• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:
Funny when the parents are ahead the young guns with the tech!

When it comes to computers he's definitely got me beat, but if we're talking bikes, I'm a hard target.
Tell you son to post some stuff on ES, get an account. Encourage him to also comment on the Stealth Forum.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:
Funny when the parents are ahead the young guns with the tech!

When it comes to computers he's definitely got me beat, but if we're talking bikes, I'm a hard target.
Tell you son to post some stuff on ES, get an account. Encourage him to also comment on the Stealth Forum.

He's buying it through a store I never heard of called cloud 9 toys in Utah.

Emmett said:
hugeone22 said:
I find that with lack of use (2+ weeks) my Fighter has less power. eg. After 4 weeks it seems to have about half the torque. Peak volts always seems fine, so I guess the battery cannot supply enough current if stored idle. After about X weeks in storage (in 20 o 30C temps), it takes about X full discharge/charge cycles before it's hauling hard again. It's not a big problem. My bike is still awesome.

My bike has been stored for 3.5 weeks now, but in winter, which is 7 to 22C here. So it'll be interesting to see how the battery feels next ride. Tomorrow I hope.
Mines exactly the same , seems a lot better in summer though . One thing I often do is take it out for a short hard ride ( maybe quarter capacity ) then put it straight back on the charger to warm the batteries up . The batteries seem a bit lazy when they are cold .

I bought a pair of new complete DH wheels with Sunringle Doubletrack rims from ebay
http://www.ebay.it/itm/301656188795?euid=7265be9e2c494b4bb2b9dc6de8c15e06&cp=1
They are on the way right now and when arrived I think I will use the front wheel as delivered if it fits my Marzocchi 888 fork and I'm going to lace the rear rim to my present Crystalyte 5403 motor.
Where should I buy a new set of 11G 140mm lenght spokes and nipples?

About the longest my Bomber has set without being ridden was 3 weeks. The only thing I noticed was the voltage was down closer to 85v instead of up near 86v when I turned on the key. I couldn't tell any difference riding it.

bigbore said:
I bought a pair of new complete DH wheels with Sunringle Doubletrack rims from ebay
http://www.ebay.it/itm/301656188795?euid=7265be9e2c494b4bb2b9dc6de8c15e06&cp=1
They are on the way right now and when arrived I think I will use the front wheel as delivered if it fits my Marzocchi 888 fork and I'm going to lace the rear rim to my present Crystalyte 5403 motor.
Where should I buy a new set of 11G 140mm lenght spokes and nipples?

If you want to get with 11g, go with these, they are an 11/12g tapered unit, very high quality. http://holmeshobbies.com/Holmes-Custom-Moped-Spokes.html

I know there are folks making 11g straight gauge spokes, but they aren't any stronger and the smallest I can source is 10g units through Gary @ Prowheel Racing and Buchanan Spokes and Rims.

I took my new stealth bomber to the woods today and had my first crash

TooFast.jpg

Well i have finally had a ride on the new Fighter all i can say is awesome!!!!

The ride is soooo nice with the new front forks this is such a big improvement well done Stealth
Hugh
DSC00001.jpg

hugeone22 said:
Well i have finally had a ride on the new Fighter all i can say is awesome!!!!

The ride is soooo nice with the new front forks this is such a big improvement well done Stealth
Hugh
/DSC00001.jpg[/img]

Very Nice Hugeone, so is the Bomber still your favorite, or do you like the Fighter more?

Normally don't post this repair stuff, but I figured why not. So my TC4080 was supposed to be set up to plug-n-ride on my Fighter. It wasn't. The phase, sensor, and heat sensor wires were all several inches short. So I did what anyone would do, I chopped the 11g wires down near where they exit the hub, and attached some 10g wires at that point lengthening everything by about 5 inches. Then I spliced and extended my sensor cable, this is almost as much fun as watching grass grow. The heat sensor wire still needs to be done. Anyway, I am improving on OEM design.

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,358
  • Phase.jpg
    Phase.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,358
Theodore Voltaire said:
Looks good. Is that seat what comes on Stealth's now? Looks more comfy than the ass hatchet that came on my Bomber.

