El Niño in the newz. Again.

Just starting now, 48 hours of rain predicted.

El Nino Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
******************************************************************************:)

Last edited:
Where did the rain go? Only 0.13 inches in the last 12 hours??? 🤔
and here I was ready to get washed into the sea. Guess it turned north..........

🫤
⚡

About 3.0" here overnight and still coming down hard. Power went off last night for about 3 hours, but I was asleep and didn't really notice until this morning.

Sunny and cool here for now, but Tues/Wed is expected to be rainy again (though not much, maybe half an inch if we're lucky--so far we haven't been, the actual rain has been far less than predicted so far in my area).

Up to 3.75” and rain is just spotty now. But the wind really kicked in and the power went out again.

It’s dinner time so I pulled out the big Fisker battery backup unit to cook some rice.
IMG_4482.jpeg

Well, at least you had a little hot something. Speaking of not so hot the furnace to he house went out. Went out to see why, and the roof was leaking to the heater shed. Looks like I am sleeping in a sweet suit tonight.😤

On the other hand a steady rain came down this evening and whats coming doesn't look to be all that bad for the next few days.

IR Shortwave

Maybe about 4.5” now and the power is still out. My backup battery is below 50% and I hope it holds out until the power comes back on. Pretty much the whole area is without power but I can see some lights a few miles away.

Sounds like they need to do some redesigning of the power lines around there so they can't short out against each other, their poles, or objects nearby, just because the wind kicked up a bit. ;)

And make sure there aren't any objects near the poles or wires that can fall into / onto them either.

You know the old saying be careful what you wish for? We go over 6 inches in the last 16 hours. That is more the 50% or our yearly average. Now I get to go out and attempt a furnace repair in the rain. :mad:🤔

Power finally came back on around midnight. Battery had 30% left, so good there. The internet/cable went out after about 6 hours, which is better than before.

4.5" still in the gauge this morning. Season total 26.7" so far.

Yes, PG&E bandits. Electricity costs so much here that an electric car costs more to run than a gas powered one.

Furnace is back on. It was one of those cheap-ars flat igniters. This one only lasted 14 months which is better then the ones in our $5000 Blue Star gas convection oven. Those igniters maybe last 12 months. The real problem with that thing is that it weighs 250lbs and pulling it from the wall to replace the broiler igniter on the top of the oven is not really on my to do list.

Anyway we go heat again.

:)
⚡

El Nino Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
*************************************************************************************************************:)

53F in Minnesota. snowless. weird.

Last edited:
Settling down around here as well. My mind is now moving to planting veggies.

However, around here we average about 12 inches per year of rain. In the last 7 days we have had 10.5 inches of rain. That's .875% or our yearly average in one week. :unsure::oop:

With a season total to date of 17 inches. That is 147% of our yearly total and we still have 7 months to go before the official rainy season ends and the new one begins.

:)
⚡

Back