E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Oh ok that's a bummer , I hope it works out soon for you mate I'd be very keen to how how that nucular works out for you if you do get it . I've been trying to coping a link to put up here so you or anyone else could have a look at and give some advice on whether it's an easy do or not but I can't get it to work . A simple google search will bring it up . Google search .... Project EBMX Stealth extreme .... And you will see what I'm interested in maybe doing but doing it on a bomber instead of a fighter . In the article you will read about wiring up grades to handle more power . I think I may be right there with a bomber because they upgraded a fighter to a bigger battery that the bomber already had bit I'm still not sure if the standard bomber wiring or standard battery could handle this upgrade . Also I was hoping to do this upgrade if I go ahead with it with a nucular controller instead of the Kelley they used just because I think nucular has more to offer . I've already got the same motor UFO 5650 ,Ferro Fluid and hubsinks so going by that article I possibly might just get away with a simple controller upgrade for now and do a battery upgrade when what I've got now dies from old age , that's what I was hoping to do anyway . I'm sure others here could advise me on whether this was possible to do or I'm going to need wiring and battery upgrade as well

Dat shuureee look purdy! Thanks for joining in! Crazy how many bombers are out there now! Now mod the living hell out of it!!!!
My latest is my bud swapped his wheels so I got his talaria from wheel which mounted right up and w the stock rubber weighs very close to the stock wheel. Now I have tons of rubber choices!! No more duros for me!
Hey 1abv when you put on that talaria front wheel was there any talaria spaces that had it go in with it and what about the axel did you use yours or the Talaria one . Just trying to work out what you needed to do the swap over that's all

Oh ok that's a bummer , I hope it works out soon for you mate I'd be very keen to how how that nucular works out for you if you do get it . I've been trying to coping a link to put up here so you or anyone else could have a look at and give some advice on whether it's an easy do or not but I can't get it to work . A simple google search will bring it up . Google search .... Project EBMX Stealth extreme .... And you will see what I'm interested in maybe doing but doing it on a bomber instead of a fighter . In the article you will read about wiring up grades to handle more power . I think I may be right there with a bomber because they upgraded a fighter to a bigger battery that the bomber already had bit I'm still not sure if the standard bomber wiring or standard battery could handle this upgrade . Also I was hoping to do this upgrade if I go ahead with it with a nucular controller instead of the Kelley they used just because I think nucular has more to offer . I've already got the same motor UFO 5650 ,Ferro Fluid and hubsinks so going by that article I possibly might just get away with a simple controller upgrade for now and do a battery upgrade when what I've got now dies from old age , that's what I was hoping to do anyway . I'm sure others here could advise me on whether this was possible to do or I'm going to need wiring and battery upgrade as well
Hey Oldboy,
A few bits of info for you.
I have a 19" rear moto on the bike as well and I would never go back to a bicycle tire. I run UHD moto tubes and a rim lock on the back as well because I hate changing out the rear tire or getting a flat.

I swapped the front because by bud had a Talaria and I was running out of 3" duros. Trying to find 3" bicycle tires in the 24" size is impossible. I would totally recommend swapping the wheels regardless of weight change. The moto tires last wayyyyy longer then the bike tires, get better grip and in some instances are cheaper.
I had a nuke on order as well but I passed on it because I have another bike with a BAC already on it and I have a kelly that I haven't installed on the bomber. STILL have not installed because I'm terribly lazy!

As far as wiring I'm not sure what gauge phase wires are in the UFO moto but I upgraded my wires for 2 reasons. I was planning on installing the kelly and running more power 10kw and the 2nd reason was because the OG wires were cracking and overheating. I went w 10 gauge wires and have not ever had an issue. They were originally 12 gauge I think. I don't remember exactly. I also installed a temp sensor but I think the newer bombers have that already. You have to do a little magic to get the 10 gauge to pass into the hub motor but its worth it. If you haven't done it already I would take the cover off the controller and see if its potted. If not get some electronic grade silicone and attach all the capacitors to the board. The vibrations from riding will break the wire legs on the caps and ruin your controller. Its not a matter of if but when it will happen.

If you want to ride this off-road primary I would honestly suggest a different platform. I know I know sacrilege but trust me I have spent more money on suspension (and other things) for this bike trying to solve and unsolvable problem. The hub motor is flat out too heavy for off-road work and hub motors do not have the torque and overheat quickly even with hubsinks and ferro fluid. I keep riding this bike off-road because I've had it forever and some places get pissy about having pedals. If I were to do it again I would prob get a Luna X2 and a surron or some such thing. The bomber is a great bike but off-road its limited. As long as you are cool with that then go for it. to put it in perspective a built to the hilt bomber wont keep up w a stock surron. But you will get a great work out trying! Feel free to ping me w any questions about mods. more than happy to help!

