• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

All problems are solvable. Don't worry, the same thing happed to me. I was so pissed off when the nut rounded off. And of course it happened just as I was packing up to put the bike in the back of a car for a group ride on some trails.

So here is what you need to and it may require you to buy some tools.

Step 1: Drill out the damaged hex section of the lock nut with a 11.5mm drill, or what ever size just cleans up the hole. Don't go too deep, about 1/2"
Step 2: using a 12 mm plug tap, tap a thread into the hole you have just drilled.
Step 3: get a 12mm hardened hex bolt and screw it into the tapped hole.
Step 4: Apply just a bit of heat, not enough to damage the paint. A paint stripping heat gun is good for this.
Step 5: Give the end of the bolt a few light to firm taps with a hammer. As long as the bolt you have screwed in has bottomed out, it should transfer the energy to the seize lock not and help break it free.
Step 6: Now just continue to tighten up the hex bolt into the damaged locking nut. The lock nut should now screw out.

To reassemble, trim back the hex bolt leaving about 1/2" of thread. loctite the bolt into the locknut and let it set. This will allow you to still use the lock nut.

If you don't have the tools for this, take the bike to an engineering shop with a copy of what I written and they will sort it out for you.

This worked perfectly on my bike. Hopefull it will do the same for you.

have some pics from my last upgrade on my fighter.
I now run the tc100 with 22cell pack and 80a controller from greentime. Crystalyte controller did't like the tc100.. The wires on the greentime controller was a bit short, spent some time to extend them and make it look professional.
Does anyone know where I can get better brakes to the bike thinking og gatorbrakes ga8 but I'm not shure if that's overkill. Feel my mt2 is a bit girly at this stage.

P2250092crop.jpg
P2250101crop.jpg
P2250106crop.jpg

Actually the MT2 are very good brakes.
I tossed mine for Hope V4, but not quite sure if they feel more powerful yet...
The best upgrade I did on my bike was the forks. But You have crazy bobs so you probably a street boy.

The MT2 is good yes, but I notice big differece on braking now, compeard to with the stock setup. But the speed might be a bit higher too though..
Street boy..? I gues you must be one of those "mud soil boys" with the knoby tires Allex. :D
Fork Is not a issue yet, but I lube it up quite often just to make shure I can get it off without using a hammer or a drill. I'm not going to have problems pulling off the axelbolt and stuff like that in the future..

The magura are better than the gator brake that's why they use them now

Formula make the most powerful bicycle disc brake but the particular model costs $$$$$

fsmuggen said:
have some pics from my last upgrade on my fighter.
I now run the tc100 with 22cell pack and 80a controller from greentime. Crystalyte controller did't like the tc100.. The wires on the greentime controller was a bit short, spent some time to extend them and make it look professional.
Does anyone know where I can get better brakes to the bike thinking og gatorbrakes ga8 but I'm not shure if that's overkill. Feel my mt2 is a bit girly at this stage.

]

The 8 Pot Gatorbrakes are good. My 6 pot stops my Bomber fast running the Hayes V9 224mm Rotor up front. IMO If your brakes are powerful enough to either lock up and skid your rear wheel, and stop your front so quickly that it could toss you over the bars, then they are good enough. The only reason I would not go with Gators is not very many places sell pads for them. I can't find a state side place to buy them. Stealth stocks them and because of their size, shipping isn't bad, so I am good unless that changes. Damn running 92volts @ 80 Phase amps on a TC100, thats just plain wicked! :twisted: So, whats the top speed?

Rick

Stealth_Rider said:
Rodney64 said:
Stealth_Rider said:
Stealth rider. Why didn't u just get it fixed by warrenty rather than posting before u knew if it was under warrenty.

Why wouldn't I post my experience?

My preference was to tell the tale as it happened and to inform ES how things unfolded. My opinion is that this is an open group and hearing good and bad-and how bad is corrected is informative.

Stealth certainly stepped up to the plate to take corrective action and also explained why it happened. After all, this type of information sharing is what an open group is all about.

Jim

Fair enough Jim. Good that they gave you a reason and sending you a new frame.

fsmuggen said:
I now run the tc100 with 22cell pack and 80a controller from greentime.
That must be stupid fast! What top speed are you seeing? Must be around 105km/hr ?
I ran a tad more power through my batshit motor and had it up to 100km/hr but it was just too fast. Fun and good for high speed street use if you happen to live in costa rica but too inefficient for lower speeds/regular offroading. And I agree, at these speeds bicycle spec brakes of just about any denomination aren't much chop.

damancalldan said:
Daaammmnnn!!! These tires are getting bald!!!

