D's RC Drive Kona DC1

AussieJester said:
Even if you could get the wires off Luke, how do you suggest a cap be soldered to the negative and positive on the pcb where the '+' & '-' wires connect, seeing they are a good inch and a half apart, the legs of the caps would need to be extended to even reach. My first attempt as you know was to solder them directly to the top of the input leads resulted in a popping the legs hence my use of the 3 caps on a piece of pcb board which as we know was unsuccessful at ridding the high ripple. Its simply physically impossible to attach where you suggest Luke without lengthing the caps legs which defeats the purpose doesn't it?...

KiM

It would still be the shortest path to the FETs (even if you had to lengthen a leg). If you have space for it, fitting some substantial caps in there would be a huge help, and/or ripple eliminator.

see that cut out in my plastic cover? i was going to put the legs through it and solder on direct,they do rach just fine with the standard leg length and would have left both caps on top, but, i decided against it as i knew it wouldn't solder well and i was more likely to desolder whats there rather than get the caps on,Like luke sais and iirc Knoxie too, lead free solder sucks balls.
Where we have them on the wires is close enough for me, besides i totally dont get that last bit Luke, if you lengthen the legs you may as well solder to the wires no? :oops:
Anyway cap placement aside LOL, Gary, i get it now sorry, so to totally leave no misunderstanding:

i need to run a 1k resistor on the brown wire, once that tests ok, i connect the + on the lvc to the same wire, after the resistor.
so,which colour wire do i need to connect - on the lvc to? i dont think anyone said? :lol:
got to go to bed, nightshift catching up zzzzz

thanks all,

D

If you check page 84 of my cruiser worklog Deec you can see i did exactly as luke is suggesting but not with one cap, i used to intertwined the legs together too, remeber what happened?

KiM

deecanio said:
i need to run a 1k resistor on the brown wire, once that tests ok, i connect the + on the lvc to the same wire, after the resistor.
so,which colour wire do i need to connect - on the lvc to? i dont think anyone said? :lol:
got to go to bed, nightshift catching up zzzzz

thanks all,

D

The - wire from the LVC board goes to the black wire on the Magura.

excellent, thank you Richard.

Anyone near Texas ???

http://www.iclassifieds.com/forsale/sporting-bikes/602085245/mongoose-cx450-electric-bike.html

really want to pick one of these up at some point, $60??? its a steal!!!
wonder how much shipping to the uk would be, anyone know?

D

D,
I got a sister in law down in dallas. You want I should see if we can snag it? (shipping may be a problem) but i could allways use an odd bike in the garage....

yes please thud :)

I have been after one of these for a while, never see one for sale in the uk.
Can you snag it for me for $60 and we'll see what the shipping is after - i cant recall the weight but i know they're not light, anyone know the weight?
I'll pp you the $60 and we'll work something out if cost of shipping is prohibitive?
Thanks thud, you da man 8)

D

Is this what you are looking for D? This conversion seems very cheap and the guy says it wheelies at will and goes 26 mph!

http://www.evalbum.com/1363

1363a.jpg

Will D go Lipo? :p

Hi etard,

thats Denise eckhearts "goose", she was selling it a while back but i never persued it as it was too motocross looking for me, i plan to strip my goose to the bone and then rebuild using the standard 20's, frame and swingarm, no firm plans yet but if thud can pick it up cheap and i can afford the shipping i'll give it a bash, i'd be looking to swap that puny motor for an astro and may well use my A123's, no lipo for the goose, that'll come with my next mtb build :wink: which means the kona will return to my pedal bike, as i say no firm plans just wanted to have a play with a mongoose for a while, may even end up as the wifes bike ;)

D

there was one of these on ebay in the UK last week it was in Liverpool but was buyer collect only, have a look under electric bike and select the UK in the options it may still be there?

Hi Deecanio,

I didn't I have the dimension of your motor Astro motor but I think that it will be fit nicely in this mongoose swing arm and you can use every 20" rims for it, also 16" motorcycle or motocross tire will fit but needs larger rims.

