cyclone 650/900 watt kit install

barneys34

10 mW
a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying a cyclone 650 watt kit and planning on running it on 24 volt dont just buy the 500 watt kit with built in speed controller .i run my cyclone kit with a high power nimh 36 volt battery now and it goes well around 33 or 34 mph on level ground with no pedaling with the 24 volt it would only do 23 mph the same as my 500 watt kit i love the way the motor now revs allot more with the extra volts this means less gear changing .so far the speed controller has been fine at 36 volts

Sorry I dont undestand. Do you mean using 36v on the cyclone 500w 24v motor with internal controller? :?:

no u can not use 36 volts on the 500 watt as the speed controller will let the smoke out max volts for 500 watt kit is 30 volts i use 36 volts on my new cyclone 650 watt kit with the external speed controlleri have done over 40 miles so far and its running well i use it with 12x 12 v vapex nimh hobby packs 3s 4p giving me 36 volts with 14.8 amp hours i the battery can provide up to 100 amps in this arrangement but my cyclone never needs any more than 40 amps so it very happy and does not heat up i am having a problem charging the battery with my heinzman charger as its not shutting down when the pack is fully charged

barneys34 said:
No you can not use 36 volts on the 500 watt as the speed controller will let the smoke out. Max volts for 500 watt kit is 30 volts.

I use 36 volts on my new cyclone 650 watt kit with the external speed controller. I have done over 40 miles so far and its running well--I use it with 12x 12 v vapex nimh hobby packs, 3s 4p, giving me 36 volts with 14.8 amp hours.

The battery can provide up to 100 amps in this arrangement, but my cyclone never needs any more than 40 amps, so it's very happy and does not heat up.

I am having a problem charging the battery with my heinzman charger as it's not shutting down when the pack is fully charged.

I couldn't read your post so I fixed it. I assume you are posting from a cell phone numerical keypad and don't have access to punctuation keys.

Back