CYC X1 Stealth (NEW)

napaharp said:
Electrify Bike Co refunded my money today. Very fast and I have no hard feelings towards this company. If they ever get the drives in stock, I am still interested in purchasing one.

I sure hope CYC is not circling the drain. Again, they are the only company that is making a drive that fits my bottom bracket, so I hope not. I do not know how they are making money when they are not delivering any product. Only time will tell.

Sucks that you didn't have a good experience with this. Hope you find something else.

I've finally swapped the motor to my other frame. Man, that little Stealth has really good power. Pretty torquey once the assistance kicks in. But it doesn't kick in until after maybe a full turn of the cranks. I previously had a Haibike with a Bosch gen 3 motor, which provided power almost immediately. The throttle is nice too, especially for when I get tired or lazy.

But I'm have trouble with the chain dropping on continuous bumpy roads. I replaced the stock chainring with a narrow-wide one, but it wasn't much better. Looks like I'm an isolated case. I haven't heard of anyone with a Stealth that has the same problem. Except for the chain drop, I'm happy with the Stealth.

Stealth 13.jpgStealth 12.jpgStealth 11.jpgStealth 10.jpgStealth 6.jpg

VinceMTB said:
But I'm have trouble with the chain dropping on continuous bumpy roads. I replaced the stock chainring with a narrow-wide one, but it wasn't much better. Looks like I'm an isolated case. I haven't heard of anyone with a Stealth that has the same problem. Except for the chain drop, I'm happy with the Stealth.

Nice set up :thumb:

Maybe get a chain guide to prevent the chain dropping? https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000723327519.html

SlowCo said:
VinceMTB said:

Nice set up :thumb:

Maybe get a chain guide to prevent the chain dropping? https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000723327519.html

Thank you! Looks like it's just what I need.

napaharp said:
Thanks for the positive feed back on waiting a little longer for this drive. Unfortunately, due to the bottom bracket configuration of my full suspension mountain bike this is the only drive on the market that will work on my bike without major modifications. So, it looks like I need to wait a little longer.
The reason I question the integrity of this seller is due to getting incorrect information about when this product is going to ship. I am sure they are in communication with their distributor and get updates that are not being passed on to the individuals that have ordered this product, or the distributor is giving them incorrect information. I understand there are issues with the supply chain right now; however, I have ordered several items from China of the past 6 months that were delivered in at the most two weeks’ time. What is going to happen if I need parts for this drive in the future. Is my bike going to be down for 6 months while I wait for a replacement part for this drive?
Example: Ordered $2K worth of components early October 2021. Website states parts will ship in 4 to 6 weeks, which it still states that today. I emailed them at the end of November “It has been over 6 weeks any updates on the drive”. A week later “We are sorry there is a problem with the BAC855 controllers due to a recall – We expect this to be handled by the end of December”. I sent another email at the end of December “What is the status of this order? – Did not get a reply until Jan 13th – “The controllers will begin shipping to us next week”. I emailed them again the end of Jan – What is the status? – it is now 15 weeks from my order date – Their Reply “We have been promised that all of the Stealth motors will ship by the end of January. We will ship it to yours to you as soon as we receive it, and that should be the second week in February at the latest.” Emailed them again Feb 14th – Stealth’s arrived today - I’ll check on Pro’s tomorrow. No reply from them after this.
Now there is a possibility that Electrify Bike co is in the same boat about getting incorrect information from CYC but then that puts the spotlight on CYC. Are they a dependable company? If the company really cares about its customers and there is an issue on deliveries, they can have the items air freight to us and eat the cost. A good company would do that to keep their reputation. I am not seeing that here.

There is a huge backlog (3 months) on ocean freight shipping. Due to the scam-demic, many National Postal outlets have stopped shipping via airmail to many countries so surface shipping can be the only option. Hong Kong is an example where the Postal Office is not shipping airmail to many countries. China's Postal service is shipping airmail to more countries which explains why goods bought on Aliexpress are arriving rather quick in comparison. Private couriers (Fed Ex, DHL, UPS etc..) have raised their rates substantially and no longer offer ALL shipping options. Also, shipping to some countries, economy shipping is not available or there are weight and size restriction so with only express shipping available, this increases costs dramatically.

There is a huge supply chain backlog and since no company makes their products 100% in house, any disruptions are going to effect everyone which explains the terrible ETA for products.

Anyway, be patient.....if you can't wait then just get something else. Electrify Bike Co. and CYC et all are a business and want to make sales. No one is intentionally trying to screw over a potential customer.

Well I finally got mine running. It does make some noise but not as much as I would have thought. Not enough power as it is I guess I need the stupid APP to get it set up. I have no user name or password for it yet. Guess I will have to wait another 6 months.