What do you all recommend for the Bomber? Mix of off and on road

Love ya xo

Felt Racing Bermaster 3.00x24 is a decent all around tire, does everything good, nothing great.

Rick

I Think I have to do a brake upgrade in the future. Brakepads is no problem I think, I can get hold of them cheap on ebay.
Topspeed so far on flat ground 85-90kph on 50A. Controller can take more, but for my pack i think that is on the topshelf for safe discharge... Fast enough though. Probably will be even faster when or if I change the pack sometime in the furture. :)

Oh good, no one has knocked me off my fighter top spot yet :p
Sounds like the current is holding you back, I was running 100A in mine and fast wind motors are definitely thirsty buggers.
What sort of pack are you running that only takes a 50A discharge ? You running 3C li-ion or something ?

Next "problem"

I need black spokes for my mc wheel build. I have tried prowheel and some other spoke manufacturers, but they only have chrome or stainless colour. Any Ideas where I can get 128mm 10g BLACK spokes?

Cheers
Alex

When I had my wheels done, my spokes were to be black chromed, basically look like the stock stealth black spokes

But the monkey who built my wheels forgot.... :x

Powder coat, anodize, paint them... Can't be too hard

I might colour mine in with a sharpie

http://www.spokecovers.com
[youtube]O9MOieneuwE[/youtube]
$T2eC16R,!zEE9s3!((qnBRL7mJqHZ!~~60_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SPOKE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cdc6534a1&vxp=mtr
:idea:

arcticfly said:
Next "problem"

I need black spokes for my mc wheel build. I have tried prowheel and some other spoke manufacturers, but they only have chrome or stainless colour. Any Ideas where I can get 128mm 10g BLACK spokes?

Cheers
Alex

Hmm I would rather go for something like this, friday until sunday red covers. Rest of the week blue. Not that stealthy though, just ride fast and hide in the dark:D
SKU097488 (7).JPG
Or you can dip the spokes in black caliper paint.

I would say no to those spoke hoses, looks like kid thing to me.

Home alone today so I prepared two tubes of super lube, hehe.
Thought I would follow up on this, my bike has about 2000km on it by now:
Rix said:
Allex said:
Guys, if I would change the grease in the vboxx, how do I drain the old? It is not oil inside so I assume it will not drop down when I remove the bittom screw like on regular engines! Do you use some kind of cleaning oil first, drain it out and then in with the new grease?

on the back side of the vboxx, there are 5 small screws. Ignore the one in the middle and focus on the two top and two down low. Remove one of the top screws and spray lots of degreaser in it. I use WD40 because its a detergent lube and degreases well. Anyway fill it up and pedal around the block. Then remove the screw on the very bottom and drain it out. It will be very dirty and takes a while so be patient. After, remove the 4 bolts on the back of the VBoxx and squirt about 50ml of grease into each hole. The Vboxx manual calls for 25ml per hole but I found going between 2x and 4x times as much makes the Vboxx much happier. I use Synthetic super lube. Do not use oil. The Vboxx isn't liquid tight and oil will leak out.
Rick
I removed the front sprocket just so I could pedal around easily (without lifting the bike) through all gears when changing grease.
DSC02798.JPG
Remove the top screw(s)
DSC02789.JPG
I used regular Motor Oil 5W40 to clean out the old grease, did not have any WD40 as Rix Suggested. Vboxx manual says to use Motor Oil(Add 50-100ml of thin low viscosity gear oil). So I think I will be fine.
DSC02790.JPG
Pedal. pedal, pedal about 5 minutes. Give the gearbox a good run for a few minutes shifting up and down through all of the gears
Release the bottom screw and drain that dirty oil out.
View attachment 2
I filled each hole with aprox 45ml, did not have anymore Lube.
3oz_super_lube.jpg
Inject the grease into the Vboxx and keep the cranks turning as well as shift up and down through the gears until they're all coated
Clean everything and screw all the screws back.
Pretty easy, fellow Stealthers!

Attachments

• DSC02795.JPG
    DSC02795.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,619
Back