D's RC Drive Kona DC1

knoxie said:
Looking forward to meeting you Miles! dont even know what you look like! :mrgreen: see you tomorrow :D

Think Sean Connery meets Rodger Moore ;-P

KiM

heheehe, i hadn't updated as i'll be picking my bike up today in bits lol, just assembly required but i have so much on at home at the mo i probably wont have it built for a week or so still.
Mrs deec is 4 months pregnant :shock: so we are renovating the house top to bottom before the screaming begins, and then the baby will be here.
Now stop browsing Miles and get ready, ill be over in a bit :mrgreen:
will take some pics of the guys today and get them uploaded later, also will get some shots of Steves current projects whilst we are there, nice day for a trip to the coast!!!

D

4 Months preggers! Damn man, now you done it! bEst start working on a bike for Jnior:D

See's you all soon..

Very nice day, great to see you all again and meet Miles in person (he really does look just like Connery, though with more muscles). Closest thing to a day off I've had in ages!

Jozz

Hi mate,

Thanks for hosting again, first day off you've had in months but having us down to talk shop anyway was very generous, nice relaxing day just chewing the fat with all, nice to finally get to meet Miles.
Also welcome to the fold, Richie, once your setup it would be great to have a UK ride - those hills near rettingdean? look great, i bet the views to sea are awesome up there?
Will post up progress of the bike as i go, Knoxie, may need that tutorial vid file ;)
photos are pub lunch view and then outside steves place.Jozz ,Knoxie and Miles, in that order, original prilly jozzbike in the foreground, still the best electric i've ridden :mrgreen:

D

Attachments

• IMG_0331 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0331 (Small).JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 3,311
  • IMG_0330 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0330 (Small).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 3,311
:mrgreen: 8)

Yes great to meet up with all you lot today!! and what a nice day for it as well? great weather!! I could have stayed for hours more to be honest it was great to catch up and jozzer was a great host with so many ev related stories to tell you could honestly write a book! what a legend!

My trusty Xt600 did the 250 mile round trip without a glitch, 2 stops to fill her up though :? ahh cant wait for the 300 mile round trip capable electric motorbike, cmon Jozz get your thinking cap on! ha ha.

Great to catch up with Miles and Richie from the forum who only lives just down the road (you are so lucky Richie Steve is a top bloke and will sort you out with what you need for sure) :mrgreen:

Got some instructional video for Deec to upload and a few snaps! no excuses now Deec the baby isnt here yet, knock the corporate golf day on the head :p im only going to play if I can drive jozzers golf buggy :lol:

Attachments

• small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3,289
  • small6.jpg
    small6.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3,299
  • small7.jpg
    small7.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,289
  • small8.jpg
    small8.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3,289
  • small11.jpg
    small11.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3,299
  • small13.jpg
    small13.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,299
  • small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3,286
Sounds like you had a great day chaps. It's good to see the photos and put faces to names. But where's the pic with Miss Moneypenny? :)

The Prilly looks great in black, but I thought she was sold long ago?

bump :) great day for sure and a mean burger was had at the sea front restaurant as well :p Jozz HQ is an ev nerds dream dwelling there is no doubt about it, ha ha Oh and the eprilla was sold a few years back but Jozzer brought it back off the guy, filled it with Turnigy packs and is loving it all over again.

He had some interesting projects on the go too, an electric soft top mazda and loads of other stuff, the BMS was neat as well and we all thought Luke had toys to play with ha ha he has dont get me wrong but so does Jozzer :mrgreen:

Must meet up again soon guys got to have an ebike gathering this summer, get those batts on the bike Deec, Just uploading your instructional video from Steve :mrgreen:

agni baby :mrgreen:
just kidding Y, hs 3540 with 12 fet lyen, should be good for at least 20mph :wink:

D

Yeah it was really cool to meet you guys, shame I only turned up at the end of the day but better late than never I guess.

D how’s the bike going? Have you put it all together yet? if you have it would be great to see some vids, also do you fancy posting a breakdown of your battery pack / charging solution I know you showed me a lot of it on the day but being at Jozz HQ for the first time it was all a bit too much for me to take in.

I'm back on the ebike now that my little topgear project has gone away :D :cry: I've been fiddling with some of Jozzer’s dead lipos trying to swap out the dead cells and get the packs working again. its alot more fiddly than i thought it would be but should be worth the effort. I've also made some axle clamps that i'm pretty happy with and hopefully tomorrow I’ll be taking an angle grinder to my swing arm 8)

Hi Rich,

i havent done a stroke lol.
ive up to my neck in DIY and have bitten off more than i can chew by stripping too many rooms and not getting any completed yet, to be honest i'll be struggling to get a dry ride at this rate (not to worry wproofing is in the air).
i'll be sure to sure you the battery setup, i need kendrick to get the lvc boards to steve, then steve will post all i need to connect up, dont worry about all the info,i didn't take it in either :lol:
Knoxie posted up a video of Steve's guide soi'll find the link for that, it will save you time if your waiting for me to connect up, that said i'll be done in a few weeks and i should have the gear then, i'll be riding by end of Aug for sure.

D

Ypedal said:
... dont' make me fly out there. :lol:

I feel this will be the only way Deecanio will be riding by August....2012 :p

How many years has this thread been active now? we have less than 2 minutes of the bike actually turning a wheel under its own steam
and even then Deec wasn't in control of it LoL...dont worry Deec i won't post "That" vid again mate :: looks inocent as he whistles a tune ::

[youtube]6H7HkjcEvBs[/youtube]

^^^oops...it just, it just uhm it just happened Deec :shock: it wasn't me honest :-| ...uhm... it was YPedal MaN!!! :lol: yes thats it, he edited my post with his moderator powers
trying to get me in trouble :mrgreen: :p :lol:

KiM

Hi Deecs really looking forward to comparing notes ,my cyclone stinky is same age,Nothing like last minute DIY tho.I remember deciding about a week before my son was born that we needed a downstairs loo,I ended up working all hours when i should have been making the most of getting a full nights sleep !!! :!: :p

Back