E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Now about the tires. First of all I don't hate the white, but I don't love it either. Not like the streamers LOL. These tires do come in black though, and after my long ride today I have to say I like the way they work. I'll probably buy a set of these in black for the next tire change. I've never liked a ribbed tread pattern for a motorcycle tire, but they work pretty good on the Stealth. They're just to darn big they do offer pretty good grip compared to the tires I had. I was sailing through corners faster today with more confidence.

The gearing is taller, but I'm learning that has it's advantages. Acceleration is slower, yes, but I really think the range is better. Today trying, I was able to do over 5 miles per AH. The best I was able to do before was just less than 5 miles. Today was 5.3 miles against a strong headwind. That was running 10-12 mph with a little 15 thrown in. That's like 90 miles a charge wtf. On the other tires I figured about 80. On course I don't have the discipline to make it that far, but it's nice to know your limits.

It takes a little longer to get up to high speed, but it does go just as fast.

In case you guys want to get you some white tires, and black streamers like my bike, but you're worried about keeping the tires clean, keeping white tires clean is possible especially on a clean running electric bike. I use electrical contact cleaner. Spray it on a paper towel, and wipe the sidewalls clean. It's only about $11 a can. I'm going to get black next time though.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I don't care what you guys think, I like my streamers. :roll:

Well its like you said, hey officer, I wasn't going 50 on this bike, look at my gay streamers. :lol:

Anyway, if you haven't figured out by now with my past comments, when you find a tire that you like and works for you, stick with it. If those Thicks Bricks float your boat, then let them raise the Titanic.

Rick

Theodore Voltaire said:

This guy said exactly the same thing :p

streamers.jpg

Just messing with ya :)

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Well its like you said, hey officer, I wasn't going 50 on this bike, look at my gay streamers. :lol:

Anyway, if you haven't figured out by now with my past comments, when you fined a tire that you like and works for you, stick with it. If those Thicks Bricks float your boat, then let them raise the Titanic.

Rick

Gay streamers ha, you got a problem with my gay streamers? You probably just jealous I thought of it first.

These tires are another story. I think they work because the contact patch is so big compared to the other tires. I don't think the ribbed tread is anything special, but it works pretty good at these kinds of speeds. The tire itself feels tough. The tread feels tough and, the carcass feels tough. I put a plastic tire liner in each tire too. Today I think I proved these tires do give me more range than the other ones. I was able to get over 5 ah per mile today against the wind. I rode 16 miles on 2.85 ah against the wind. That beat my previous record of 3.15 which I felt was harder to do.

When I got ready to head home I had enough battery to ride gay abandon, which is my favorite way to ride.

stritzky said:
I have a Question for all you out there ? I have a 2012 Model Stealth Bomber. I have read that many have bought their Stealth Bombers with a restriction on their top speed to 20 mph or 32 kmh. My Bike never had this restriction.

I have seen pictures and heard talk about a wire that needs to be cut to get asses to the full 4500 watts. see picture

photo.jpg

But would there be any possibility to fit that wire and put a switch on it. why you might ask. just in case and to prevent you getting in to trouble with the Police.

Well if any of you have any idea please comment.
I added a button to my Fighter to limit amps like that.
See this post. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&hilit=stealth&start=950#p518679
16012012598.jpg

I've cleaned it up a lot since then, and run the wires through a hole in the handle bar now.
The button is great, I use it all the time. Mainly when I'm cruising through crowded area's or parks with kids around, but I also use it when I want to go long range. It's easy enough to adjust on the CA, and I typically have it set between 200-400W.

Cheers

stritzky: if you want to have a speed switch, it is possible with CA3. If you don't have the loop wire on yours, you need to open CA up first.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=114607
Page 5
Aux Pot Input: This is a general purpose 0-5V input that can be used to support custom user inputs such as a PAS level knob, speed knob, 3 position switch, or 'preset switch' to externally select CA mode presets.
This is probably what Stealth is using(wire)
I am not sure if you can have this function on older versions of CA's

You should be able to use the profiles function in the CA3 and not have to worry about installing a switch at all. For those not familiar with the CA3, 3 operational profiles can be setup if desired. You can then toggle between them by holding down the left button and toggling the right button to switch between profiles.

This is adjusted through SETUP PRESETS.

