Crystalyte NEW HIGH POWER hub motor...TheCrown

Yes I guess I can see where people might think we might be talking about something else :shock:

Basically what it comes down to is getting tested. No one wants to jump on one of these and think they're getting a fun ride only to get that burning feeling shortly after.

Hello Rough Rider,

This one looks a good medium choice motor to fill the gap between the HS series en heavy 5403.

Do you know : where & when one can buy this Crystalyte new " CROWN" motor ??

Greetings from P.K.

i would guess, that in europe you can get the motor from: crystalyte-europe
and in USA from HighPowerCycles...

@Hyena
any news about the testing of TheCrown?

[bI have seen one of these in person and although I am not an expert,two things I noticed off the bat:

1)the wires are much thicker going to motor than 4000 or 3000 series was impressed with that

2) although the body of motor is very wide,the stator does not seem to be much wider than the 3000/4000 series was dissappointed by that[/b]

RoughRider said:
i would guess, that in europe you can get the motor from: crystalyte-europe
and in USA from HighPowerCycles...

@Hyena
any news about the testing of TheCrown?

Ebikes.ca is going to start supplying them. They are replacing the 5403 with The crown motor.

This thread has been dead.... I guess I'll go out with the good news first:
Ebikes.ca is now supplying the crown motor :wink:

normal_CocaineRickJames-300x240.jpg

migueralliart said:
1095$ + ~100$ shipping to the USA

DAMN !

Wait a sec.
I see $795 for the motor, in a nice rim as well.
I believe it is you on the crack, sir. :twisted:

neptronix said:
migueralliart said:
1095$ + ~100$ shipping to the USA

DAMN !

Wait a sec.
I see $795 for the motor, in a nice rim as well.
I believe it is you on the crack, sir. :twisted:

I was referring to the KIT and not the motor hub only.

I see now the price Still we're talking 900$+ dollars shipped man.

Oh okay. Thought you misread :D
Hope they haven't jiggered this thing so that it doesn't run on a regular infineon.. i've never seen a reason to buy a crystalyte controller and get charged up the yin yang for it.

neptronix said:
Hope they haven't jiggered this thing so that it doesn't run on a regular infineon.. i've never seen a reason to buy a crystalyte controller and get charged up the yin yang for it.

Ebikes.ca is selling it with there standard 40amp infineon controller. I don't think they would sell the motor with the controller if the combo didn't work :wink: .

Is the issue of the limited 72 Volts still present or is there a newer version on the market?

Did anyone compare TheCrown with Greyborg Cromotor? Which is the better Motor for very high output/efficiency?

thanks

best wishes

Trackman417 said:
neptronix said:

Ebikes.ca is selling it with there standard 40amp infineon controller. I don't think they would sell the motor with the controller if the combo didn't work :wink: .

40A controller. Now that's a powerful motor. LOL!

John in CR said:
Trackman417 said:

It probably doesn't require vent holes, oil cooling, forced air cooling, garden hose cooling or any other such foolishness. Just sayin'.

Some people appreciate appliance-like reliability. Not everybody wants their bike to be a hobby.

Chalo said:
John in CR said:
Trackman417 said:

It probably doesn't require vent holes, oil cooling, forced air cooling, garden hose cooling or any other such foolishness. Just sayin'.

Some people appreciate appliance-like reliability. Not everybody wants their bike to be a hobby.

remember your slain uncle's dying words:

"with great power comes a great deal of plumbing."

The Crown 100 and 80 motors are up on the simulator now :D
I bet there were some people that were dying to check out the thermal characteristics of these motors.

Hyena said:
I think the problem you're referring to was with the H35s. Not so much an erection problem but I think they got a bit excited and released their product too soon. Most are aware of chafing issues around the shaft and this led to some very short rides.

That's what is commonly referred to as premature ejaculation :D

I was under the impression that the TC80 would do 80km/h @ 72v 50amps.

The simulator shows 58km/h in a 26" wheel?

Attachments

• TC80.JPG
    TC80.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,534
Back