The section battery is a bit tiny but you can stretch the frame to meet you needs, like I did before. I still have my YZ seat for this ebike with the little fender and if you are interested I will ask 10 $ + shipping.

It will be a fun and light ebike with an Astro cool project, good day!
Black Arrow

Sorry D,
looks like that bike got snagged off CL already, cant find a cx450 in the area out. (or anywhere for that matter)

:( not to worry thud and thank you for trying, so much for his if its sold i'll remove the ads ;)
cant find the one in Liverpool knoxie but was shocked to see....................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electricmoto-Blade-45mph-electric-dirt-bike-motorbike-/270653929587?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3f043b3873
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electricross-Zero-Drift-45mph-electric-bike-motorcycle-/270653933774?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3f043b48ce
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-Oset-Kids-Electric-Trials-Bikes-/130443173234?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e5f04dd72

sure i'll get a goose at some point, indeed blackarrow they make a fine conversion project!!

D

Whats odd the same seller has got a blade and a drift?

That blade is very tempting, if you could get it cheap enough and pack it with Lipo you are talking 8) however I know of a couple of people that have blades and normal e-bikes and they go back to riding their normal e-bikes so they cant be all that great, still its a nice ride tempted by the blade Deec?

Knoxie

ermmm, not a bad price mate, but i wouldn't be able to ride it anywhere tbh, i'll keep an eye on it ;)
i must admit i like the ebike setup better, personally i need pedal power and straight up power, the blade and drift are ok and i'd have one but the runtimes are shite, lipo needed for sure, tbh i'd probably take a bomber over either, mind you my goose will be better than the bomber ;) one day i'll find one mate ;)

D

D,

Stop farting about with these other stupid bikes and scooters and get that stinky back in operation!

:lol: yes i hear ya Drewjet, funnily enough i have been doing a few bits on the stink but i have been smashed with work lately, day/night shift over a few days is a killa sometimes and i havent had the energy after a round of flu, but it is moving forward, i bought a couple of extrons which havent arrived yet and hopefully i will get some work done today.

D

Hi All,

Having returned the kona to frock i find i cant afford to move my kit over to a custom bike :(
Still my loss is someone else's gain.......................

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28147

D

deecanio said:
Hi All,

Having returned the kona to frock i find i cant afford to move my kit over to a custom bike :(
Still my loss is someone else's gain.......................

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28147

D

lol But you have everything but a bike, why not hold onto the gear and get another bike when you can afford it...seems great waste
of money to me.

KiM

Miles said:
AussieJester said:
But you have everything but a bike, why not hold onto the gear and get another bike when you can afford it...seems great waste
of money to me.
I would sell the motor and keep the rest of the parts...

I'm sure what Miles meant to say was "sell the motor to KiM..and keep the rest of the parts"

Hows 300 U.S sound DeeC? since im such a loving chap and all :p

KiM

:lol: Kim, $300 sounds very funny :lol:

There is reason behind my clear out, i hadn't planned on saying tbh but so everyone knows why, me and Mrs Deec are trying for a junior Deec :mrgreen:
i won't get around to doing anything for ages if/when that happens (you know how long it takes me with no kids) so thus the offering up, i am sad to be selling but needs must and all that!!
If i dont get the prices im after i'll contemplate keeping but it seems theres enough guys interested not to have any problems.
Your kind of right Kim with just needing a bike, but not quite........................

Attachments

• IMG_0315 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0315 (Small).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,379
Update Time!!

Surprised our Deec didnt update this page yet?? well he is getting his new bike tomorrow courtesy of our Jozzer! I am riding down to Brighton on my Motorbike its 120 miles from here, Miles from the forum is also going to meet up as well, i am going to take my camera down there and grab a few clips too.. will be great to see Deec back on the road :twisted:

Check back here for vids and pictures!

Knoxie

Back