Preview line shows number of mode presets (1, 2, or 3), and number of batteries (1 or 2) which are enabled. In use, you can change between the presets by pressing both buttons, right first to change the battery, and left first to change the mode.
a. Preset Cnt:
i. Only 1: Effectively disables mode presets.
ii. 1&2 En: Allows you to easily toggle between two distinct sets of CA limit, PAS, and throttle settings.
iii. 1,2&3: Allows you to setup and toggle between 3 distinct CA limit, PAS, and throttle settings.
b. Preset #1 Name: Lets you select a name for the 1st CA preset. There are currently 14 possible names to choose from (Blank, Low, Medium, High, Economy, OffRoad, Unlmted, Legal, Pdl Ast, Trq Ast, Power, Current, and Speed). Assigning a name does NOT preload any particular set of limit values, so you will still need to manually input the various current, speed, power limits, throttle and PAS mappings that you want for each preset.
c. Preset #2 Name: Lets you select a name for the 2nd CA preset. This option only shows up if you have at least two mode presets enabled.
d. Preset #3 Name: Lets you select a name for the 3rd CA oreset. This option only shows up if you have all 3 mode presets enabled.
e. Crnt Prset: Select which of the 3 possible presets is currently active. This screen only shows up if you have at least 2 mode presets enabled.
f. Power On: Here you can select the behavior of the CA when it is turned off and on:
i. Last Preset: The CA will boot up in the same preset it was in when it was powered down.
ii. Preset #1: The CA will always default to the first preset whenever it boots up.
g. Batteries?: Here you select whether battery presets are enabled as well.
i. Batt A only: Only one battery pack setup
ii. Batts A&B: Allows you to easily toggle between two different battery packs.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I was just wondering what you guys think. Does cruising around a at 1000w or less extend the life of your battery, compared to blasting at 3500w or higher most of the time?

I don't know for sure, but every ride I have been on, except with Hyena in Yosemite and a couple of long distance rides, I ride around WOT all of the time. That being said, my WOT watts consumption with my 5405 is 2750 or so. My 5404 was around 3300-3400, my 5403 was up around 3800 riding WOT on the flat as fast as my machine would go. The 5405 I am currently running is good for 37-39MPH no pedaling through out most of the charge. The 5404 was good for 42-45MPH through most of the charge and the 5403 was 50-55MPH through out charge. My battery is getting tired though. But this goes back to a previous topic about not constantly over discharging your battery to BMS shutdown. That's more important than how hard a rider is on the throttle for extending battery life. As we all learned, some of our batteries differ a little on useable wh and Ah out put. So knowing your battery traits and what its doing is the best guideline.

Rick

Your motor can only pull what the battery is capable of releasing, a new battery will release 4500-4700- watts at WOT when new. I pull 4400 with one battery but if I put a 2nd Bomber battery on my rack for a long ride it will pull 5400-5700 area WOT. The top end seems about the same but it just gets you there quicker. So pulling 3800 the battery is a tad weak I fear. WH's used to dead at 3800 are prolly down as well in the 1100 area or less I'll bet.

damancalldan said:
Hi All!

My CA battery logo for the past 3 charges has been displaying as completely empty. It happened once just after I purchased in Sep 2013 and has only just started happening again... do you think a BMS reset will fix it???

Also do you remember what the maximum Ah it is where you can reset the CA without an extra trip being added to the screen??? I think maybe 1??

Regards
DAMANCALLDAN

PROBLEM SOLVED!! thanks to joe from stealth!

In the battery setup menu my battery capacity was set to 40.0Ah!! So i changed it to 18.0Ah... this is the right value yes? Anyway a reset of the bike gave me back my precious battery logo FULL :) Also I am finally getting the full length out of the battery!!! I thought I had a dodgy battery but I guess it just thought it was always empty because the capacity was set so high!! Already at 40kms, 15.3Ah, and 1100WH and I havent hit the halfway point on the battery logo yet!

I feel like I just got the bike brand new again!!!! What a frocking machine!!!!!

Paul_G said:
Rix said:
I don't know for sure, but every ride I have been on, except with Hyena in Yosemite and a couple of long distance rides, I ride around WOT all of the time. That being said, my WOT watts consumption with my 5405 is 2750 or so. My 5404 was around 3300-3400, my 5403 was up around 3800 riding WOT on the flat as fast as my machine would go. The 5405 I am currently running is good for 37-39MPH no pedaling through out most of the charge. The 5404 was good for 42-45MPH through most of the charge and the 5403 was 50-55MPH through out charge. My battery is getting tired though. But this goes back to a previous topic about not constantly over discharging your battery to BMS shutdown. That's more important than how hard a rider is on the throttle for extending battery life. As we all learned, some of our batteries differ a little on useable wh and Ah out put. So knowing your battery traits and what its doing is the best guideline.

Rick

Your motor can only pull what the battery is capable of releasing, a new battery will release 4500-4700- watts at WOT when new. I pull 4400 with one battery but if I put a 2nd Bomber battery on my rack for a long ride it will pull 5400-5700 area WOT. The top end seems about the same but it just gets you there quicker. So pulling 3800 the battery is a tad weak I fear. WH's used to dead at 3800 are prolly down as well in the 1100 area or less I'll bet.

I don't think my bike ever gets up to 4500w. I think about 4300 to 4400 is about it.