Does anyone have controller settings that they've found work well?
We haven't quite found the sweet spot yet for pedal assist, probably 80% happy with it.
Cheers!

I just refreshed the CYC website and the lead time posted has dropped from 10 weeks to 4-6.

Based on the last few posts it looks like their supply chain might be unclogging?

I'm in the market for a new middrive to replace my aging BBS02. Is the price difference between this and a BBSHD worth it?

DavidD said:
I just refreshed the CYC website and the lead time posted has dropped from 10 weeks to 4-6.

Based on the last few posts it looks like their supply chain might be unclogging?

I'm in the market for a new middrive to replace my aging BBS02. Is the price difference between this and a BBSHD worth it?
I don't have a BBSHD but I tell you some bad points (may be minor to most people) of it. But overall, I still like it so far.
The display time/clock need to be set again after powering off your bike.
The range shown on the display cannot be set to zero for you to start a new trip.
There is no cruise control functions.
Hope they will fix/add it in there future revisions.

tmho said:
DavidD said:

I don't have a BBSHD but I tell you some bad points (may be minor to most people) of it. But overall, I still like it so far.
The range shown on the display cannot be set to zero for you to start a new trip.

As long as the display includes a speedometer and I can configure it to MPH those are minor issues to me.

How's the noise and how smooth is the power delivery? Do you use the included throttle?

DavidD said:
tmho said:
DavidD said:

As long as the display includes a speedometer and I can configure it to MPH those are minor issues to me.

How's the noise and how smooth is the power delivery? Do you use the included throttle?
The noise is acceptable to me and the power delivery is smooth. Since it is still cold out there, I have not tested it thoroughly especially at high speed. Yes, I use the included throttle.

tmho said:
DavidD said:

Hope they will fix/add it in their future revisions.

I did find a way to make the X1 Stealth motor engage instantly to pedaling with torque sensing. In pedal assist>pedal sensor configuration> set pedal sensor type to axle torque instead of single hall torque(LDS). Unfortunately it caused the motor to run at low speed when coasting balanced between the pedals with my left foot forward. I couldn't fid a way to program it out.

That's interesting. I have a similar issue with my X1 pro. There is just a bit of delay in engaging the motor drive as I start to pedal. This is not really a problem on the road but on technical singletrack it is hard to get the timing right on rocks and other obstacles. I'll have to check this setting sometime and see what it does... or it already may be set to axle torque, and I still have a delay.

singletrackmind said:
I did find a way to make the X1 Stealth motor engage instantly to pedaling with torque sensing. In pedal assist>pedal sensor configuration> set pedal sensor type to axle torque instead of single hall torque(LDS). Unfortunately it caused the motor to run at low speed when coasting balanced between the pedals with my left foot forward. I couldn't fid a way to program it out.

We had a bit of a result with changing settings this morning, and it worked well for both pro and stealth. The only other thing we've changed is that we use 2 magnets on the rear wheel.

In pedal assist, pedal sensor configuration...
Pedal speed map end to 80rpm (cadence)

And on assist level configuration in modes and levels....
Assist gain 1 to 0.2pu

It gave 250watts on lvl 1 race mode and rode really well. You had to put plenty of effort in, but if you needed extra power it was there with a couple of level ups.

This is using full susser mountain bikes.

One problem we still have is that the race and Street mode settings don't seem to work for us. You can change between them, but power didn't seem to change regardless of how you programme the controller. No idea why, and more of a niggle than a problem.

What voltage, battery size and mirage is everyone getting? Trying to decide how to set one up. I will be putting it in a full suspension mountain bike. 20 miles is probably top I need and want it to ride like an off the shelf one, orbea rise.

marjoriefinnigan said:
We had a bit of a result with changing settings this morning, and it worked well for both pro and stealth. The only other thing we've changed is that we use 2 magnets on the rear wheel.

In pedal assist, pedal sensor configuration...
Pedal speed map end to 80rpm (cadence)

And on assist level configuration in modes and levels....
Assist gain 1 to 0.2pu

It gave 250watts on lvl 1 race mode and rode really well. You had to put plenty of effort in, but if you needed extra power it was there with a couple of level ups.

This is using full susser mountain bikes.

One problem we still have is that the race and Street mode settings don't seem to work for us. You can change between them, but power didn't seem to change regardless of how you programme the controller. No idea why, and more of a niggle than a problem.

Are you changing modes via the app? Or display?

Think we worked it out via the cyc owners Facebook group. You can't change street/race on the fly like you can with an eggrider, you have to change it, then restart. Not as convenient but it works.

marjoriefinnigan said:
Think we worked it out via the cyc owners Facebook group. You can't change street/race on the fly like you can with an eggrider, you have to change it, then restart. Not as convenient but it works.
That’s what I was going to tell you. Glad you got it going.

Back