Controller and Display manufacturers

E-HP

10 GW
I'm working on the section of my NEWB FAQ regarding displays. As far as compatibility is concerned, the general guidance is to purchase a controller and display together to ensure compatibility, and if purchasing separately, purchasing the same brand may provide a better chance of compatibility. What I'm trying to identify are the display only manufacturers, rather than the companies to manufacture both. It seems like both the XLD and LithiumBattery controllers use third party displays, and share some of the same models. I know companies like King Meter make displays for other controller manufacturers, but are there others? In general, I'm trying to beef up the section a little, so any info would be helpful. I'd like to also add some stuff on displays that support open source firmware, and links to the firmware on ES.

Displays: Displays from different brands are not usually compatible. Displays that are the same brand as a controller don't guaranty compatibility, due to firmware variations, so purchasing the controller with the display will provide better assurance of compatibility. Some display manufacturers can support different controller brands, provided they are flashed with compatible firmware.

(work in progress)
Some common displays and associated controller manufacturer (actual compatibility may be dictated by firmware):
SW900, S700, S800, S866, S886 S890, S900 GD06, OMT-M3 - DC MOTO CONTROLLERBYLITHIUMBATTERY
KD21C, KD51C, KD59E, KD716, KD718 - Lishui
S866, S886
, M5, M6T, LH100 - XLD (XunLiDa Electronics) BrainPower
LCD3, LCD4, LCD5, LCD7, LCD8, LCD8H, LCD9R, LCD10, LED880 -
Kunteng

I'd also like to know what the major upstream suppliers for the no-name (or might as well be no-named) chinese labeled, ephemeral products.
the lack of compatibility is kinda ironic considering that there's no real innovation from the sellers, they're just buying off the shelf stuff, slapping it together and adding their label (of course don't bother to use even a computer english translation of ANYTHING).
I feel that in many of the compatibility cases, the reason for disharmony is small operations pushing out poorly thought out stuff- not plagiarizing enough or altering the copied design in goofy ways to make it marginally "theirs" .

but are there others
It might be better to sort it by the used bus system and protocol.
The most common is the UART KM5S protocol these days, I think. Many display manufacturers offer it for their products. KeyDisplay, Kingmeter, Focan, Bigstone, ......
Lishui and JYTCon (in Himiway bikes) often use this protocol.
Bigstone has it's own protocol, too. It is used in the "DAS Kit" series with Lishui controllers on LeonCycle (Leisger) bikes.

Bafang has switched to CAN bus.

regards
stancecoke

Last edited:
Back