Theo, I am not referring to peak current under WOT acceleration from dead stop. If that was the case, my 5403 and 5404 were bursting north of 5.3KW (5300Wh) while my 5405 won't quite break the 5KW mark. The numbers I reference were after I hit my terminal velocity and what my current demands are to stay there. So just riding around WOT, the 5405 draws the least current. This is actually misleading though, I bet if I had my 5403 on and kept the speed on it between 37-39MPH, it wouldn't draw as much current at the 5405 currently does. The other factor is environmental conditions such as increased wind resistance with faster speeds. That's another reason why the faster wind stators use more current as well.

bmotor can only pull what the battery is capable of releasing, a new battery will release 4500-4700- watts at WOT when new. I pull 4400 with one battery but if I put a 2nd Bomber battery on my rack for a long ride it will pull 5400-5700 area WOT. The top end seems about the same but it just gets you there quicker. So pulling 3800 the battery is a tad weak I fear. WH's used to dead at 3800 are prolly down as well in the 1100 area or less I'll bet

Paul G, if I am understanding you correctly the bold would be true if my battery could only discharge 3800wh, but that's not the case. Like I told Mr. Streamers, when I had my 5403 on, after arriving at top speed, my output was around 3800wh to maintain WOT top speed with the 5403. My battery, even though getting tired, can still burst discharge of 5KW or better. Just lots of Volt sag doing it. The 5405 I have just doesn't had the demand with my body and bike weight that the 5404 and 5403 did. Yah, your setup with DOS packs, if your packs are like mine, would have the potential for 10KW burst :shock: which isn't bad thing at all. I will also bet your voltage sag is very little with both packs paralleled, may 2-3 volts from nominal tops. Is that the case?

Rick

damancalldan said:
damancalldan said:
Hi All!

My CA battery logo for the past 3 charges has been displaying as completely empty. It happened once just after I purchased in Sep 2013 and has only just started happening again... do you think a BMS reset will fix it???

Also do you remember what the maximum Ah it is where you can reset the CA without an extra trip being added to the screen??? I think maybe 1??

Regards
DAMANCALLDAN

PROBLEM SOLVED!! thanks to joe from stealth!

In the battery setup menu my battery capacity was set to 40.0Ah!! So i changed it to 18.0Ah... this is the right value yes? Anyway a reset of the bike gave me back my precious battery logo FULL :) Also I am finally getting the full length out of the battery!!! I thought I had a dodgy battery but I guess it just thought it was always empty because the capacity was set so high!! Already at 40kms, 15.3Ah, and 1100WH and I havent hit the halfway point on the battery logo yet!

I feel like I just got the bike brand new again!!!! What a frocking machine!!!!!

WOW, yah that would display empty. But, If you consumed 15Ah, your batter logo display should read way below the half mark and you should be getting close to being done. I don't have any experience with your CA, at a guess, if your pack is like mine, you probably have another 100-150wh tops before you go into the realm of BMS shut down. Just watch your voltage sag, when you start bouncing off your CA LVC, which, if also like mine shouldn't be set any less than 3volts above the BMS LVC, time to look at finishing the ride up and getting to a charger.

small bomber or large window ?
sunny winter day visiting a (very)old castle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392651710.243842.jpg

Rix said:
Theo, I am not referring to peak current under WOT acceleration from dead stop. If that was the case, my 5403 and 5404 were bursting north of 5.3KW (5300Wh) while my 5405 won't quite break the 5KW mark. The numbers I reference were after I hit my terminal velocity and what my current demands are to stay there. So just riding around WOT, the 5405 draws the least current. This is actually misleading though, I bet if I had my 5403 on and kept the speed on it between 37-39MPH, it wouldn't draw as much current at the 5405 currently does. The other factor is environmental conditions such as increased wind resistance with faster speeds. That's another reason why the faster wind stators use more current as well.

bmotor can only pull what the battery is capable of releasing, a new battery will release 4500-4700- watts at WOT when new. I pull 4400 with one battery but if I put a 2nd Bomber battery on my rack for a long ride it will pull 5400-5700 area WOT. The top end seems about the same but it just gets you there quicker. So pulling 3800 the battery is a tad weak I fear. WH's used to dead at 3800 are prolly down as well in the 1100 area or less I'll bet

Paul G, if I am understanding you correctly the bold would be true if my battery could only discharge 3800wh, but that's not the case. Like I told Mr. Streamers, when I had my 5403 on, after arriving at top speed, my output was around 3800wh to maintain WOT top speed with the 5403. My battery, even though getting tired, can still burst discharge of 5KW or better. Just lots of Volt sag doing it. The 5405 I have just doesn't had the demand with my body and bike weight that the 5404 and 5403 did. Yah, your setup with DOS packs, if your packs are like mine, would have the potential for 10KW burst :shock: which isn't bad thing at all. I will also bet your voltage sag is very little with both packs paralleled, may 2-3 volts from nominal tops. Is that the case?

Rick

I was measuring the draw to get to top end, not when you get there :)

Sorry Theo, during flight I didnt have the time to take pics. But I did one directly after landing ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657481.521528.jpg

Paul_G said:
Rix said:

I was measuring the draw to get to top end, not when you get there :)

Okay we are on the same sheet of music then :p . So are you drawing more than 3800Wh WOT flat ground after terminal velocity is reached?

Rick

dh-paule said:
Sorry Theo, during flight I didnt have the time to take pics. But I did one directly after landing ;)

]

Nice Paule is that one of the Castles on the Rhine? When I was in Germany I saw something like 32 castles when I rented a car and got lost.

Theodore Voltaire said:
dh-paule said:

View attachment 1

Doesn't look all that high.

Yesterday I jumped off a curb lol.

Hey, I am not kidding !
This was just seconds before take off ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392662998.546621.jpg

Back