• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Controller schematics, help!

bikegeek

10 W
Hi,

I have this controller and I don't know what those wires do. The wires that are not connected.

So far I have connected:
- the motor (power + hall)
- power wires
- throttle
- pas sensor

I guess some are from the brake but which? And the others?

Can someone help me? :)

Attachments

• 20160319_154336.jpg
    20160319_154336.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 743
  • 20160319_154343.jpg
    20160319_154343.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 743
Well, your pictures cut-off some of the items, but I'll take a guess.

The big red and blk are the power in wires and the sm. red is the turn on wire. It needs to be connected to the positive directly(controller always on), or thru a switch.

The 5-wire(red, blk, blu, yel and grn) Molex connector are the Hall wires and go to the motor.

The 3 large wires w/ tape are the phase wires and go to the motor.

One of the Blk, red and grn are probably the throttle. Not sure why there are two(Once again, your pic cuts off one of the connectors). The other one might be the PAS.

The two blue wires are probably the cruise control.

Leave the white and grn. alone.

Whether or not the Phase and Hall wires will match colors is hard to say. Usually a poster would check the list of controllers in the fact sheet and ck motor/controller compatability. Or at least, give us the name of the controller and motor that you are trying to use.

You are right. You guessed well all the connected wires.

This controller was from an electric scooter that had a motor with a single sprocket.

I did some measurement today and the blue wires have +5 volts between them. And they go to a plug that splits in two separate cables each one single.

The white one connects to a wire that is green-yellow that goes to multiple plugs. The green one goes to a purple cable that is part of a bigger socket.

Attachments

• 20160310_204033.jpg
    20160310_204033.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 677
Back