Hi TV
No I don't like the standard seat either I put a better seat on it from the start!

Hugh

Very Nice Hugeone, so is the Bomber still your favorite, or do you like the Fighter more?[/quote]

Hi Rick

Well now its a much more difficult choice as the Fighter has better suspension now, more range and being much lighter its more nimble in tight trails...

I still love the torque from the Bomber though but I am sure I will ride the new Fighter more than I rode the older one.

I guess ill call it a draw both bikes are fantastic bikes in my opinion!

Hugh

Rick i am very keen to see your TC4080 conversion on your fighter I will be interested to know what you think when you get it going

Hugh

hugeone22 said:
Very Nice Hugeone, so is the Bomber still your favorite, or do you like the Fighter more?

Hi Rick

Well now its a much more difficult choice as the Fighter has better suspension now, more range and being much lighter its more nimble in tight trails...

I still love the torque from the Bomber though but I am sure I will ride the new Fighter more than I rode the older one.

I guess ill call it a draw both bikes are fantastic bikes in my opinion!

Hugh[/quote]

Very well said Hugh, they are both great machines and you really can't go wrong with either choice. I should have the TC4080 up and going soon. I am waiting on spokes to lace to another 18" rim and then we will whats going on.

Right next set of tyre are Maxxis Hockworms 24 x 2.5 and will I notice more speed and better handling on the road
over my duro wildlifes leapards?

Last night I was riding home through town, going about 40 mph. A car pulls out from a stop sign, crossing in front of me. I didn't have to stop. It could have been instant death except I saw him, and started smoking my brakes, and tires. As usual, I missed him by about a foot, which might as well be a mile. That makes most people angry, but I just ride on like nothing happened, it's happened so many times. It was the most dangerous time of evening. Not dark, and not light either.

As soon as it gets dark that never happens, and I mean never. In the darkness my headlight is so bright no one dares pull out in front of me, because they're afraid a bus is coming with a light out LOL. It's funny how when they could die, people are a lot more careful. I like riding after dark.

An old friend told me a long time ago, whenever you ride, death rides along with you. I keep in the back of my mind, but I don't dwell on it.

A quickie ask for help before I wade thru the handbook and start tearing the bike apart, I was riding today and the motor started juddering real bad, I finished up my ride (luckily I was close to home) and put it back on charge and let it cool down. It was hot here in Colorado today, in the 90s. That was 2 hours ago, I just tried turning it on to see it would work and it's giving me no power. The lcd works as normal but there's no power. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? Bomber #366 and only have about that many miles on it.

Ok update, I found the green wire to be disconnected the crank where all the connectors are, trouble is that it won't reach to reconnect. The blue one was partially disconnected too so I reconnected that. Does the green wire have a middle connector that I may have lost? I can't find any photos on the manual to show the connectors.

Bexxer said:
A quickie ask for help before I wade thru the handbook and start tearing the bike apart, I was riding today and the motor started juddering real bad, I finished up my ride (luckily I was close to home) and put it back on charge and let it cool down. It was hot here in Colorado today, in the 90s. That was 2 hours ago, I just tried turning it on to see it would work and it's giving me no power. The lcd works as normal but there's no power. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? Bomber #366 and only have about that many miles on it. Thanks in advance!

Were you riding in water before you got home?

What voltage does it show?

Could you have tripped the bms before you put it on the charger?

Bexxer said:
A quickie ask for help before I wade thru the handbook and start tearing the bike apart, I was riding today and the motor started juddering real bad, I finished up my ride (luckily I was close to home) and put it back on charge and let it cool down. It was hot here in Colorado today, in the 90s. That was 2 hours ago, I just tried turning it on to see it would work and it's giving me no power. The lcd works as normal but there's no power. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? Bomber #366 and only have about that many miles on it. Thanks in advance!

Souds like A broken HalSensor to me.

stritzky said:
Bexxer said:

Souds like A broken HalSensor to me.

Yeah, that's what I ask about water. Water on the plug acts like a bad sensor too.

I found the culprit, chased the problem back to the rear brake disc and found a screw had worked its way loose and shredded the wires, hence pulled connectors apart. Surely these screws should have been torqued at assembly. Gah!

Back