Controller or burnt motor?

Clockwork

10 µW
Ive a trike with a 500w front hub, 36v 10ah batery. Hit a bigger than average bump, all pwer lost, get home re attach battery (not 1st time this has happened) power on lights work, hit throttle, and nada, come here read forums rewire all connections, (hardwired long ago) still nothing,
¿ i have a controll box for a 350w motor, if i replace this will it go? How much abuse can a motor take, 30kmp over a train track in the ground, heard a snap, controller? Or motor? Help?

Ive a trike with a 500w front hub, 36v 10ah batery. Hit a bigger than average bump, all pwer lost, get home re attach battery (not 1st time this has happened) power on lights work, hit throttle, and nada, come here read forums rewire all connections, (hardwired long ago) still nothing,
¿ i have a controll box for a 350w motor, if i replace this will it go? How much abuse can a motor take, 30kmp over a train track in the ground, heard a snap, controller? Or motor? Help?
Do you have any more info on the controller? Do you have brake cutoff switches? If so, disconnect them while diagnosing.

Im taking in all your advice i got a multi meter today, no cut off switches, i do have an other control box, but its 350w, ill wait and get the propper box, but this should run it shortly¿ or am i going to hurt more than help. This is my daily driver.
I did hear an electrical kind of pop when i went over the bump,, i also know the whole housing is in disorder, im sorting that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The “electrical pop” you describe could be a capacitor that has blown inside of the controller. It sounds like a frozen pea being shot at an empty can. You can open the controller to verify. You’ll see the shell of the capacitor laying around. You can probably shake the controller and hear it rolling around, unless the shell got lodged somewhere inside.

Back