again stops the braking.

Variable regen can not be set in the phone app. Only via PC software and connecting cable.

The variable brake is exclusive to Brake switch, and i THINK it also doesnt work with slide regen but im not 100% sure on that.

You dont have to do anything with the BrakeLow / BrakeHigh if you want variable input.

Hf068d66d538149ba9355a834e79ab1065.png

E-brake throttle = variable input
E-brake switch = on/off full braking force

the above mentioned option is missing from the android app, you can only set this via PC software.

In the settings you can set the PhaseAmps (motor amps) to directly controll regen strength and thus braking force. But you only set the max value, so it is best to then regulate the force via the variable brake throttle.
The brakes are as strong as you set them to be, but the force diminishes with speed. At near-stop the Ebrakes stop working at all, so full-stop is only possible with conventional brakes, regardless of which kind of brake signal input is used.

xfrankie said:
fc689 said:

Thank you

"Slide recharge " as it is called in the app works as a motor braking in petrol cars. You let go of throttle and the motor slows you down. Once set up, it can not be controlled wrt how strong the brake force is. Anytime you release throttle the same force slows you down... without touching brakes or anything else. Only applying throttle again stops the braking.

Variable regen can not be set in the phone app. Only via PC software and connecting cable.

The variable brake is exclusive to Brake switch, and i THINK it also doesnt work with slide regen but im not 100% sure on that.

You dont have to do anything with the BrakeLow / BrakeHigh if you want variable input.

Hf068d66d538149ba9355a834e79ab1065.png

E-brake throttle = variable input
E-brake switch = on/off full braking force

the above mentioned option is missing from the android app, you can only set this via PC software.

In the settings you can set the PhaseAmps (motor amps) to directly controll regen strength and thus braking force. But you only set the max value, so it is best to then regulate the force via the variable brake throttle.
The brakes are as strong as you set them to be, but the force diminishes with speed. At near-stop the Ebrakes stop working at all, so full-stop is only possible with conventional brakes, regardless of which kind of brake signal input is used.

Amazing, I will give it a go later on. Thank you.

In another week or two at most, I will be able to say with more authority the answer to this question. I'm in the middle of a build where the only rear brake with a 72150 controller is designed a regen.

They guy that sold me the motor and Sabvoton controller told me that the regen parameters did not "take" via Bluetooth app and required the PC programming application to update the controller properly. I can't verify that yet. But it's consistent with your problem.

There are also lots of other posts about problems with various things on Sabvotons. These are the ones that mention regen.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=sabvoton+regen&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

BTW, you're more likely to get the help you need by only posting ONE thread for a problem, and not creating multiple copies around the forum. People tend to ignore "impatient" posters that make numerous threads for the same thing. :(

amberwolf said:
There are also lots of other posts about problems with various things on Sabvotons. These are the ones that mention regen.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=sabvoton+regen&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

BTW, you're more likely to get the help you need by only posting ONE thread for a problem, and not creating multiple copies around the forum. People tend to ignore "impatient" posters that make numerous threads for the same thing. :(

Ahh, the generic "search the forum for this problem" and "don't post in multiple places" reply. What thread would be complete without it?

Maybe I wanted to explain my particular set up, and maybe I wanted to post in two places to increase the odds of the right person seeing my post?

Thank you very much for your input, great having people like you keeping these forums in tip top shape :bigthumb:

BlueSeas said:
In another week or two at most, I will be able to say with more authority the answer to this question. I'm in the middle of a build where the only rear brake with a 72150 controller is designed a regen.

They guy that sold me the motor and Sabvoton controller told me that the regen parameters did not "take" via Bluetooth app and required the PC programming application to update the controller properly. I can't verify that yet. But it's consistent with your problem.

Thanks, give me a shout if you get it working. I haven't actually got round to trying the PC programme yet.

fc689 said:
Maybe I wanted to explain my particular set up, and maybe I wanted to post in two places to increase the odds of the right person seeing my post?
It's problematic for a couple of reasons. Many folks monitor the forum at the "Electric Bicycles" level, rather than at the subforum level, so then you see the multiple posts and will need to choose which one the respond to, so the information becomes scattered. For future reference, it makes it even more difficult for people that use the search function when diagnosing similar problems since they will encounter multiple threads to read through.

fc689 said:
BlueSeas said:

Thanks, give me a shout if you get it working. I haven't actually got round to trying the PC programme yet.

I have it working. I believe you must use the PC program, the Bluetooth program doesn't support that option. Further, there are several versions of the PC program, and only 1 version supports configuring analog variable regen. PM me and I will send a link to the right version if you decide to try it out.

Just happened to finish first test ride today, and I'm not getting enough regen. I'm using a linear pull cable throttle connected to the rear brake lever. The brake lever doesn't have enough pull length for maximum braking. I'm getting about 10A of regen and need about 40A.

Back