Hey Oldboy,
A few bits of info for you.
I have a 19" rear moto on the bike as well and I would never go back to a bicycle tire. I run UHD moto tubes and a rim lock on the back as well because I hate changing out the rear tire or getting a flat.

I swapped the front because by bud had a Talaria and I was running out of 3" duros. Trying to find 3" bicycle tires in the 24" size is impossible. I would totally recommend swapping the wheels regardless of weight change. The moto tires last wayyyyy longer then the bike tires, get better grip and in some instances are cheaper.
I had a nuke on order as well but I passed on it because I have another bike with a BAC already on it and I have a kelly that I haven't installed on the bomber. STILL have not installed because I'm terribly lazy!

As far as wiring I'm not sure what gauge phase wires are in the UFO moto but I upgraded my wires for 2 reasons. I was planning on installing the kelly and running more power 10kw and the 2nd reason was because the OG wires were cracking and overheating. I went w 10 gauge wires and have not ever had an issue. They were originally 12 gauge I think. I don't remember exactly. I also installed a temp sensor but I think the newer bombers have that already. You have to do a little magic to get the 10 gauge to pass into the hub motor but its worth it. If you haven't done it already I would take the cover off the controller and see if its potted. If not get some electronic grade silicone and attach all the capacitors to the board. The vibrations from riding will break the wire legs on the caps and ruin your controller. Its not a matter of if but when it will happen.

If you want to ride this off-road primary I would honestly suggest a different platform. I know I know sacrilege but trust me I have spent more money on suspension (and other things) for this bike trying to solve and unsolvable problem. The hub motor is flat out too heavy for off-road work and hub motors do not have the torque and overheat quickly even with hubsinks and ferro fluid. I keep riding this bike off-road because I've had it forever and some places get pissy about having pedals. If I were to do it again I would prob get a Luna X2 and a surron or some such thing. The bomber is a great bike but off-road its limited. As long as you are cool with that then go for it. to put it in perspective a built to the hilt bomber wont keep up w a stock surron. But you will get a great work out trying! Feel free to ping me w any questions about mods. more than happy to help!
Thanks 1abv . I guess I'm the opposite to you about off road ,99% of my riding in on road that's one of the main reasons o purchased my bomber you wouldn't last 3 minutes on a surron around here on the roads . I'm interested in doing this wheel swap on the front thought because I was already going for a 19" moto rim on the rear and that was for tyre choice as well . Now I find it's as easy as fitting a talaria front wheel on the front I'll do that as well then . I saw a complete talaria front wheel tyre an all the other day for $260 but I don't know if they use spaces or not and that was without the axel to I'm guessing that's why I was asked about spaces and Axel's to fit it . What about the rotor do you think my bomber rotor would bolt up to to talaria wheel or would I have to get that with the wheel if an when I get it . Apart from these wheel changes ( front and rear ) I was hoping to do something very similar to my bomber as what was done in that article I posted about . Sounds pretty easy change the controller possibly some wires if it needs it and up grade the battery further down the track when the original one has had enough , that should be good enough to give this old bugger a thrill ride I'm sure of it .

One thing I'll say about the SurRon riders, they love their bikes, and are willing to spend enough money on upgrades to put some Harley riders to shame. the consensus seemed to be that most people end up spending about $10,000.

Thanks 1abv . I guess I'm the opposite to you about off road ,99% of my riding in on road that's one of the main reasons o purchased my bomber
I love you Oldboy. That was my main reason too. From now on it's me and you.
I've been saying for years that Stealth needs to target their bikes for street riders more than offroad in todays market. Bombers can make great street bikes, but they're kind of sucky in the dirt.

Last edited:
Yep Tv I think you have hit the nail on the head there with what you are saying . It's nothing new that all that weight in the rear makes a bike no good for jumping , if I wanted to do that sort of stuff I'm not sure if I would have got a surron but sure as shit I would have got something with a middrive . Your right though mate on the hard surfaces bombers hold their own . I'm hopping that one day if I can full off with my by what Ebmx did with that fighter then this bomber will hold its own on the tar as good as any of them

Hey 1abv what motor are you running at 10kw ??? It sounds like with the wiring mods it's not having any dramas hey ? .the power now your running should surely keep up with most on the flats surely ... Did you have a look at that ebmx project extreme stealth article ? Are you punching through as much as that . I think by memory they are maxing out at 20kw and saying that the UFO they used was fine . I'm not sure if it was a 5650 or not but that's what all the bombers from either 2017/2018 to 2022 are running not sure about the current 2023 model though they possibly got the same to you would have to enquire about that one . My question is has any one else done this ebmx sort of thing to the 5650 and what other if any mods did they do to do it .

