E-Bike motor upgrade

ee:

1 mW
A while back I purchased a Violamart kit for an old bike I had. It is a standard brushless/gearless kit with a hall sensor, PAS and twist throttle. Unfortunately the pedal assist is a bit too strong as it only seems to have 1 speed. I have been looking to upgrade to the LCD3 in order to have better control & fine tuning but it looks like my kit doesn't have a provision for this.

I was thinking of just buying a new controller+screen. Can anyone reccomend one to me? I was looking at one from PSW Power but im not sure how compatible it would be.

I also noticed the kit is rated at 1500w which seems like a dubious figure. It would be nice to have a little extra torque but id rather not damage my motor. My battery is supposedly rated at 30A continuous so im assuming i could limit the power draw with proper settings on the LCD3.

If you want a display, you have to get a controller that comes with one.

Your battery is rated 30A continuous, so your controller should be rated no higher than that. Or you can get a more powerful programmable controller and limit it to a current your battery will support.

48V controllers that claim 1500W are usually limited to 35A or 40A. Either way, don't use one with your battery.

Back