Dangerous MKEPA Li-ion Battery Pack

For the 3rd time now I had no idea your fb friend was a wife as her last name is not the same as yours (begins with either a Q or G as i best remember). She had posted what i considered an interesting landscape photo of the limestone bluffs along the Mississippi that attracted my eye. My career in photojournalism, landscape photography and a photography instructor (vocational high school, 2-yr technical college, adult extension classes). At the time my PM mentioning your fb friends landscape photo and professional drone youtube of your beautiful city resulted in a PM from you saying it "made my day".

It was only several days later that you decided to spin a mistruth and post on an ES thread (with name calling) that i had taken a picture of your wife. I never made a copy as i already have more beautiful photos than i need to or care to sell or available wall space to display. Also as previously mentioned i had no interest in ever returning to your fb page being you are so hyper. If you don't want others to know your full name why didn't you just use tomjasz when posting three times in that "ElectricBike-Blog.com" article instead of using your real first and last name.

Tom you are a better person than to continue with posts that grossly misrepresent my PM. It's as if the real axe you're grinding is because FWIW it's AOK to buy a UPP battery for casual riding enjoyment rather than spend twice as much or more for a EM3ev battery when raw performance riding is not what turns my crank. My two UPPs serve me well. One has over 350 cycles with good capacity still remaining. My other two (18650 experimental and 21700 salvaged) serve a useful purpose for my casual ebiking requirement. Yes both of my UPPs have cells glued together to save space with vibration surrounding protection. Granted i agree with you that gluing cells in a tight honeycomb arrangement is not as you say "acceptable" for high performance packs fabricated by EM3ev or Grin Technologies.

Troll. Creepy frocking troll. Your PMs and your public posts are very different. Nice try though… Just when I think you’re for real you shit your shorts making a stench and then denying the facts while everyone is stifled by the stench. You didn’t “ run across “ anything by your own admission in a PM. P as in Private. Private as in nunyer for any other readers. Jeebus, talk about uncouth…

Your flamming remarks (about PMs) have no place in these Endless Sphere threads. Airing your grievance about our PM exchange is a gross misrepresentaton by you. Hoping you are enjoying your new mid-drive adult electric trike of your design.

Does your obvious flamming remarks in this "Mkepa blue wrap" thread have anything to do with my use of two UPP packs for my adult electric trike? My UPP batteries are metal flat 10s5p slide-in batteries that serve me well.

For my conservative/casual use voltage sag/lag is of little concern for my application. If I was more interested in 2-wheel raw performance and continuous speeds of 20-25mph then i would purchase a suitable battery from Grin Technologies or EM3ev ... :bigthumb:

Troll. Creepy frocking troll. Your PMs and your public posts are very different.
Continuing with your flamming hate speech is beginning to border on trolling. Defending myself against your opinion is not trolling. If what you say is true i would be the first to apologize, but for some reason you have an axe to grind. If you didn't want anymore fb friends you shouldn't have listed your first and last name on another popular ebike forum.

We both may still agree (at least i do) with your following 2016 post. It was here where i first saw your full name (which you've since deleted as well as this post) ...

"I dare anyone to go to ES and start ranting about Cellman’s (Paul at EM3ev) glued packs. Post the link, I’ll watch. NOW if you’re Karl, or Bruno, or anyone of the power users riding hard and putting it up wet with performance cells, and drawing maximum amps for most of your ride, pay attention and get those air gaps. But if you’re a majority of the casual riders, buy that quality cell, glued pack, and let the hot dogs sweat the heat." ...

We both agree (at least i do) that buying a cheap AliXpress blue shrink wrapped Mkepa (also Kepah) overrated Ah battery is a poor investment (waste of money, IMO).

Enjoy your customized adult mid-drive etrike and move on putting the past behind.

Warned for stalking (among other things).
Troll. Creepy frocking troll. Your PMs and your public posts are very different.
Continuing with your flamming hate speech is beginning to border on trolling. Defending myself against your mistaken opinion (as previously explained) is not trolling. If what you say was really true i would be the first to apologize so we could smoke my peace pipe from Myron "Butch" Taylor. Yankton Sioux, Pipestone, MN.
We both may [still] agree in part (at least i do) with your following 2016 knowledgeable well expressed ... :bigthumb:

"I dare anyone to go to ES and start ranting about Cellman’s (Paul at EM3ev) glued packs. Post the link, I’ll watch. NOW if you’re Karl, or Bruno, or anyone of the power users riding hard and putting it up wet with performance cells, and drawing maximum amps for most of your ride, pay attention and get those air gaps. But if you’re a majority of the casual riders, buy that quality cell, glued pack, and let the hot dogs sweat the heat." ...

We both agree (at least i do) that buying a cheap AliXpress blue shrink wrapped Mkepa (or Kepah) overrated Ah battery is a poor investment (waste of money, IMO).

Enjoy your customized speedy mid-drive 3-wheeler. Let's move on putting any misunderstanding and harsh wordst behind.us ... :)

I disassembled my 10S4P MKEPA Li-ion battery pack and found out that it is unsafe as the individual cells are directly glued together without the use of additional plastic spacers. This poses a considerable risk of short circuits. This vulnerability arises from the potential wearing down of the thin plastic film that encloses the cells, especially during vibrations experienced while driving.
Short circuit is dangerous and will cause fire or explosion.
Please give your opinion on this issue..
See my article HERE

Back