Hey TV I found a place that was using your bike in a picture to advertise their batteries . Electro Bike World . If it's the same place from what I read on here you were quite happy with that battery hey .? Was the battery you had made by those people the biggest battery you could fit into your frame without modifying any thing . Would my frames body be the same size as yours do you think . I made an enquiry just to get a feel for their pricing , they said they used LG cylindrical cells but not what sort of LG cells . Could you get a bigger battery in there if you wanted to do you think . I was thinking of going with pouch cells insead and no not lipo the ones they use in cars same as what Ebmx are using in there latest batteries 6c continuous discharge Li-Io high discharge cells just way easier battery to make way less. connections and you can fit more into a small space that to .

Oldboy,
I think you have it right man! Running the Bomber on road or light off-road is the way to go. Especially because there are a lot of Surron peeps that ride on road and get busted but because of the pedals so your all good!

I'm running stock controller. I haven't changed the controller yet. Take a look at this article. Allex did some serious power additions.

I have the stock motor as Allex did when he started. You can add a crap load of power to these motors but eventually they will over heat. I don't buy at all the EBMX claim
" it will tackle and conquer any hill with ease and barely get hot with continuous hard riding with the UFO Motor."
They are calling it as an off-roader and there is no way in hell that that bike does not overheat. Maybe they call off-road riding their bike on their front lawn or they have no idea what actual off-roading is. It will overheat off-road for sure.

At flat stick 4.5k I have never overheated my bike on the street. Running up any hill its been fine. I can overheat my bike off-road in less than 5 minutes on a decent uphill climb. On another note my bud had a Surron running at 20k which worked insane for a few 0-60 runs but it did overheat after 5-6 hard runs.

As far as the front end it should fit no problem. I'm not sure what front end is on your bike but Im guessing its DNM/Fastace/KKK or some such bicycle based suspension and the Talaria/Surron fit my bike no issues and no spacers needed. Also the Brakes lined up no problems.

Ok 1Abv . I'm hearing you mate and I don't dout you one bit either . What I've been really trying to find out here though was what I would have to do to go down that same root as ebmx did in that project but do it to my bomber instead and run 20kw peak power. An it's looks after reading what they did all I my have to do is change the controller which I was hoping to go nucular instead of Kelly . The battery in the article was upgraded to 72V 24ah my stock battery is 72v 26ah so I'm guessing the wiring up grades should be ok as is well hopefully any was seems though the bomber already had a bigger battery fitted as stock so fingers crossed there to . I don't own a computer to do the set up on the nucular that's going to make it a bit hard that and I have no idea how to fit it and set it up either is going to make it another hurdle to jump . I really need someone close by who could do it for me would be really good but who that person if hmmmm that's the $1000 question I guess I live in Rockhampton central Queensland mate not many here any good at this sort of thing well not that I know of anyway

Hey TV I found a place that was using your bike in a picture to advertise their batteries . Electro Bike World . If it's the same place from what I read on here you were quite happy with that battery hey .? Was the battery you had made by those people the biggest battery you could fit into your frame without modifying any thing . Would my frames body be the same size as yours do you think . I made an enquiry just to get a feel for their pricing , they said they used LG cylindrical cells but not what sort of LG cells . Could you get a bigger battery in there if you wanted to do you think . I was thinking of going with pouch cells insead and no not lipo the ones they use in cars same as what Ebmx are using in there latest batteries 6c continuous discharge Li-Io high discharge cells just way easier battery to make way less. connections and you can fit more into a small space that to .

Oldboy, when I first bought that battery from Electro bike world I was going from the stock 18ah to 24ah. At first I liked it because of the added 6ah, but it soon became obvious even that was too small. Now I have a 35ah battery, and I would hate anything smaller. The place I bought my 35ah from was on aliexpress, but they've discontuined making it. I think my next battery will probably be 40ah, even if I have to space out the side covers to make it fit.

Oh ok Tv . I would love to get one of the new batteries ebmx are quounching out ,the ones with those pouch cells in them from what I've read they are a really really good battery .

