Ebike snowplow

weve been getting hammered with snow/freezing rain and the people in charge of maintaining the bridges havent done any sidewalk snow removal or salting for us that get around on PEV's and need to go over those bridges and use the dedicated biking paths, a total failure every year pretty much.they also very rarely do any kind of sweeping to get rid of the garbage that litters the pathways.

i think there is an opportunity to create a whole new govt tender category to maintain dedicated bicycle/pedestrian routes using customized trikes/bikes that can push/pull already on market attachments like plows/blowers/salters/sweepers.

i always considered my trike my work truck
its just sitting in the corner of the shop with a bent frame waiting for me to decide what to do with it
now i know :D

Dam, fix it. You have been a driving force for me. Don't even agree with your pollical views but enjoy your trike, boat and Ev project's not counting the amount of time you spent on batteries. Come up with a bike battery heater or something. Enjoy your post.
by goatman » Dec 24 2022 5:00pm

weve been getting hammered with snow/freezing rain and the people in charge of maintaining the bridges havent done any sidewalk snow removal or salting for us that get around on PEV's and need to go over those bridges and use the dedicated biking paths, a total failure every year pretty much.they also very rarely do any kind of sweeping to get rid of the garbage that litters the pathways.

i think there is an opportunity to create a whole new govt tender category to maintain dedicated bicycle/pedestrian routes using customized trikes/bikes that can push/pull already on market attachments like plows/blowers/salters/sweepers.

i always considered my trike my work truck
its just sitting in the corner of the shop with a bent frame waiting for me to decide what to do with it
now i know :D

did a quick look
i think what is more practical is one of those ice cream trikes, like a dickie dee style and put 10 nissan leaf modules in it
with an electric snow blower on the front
snow joe has one its 100v/5ah with a 2800 watt motor
https://snowjoe.com/products/snow-joe-ion100v-21sb-brushless-lithium-ion-cordless-variable-speed-single-stage-snowblower-21-inch-100-volt-5-ah
all i need to do is get a 5 to 10 hp gas snowblower with a blown motor
another 7kw motor kit from denzel like what is in my boat to power it
then id need to find something like a StokeMonkey to power the rear tire
https://www.clevercycles.com/blogs/news-and-events/that-red-thing-stokemonkey-is-back/
i just need to get ahold of dickie dees to see if they will sell one of their broken trikes :idea:

Good timing for you in Northern states !
But would seem not very practical, wasting much battery power to move snow to the side.
Much more realistic to fit good snow tires and ride through it.
Keep safe, seasons greetings,…and have a healthy 2023. :bigthumb:

yes, thats why you need a blower, a plow really isnt any good
if you ballpark it at worst case scenario for 5kw, or 100v 50ah you get 1 hour of run time at 5km/h to clear a 24 inch wide path of snow 12 inches deep

Back