Controller overheating issue

Despite having a new motor for replacement I didn't had the time to change the wheel/motor. I just kept going with the sensorless controller until yesterday suddenly the motor started vibrating and making a lot of noise while not giving any power. I contacted the shop about it and they told me that there's probably a cable broken. As someone here suspected the heating issues came from the broken cable.

Update:
I changed the motor and now everything is working fine again. The controller is staying cool too.

There's one more thing to mention. After mounting the new motor I switched back to the 30A controller and now the problems start to appear again. I switched back to the 22A controller and everything is fine. I guess the controller is and was the problem. Btw it did not make any difference if I changed the c5 to a lower level on the 30A controller. The heating and cutting off just occurred on any setting.

I want to give a little update. In the meantime I did a lot of testing and build some other bikes. I found that the problem is sine wave controller in a closed box or case are getting really hot and than malfunction. Square wave controller are a lot more resistant to heat or not heating up that much in a closed environment. Since I mount sine wave controllers to the frame they are not getting hot any more.

Back