E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

That's cool alright.

What type of throttle operation do you like best?

Linear — smooth increase, direct dependence.
Exponential — slow increase.
Normal — average between linear and exponential.
Polynomial — average between normal and exponential.
I dont even know, I guess normal, or linear. Whatever is default on that thing.
Reason why it is heavy is it is probably potted, so filled with material to make it waterproof.
as for phase. I use 90battery/250 phase on my 12f but it only peaks at 200 during my rides anyway.
you can easily see in the statistic what max phase you had during a ride.
and dont worry. just set it to what ever and if you feel that you have slow acc, you encrease it and vice versa. It is like playing with that second needle on a 2-stroke.

Reason why it is heavy is it is probably potted, so filled with material to make it waterproof.
as for phase. I use 90battery/250 phase on my 12f but it only peaks at 200 during my rides anyway.
and dont worry. just set it to what ever and if you feel that you have slow acc, you encrease it and vice versa. It is like playing with that second needle on a 2-stroke.
Thanks Allex, you've always been so kind to help me since my first day in 2013. Love the Video too.

I'm not going to be in a big hurry to install my Nuc until I buy a new battery. With my old stock controller the voltage sag was about 5 or 6 volts. Now with the 80 amp kelly it sags almost 9 volts. I don't think it's man enough to get nuc'ed

I'm not going to be in a big hurry to install my Nuc until I buy a new battery. With my old stock controller the voltage sag was about 5 or 6 volts. Now with the 80 amp kelly it sags almost 9 volts. I don't think it's man enough to get nuc'ed
A good battery should see about 5V drop at 100A
Thats what I am getting with mine that has 5pcs 21700 Samsung 40T in parallel. Sure that the sag will be even less so if you have more Ps
It is not only the cells that matters but also the layout and all the connections are extremely crucial. Very often this is sadly neglected by chinese manufacturers. You can have the best cells in the world but if you dont know how to build it, it will give out crap-amps. Would be nice if they can provide the photos of internals...

A good battery should see about 5V drop at 100A
Thats what I am getting with mine that has 5pcs 21700 Samsung 40T in parallel. Sure that the sag will be even less so if you have more Ps
It is not only the cells that matters but also the layout and all the connections are extremely crucial. Very often this is sadly neglected by chinese manufacturers. You can have the best cells in the world but if you dont know how to build it, it will give out crap-amps. Would be nice if they can provide the photos of internals...

I'm talking to the same company that 1abv bought his battery from in Las Vegas, eBike Marketplace. So far I ask them for a quote for a custom pack that's 72v 40ah, with at least a 100 amp bms, and 8g output wires. The dimensions I specified are, not more than 350x152, and they tell me how wide it will need to be. I'm expecting to have to space out the side covers a little.

I'm talking to the same company that 1abv bought his battery from in Las Vegas, eBike Marketplace. So far I ask them for a quote for a custom pack that's 72v 40ah, with at least a 100 amp bms, and 8g output wires. The dimensions I specified are, not more than 350x152, and they tell me how wide it will need to be. I'm expecting to have to space out the side covers a little.
TV not sure how your battery is but mine built ebike marketplace them sits "inside" the bottom of the frame. Because the opening has those rounded corners that will affect your battery size. Maybe you have already taken this into account. BTW I would be very very specific with them and tell them what ever dimension you choose they can't go a mm bigger. I love my battery but we did have to ship it back and forth a few times to get it to fit perfectly. It was initially a few mm to big.

Thanks for the heads up 1abv. I won't accept anything bigger than 350x152. Less is alright. That's the length, and height. With those limitations I'm pretty sure a 40ah pack will be to wide to completely fit in the frame, but spacing the sidecovers out a little bit to accommodate the extra width shouldn't be much of a problem.

Nicely done!!!

1abv I want to try the same front wheel you have there. Can you tell me the width of the rim? And which tyre is that CST? Should be light!
Meanwhile I got this upgrade for the V-boxx....20230405_190138.jpg20230405_190126.jpg

TV not sure how your battery is but mine built ebike marketplace them sits "inside" the bottom of the frame. Because the opening has those rounded corners that will affect your battery size. Maybe you have already taken this into account. BTW I would be very very specific with them and tell them what ever dimension you choose they can't go a mm bigger. I love my battery but we did have to ship it back and forth a few times to get it to fit perfectly. It was initially a few mm to big.
I got email today, and Albert says he can build a 40ah, 72v battery with 100 amp bms that will fit inside the frame. 13.75" x 5.5" x 4.25".
That sounds pretty good to me. I replied back asking what cells he plans to use.

Back