Cycle analyst-can't get my throttle smooth?

I upgraded my controller so now I have quite a bit more power. It is a cheap square wave controller and it's incredibly twitchy without the cycle analyst. Even so, I'm trying to use it with the cycle analyst in torque mode but no matter how low I set the gain, it still oscillates and doesn't feel smooth. I know I could use a slow throttle ramp up rate, but I also like the feeling of very instant acceleration when I want it. Any tips on smoothing it out?

If you are using "current throttle" you have to set the maximum current to the limit of your controller or slightly above (in "power settings").

phil o' dendron said:
If you are using "current throttle" you have to set the maximum current to the limit of your controller or slightly above (in "power settings").

Well I have the current limit set to 65 amps. My controller can output 80 but my battery can't handle it so I'm using the ca to limit it. Would that be an issue?

I don't think so, but I am not an expert.
I got the same behaviour you described when I first tried the current throttle, but forgot to reduce the max current.
Instead of that I turned down the Again parameter to control acceleration, with the result of oscillation.

It took some iterations until the setup on my scooter was working properly, but now it is nice.

Try to search in the long "CA V3" thread for a similar setup like your application.
Mine won't help much, 100kg scooter with a 13" hub motor, ZLMotor 120V 140A controller, Again is 350, throttle out up rate 6V/s, "hi power" mode in CA.

Back