CYC X1 Gen 2 5000W

Can anyone comment on the Motor shaft diameter? The one that drives the sungear inside the planetary gearbox.

Also what is the size of the key that fits into the motor shaft/sun gear?

How much motor shaft sticks out from the motor?

Yes I was getting really frustrated yesterday has had a hard time getting my fingers in Jon plaza in replaced the wire harness as I couldn't get the crank arms off the bottom bracket with my parks tool ? But after yesterday and a couple more hours today I was able to plug and unplug those silly little connectors.I've been a lot easier if it was during the installation the first time I.
now I got the back door app to work it acknowledge my controller but it gives me the message
Error 24H ?
What does that mean ?

Ok switched the connectors as they are interchangeable. If interchangeable why not color code the wires that go together this was a terrible mistake on Jon part. So it still has error 24h ?
What does 24h mean ?
How long can this take ? As Jon will reply but notnseer the error 24h question ? The same problem with email it takes a day and they only answer half the question.
Nightmare.

I've just recieved a BAC 855 and my Android phone cannot pair with the built in bluetooth module. What is this about a bluetooth harness? If the bluetooth module supposed to be built into the controller, why the need for a harness?

wakko said:
I've just recieved a BAC 855 and my Android phone cannot pair with the built in bluetooth module. What is this about a bluetooth harness? If the bluetooth module supposed to be built into the controller, why the need for a harness?

I think you should just write them and ask. BAC 855 should connect via bluetooth, with the backdoor app (at least for android), when the system is powered. Good thing with this motor is that even tho it isn't the easiest motor to setup and maintenance, the CYC people offer absolutely fantastic customer service :]

Can the BAC 855 controller supply over 65A? I'm just making a new battery for the X1 and not sure if should oversize the battery in hopes of getting some extra amps & torque.

The nominal curent is 70A with peaks up to 90A. I've sorted out my bluetooth issues, a permissions issue in Android v10 prevent the app from connecting to the bluetooth in the phone. I'm using a tablet instead running Android v7.1, it also works on v5.1 so I'm pretty sure it's just because the permissions system was changed in v10.

Bac855 would catch on fire at 90a battery. Please make the distinction so you don't give people the wrong impression.

A yuyangking $70 square wave 80a controller is 210 phase amps 80a battery.
Bac2000 is 223 phase amps 100a+ battery.
Bac855 is 90 phase amps 40-45a battery.

It is in a different leauge than the others. It is more than 2 times weaker than a 70-90a battery peak controller.

Tommm said:
Bac855 would catch on fire at 90a battery. Please make the distinction so you don't give people the wrong impression.

A yuyangking $70 square wave 80a controller is 210 phase amps 80a battery.
Bac2000 is 223 phase amps 100a+ battery.
Bac855 is 90 phase amps 40-45a battery.

It is in a different leauge than the others. It is more than 2 times weaker than a 70-90a battery peak controller.

I don't think a 90A battery would make BAC855 catch fire, unless you really screw up the settings.

I'm running BAC855 with a battery that is rated 150A continuous (72V). I've set up overcurrent & SCC protection in BMS and in addition installed a 100A circuit breaker to the battery side just incase, but so far nothing has tripped.

The BAC855 datasheet also states the following: "Controller linearly reduces maximum current limit with an internal heatsink
temperature from 85°C to 95°C, complete cutoff occurs above 95°C". So to cause fire you would have to have a unprotected battery, have wrong settings in the controller and the controller thermal protection would have to fail. [https://www.acceleratedsystems.com/media/xojffkdl/controller-lp-55-series-spec-asi-v1-0-3pg.pdf]

Reinstalled the motor to another bike.

After the reinstall the cranks spin bit stiff, any idea what could have went wrong?

I'm in the process of buying the gen 2 cyc x1 pro and installing it on a Giant Fathom 29" hardtail mountain bike.

With the BAC2000 running at 72v, is it realistic to try and pull 250 Nm of torque and 5kw of power through the standard 11 speed bike cassette and drive train?

I'm worried that this will snap chains and bend derailleurs and brackets.

Has anyone experienced this type of setup? If so what is your advice?

I can downgrade the cassette to an 8speed and use a wider chain. Would this work ?

Back