Ok 1Abv . I'm hearing you mate and I don't dout you one bit either . What I've been really trying to find out here though was what I would have to do to go down that same root as ebmx did in that project but do it to my bomber instead and run 20kw peak power. An it's looks after reading what they did all I my have to do is change the controller which I was hoping to go nucular instead of Kelly . The battery in the article was upgraded to 72V 24ah my stock battery is 72v 26ah so I'm guessing the wiring up grades should be ok as is well hopefully any was seems though the bomber already had a bigger battery fitted as stock so fingers crossed there to . I don't own a computer to do the set up on the nucular that's going to make it a bit hard that and I have no idea how to fit it and set it up either is going to make it another hurdle to jump . I really need someone close by who could do it for me would be really good but who that person if hmmmm that's the $1000 question I guess I live in Rockhampton central Queensland mate not many here any good at this sort of thing well not that I know of anyway
Yup the simple answer is all you
Would have to do it a controller swap.. detailed version is make sure your battery can take 20k draw, check the wires to make sure they can handle what ever your continuous rating would be I’m guessing around 10k. And you will prob have to chuck a breaker in there.
Btw I’m not trying to dissuade you at all I say go for it man! Love to hear the result!
I want to try and give honest info about what you’re trying to achieve. 20k is a lot of power and w/o supporting structure it’s asking for failures. I would suggest getting the wiring diagrams for kelly and nuke (maybe you have already done this) and see what they need. If I was riding just street I would have probably upgraded my controller by now., chuck on some slicks and biiggg ass brakes!! That would be fun.

Attachments

• E6BA8EFA-8BB9-43F8-A1DB-35CC0452BA5E.jpeg
    E6BA8EFA-8BB9-43F8-A1DB-35CC0452BA5E.jpeg
    953 KB · Views: 2
1Abv, I haven't purchased anything yet ,I wanted to get a feel for what others thought about that article from ebmx first . With the battery thing they said they upgraded their fighters battery to 24ah the battery in my bike the stock one it came with is 26ah so you would think it should handle it surely . I know a bigger and better battery will have to come sooner or later I was just hoping to use this one up first if you get what I mean before I had to go an get another one that's all

1Abv, I haven't purchased anything yet ,I wanted to get a feel for what others thought about that article from ebmx first . With the battery thing they said they upgraded their fighters battery to 24ah the battery in my bike the stock one it came with is 26ah so you would think it should handle it surely . I know a bigger and better battery will have to come sooner or later I was just hoping to use this one up first if you get what I mean before I had to go an get another one that's all
Stealth is pretty sneaky about their battery specs, but I'd be surprised if the stock battery's bms is rated for more than 80 amps. The battery is the biggest bottleneck with a Bomber. I don't think you can get a battery that supports more than 100 amp to fit in the frame without spacing out the side covers.

Your once again most likely on the money there with battery size and what fits TV . I asked Ebmx a little while ago about being able to get one of their new pouch cell batteries for my bomber when the need arises and the answer was yes no problems .it pretty dam amazing just how much power they are squeezing into those batteries with those cells compared to cylindrical cells it's a huge difference . And your also right I'll bet I won't get to many answers from stealth about their battery either , most likely I'll have to either suck it an see or bite the bullet and buy another battery and if I do I'm pretty sure I'll get one from ebmx if I do

Oldboy,
My stealth battery was held together with shrink wrap. Not sure about the new ones. You can always take the wrap off the top of the battery and look up the BMS specs. I did that w mine. All this battery stuff is off the shelf that they wire together. There should be specs printed on the BMS. If not there should be a model number that you can look up.

1abv I had a quick look the other day only external and written in white chalk on-top of the battery was written 72v 26ah , 2020 . That's it . The battery itself in encased in some very hard black type of plasticy type material not shrink wrap I'm not to keen on cutting away at to much but I will have another look later on for some numbers like you were saying might help with some more information. Ive changed my mind about nucular controller to I'm starting to think that they are just to hard to get ahold of and if they are that hard to get probably if something goes wrong getting ahold of something to fix it might be just as hard . I wrote an email to day to the supplier of Mobipus controllers to get a contact number so I call him when he gets time to discuss what he thinks about going down this road with one of his controllers . I have my doubts that this stock battery will do it's part to so I'll have a talk to the same person about that to if and when I can get ahold of him that is .

I'm guessing Sam is it who owns and runs Balarat Ebikes is a hard working man to get a hold of . I've sent an email now I guess I will just have to wait now . Is there any one on here that could possibly give him a bump for me please . It's no secret I'm hoping to send some business his way I just have to get ahold of him first that's all ,thanks in reply to anyone who can relay a message thanks heaps. Regards Trev

Back