eLation 200watt kit (Australia)

Finally bought a new volt meter thingy.

Two Elation v2 kits bought Jan four years ago. Must have been the Elation Christmas Special that did it :arrow: :idea:

Two batteries off the charger:
29.08 v
28.99 v
After 1h20m
28.76 v
28.49 v
After overnight
27.37 v
26.95 v

Interestingly, I bought a new motor and Oro throttle and the orange light almost never comes on (with the same batteries) unlike the Elation setup.
I'm wondering if the new Oros are setup for 24 volts? Makes me a bit worried. :?:
Eclipsebikes assures me the light does come on if worked hard.

I've just had an ISI carrier arrive.
http://www.isi-carriers.com/index.html
The maker tells me these are good for 50kg of bikes and the bikes will survive 6.5 g's on rough roads. That is enough to put the driver into hospital apparently.
He says that the bikes will be ready to go after the hospital stay :shock:

If anyone has a V2 battery mount I might be tempted to build a V2 mountain bike? Maybe one of those new fat tired jobs 8)

These kits look interesting but a tad expensive:
http://www.ego-kits.com/en/motor/

I am from Australia. I used to race bikes and spend many a long day training. Being able to have a kit that can take you the same speeds, would be illegal in astralia with the 200W limit. Bit sad they set it so low. 700 W USA limit would have been compelling for me to get a bike for commuting to work 30 odd ks. But since it is set so low, for practicality I would either just ride my own racer and get to work with a sweat, or ride my 30HP 100km/h + gas burning motorbike for long commutes since most of us use E-bikes simply to get to work and back without taking the car, bus, or train.

Be nice if the Aus government saw the value in not burning fossil fuel and letting us ride bikes that can sit on 35-45 km/h.

So it's been 12 years since I first purchased the kit!

I haven't commute on the bike due to job change but I've kept the battery charged until about 2-3 years ago when my charger died without me knowing.Since then it wouldn't charge even with new charger. Not sure if it's the battery or BMS.

But anyway I simply replaced the pack from Aliexpress:

Capture.JPG

Aside from seized and rusted chain, etc. a quick WD40 fixes everything. Even managed to open the spider gears and regreased them.

Anyway the next journey is to replace all rusted parts, forks etc. which are bike-related. The kit itself needs nothing to do!

Quick vid:

[youtube]GvDjKwuQcTA[/youtube]

Hi,
I have a v3 elation kit to give away if your interested. I am in Brisbane.
I broke off the small cog on the motor shaft, all nuts sheared off, and cant get the bastards out.
That was 6 years ago.
I can send photos if you want or if you know anyone else that wants one.
Other wise it goes to scape metal.
It lasted 2 years before breaking so it paid for its self in petrol or bus fares.
However it was the worst investment I ever made regarding the way the jerk closed up business, no spare parts etc..
Regards,
Rusty.

G'day zx6rj1.
I'm blown away to find another E-lation kit still in use. I have one on my beach cruiser AND I'm in Seaford, just south of Melbourne. Co-incidence or what? It's an early model with the good gears but the BMS was blown & cells dead. Ran Lipo for a while until they caught fire that destroyed the bike. My mistake, didn't know as much about batteries as I thought I did. I rebuilt the bike from the ground up with a safer 7s/6p Li Ion pack. Maybe after lockdown we can do a social ride & compare notes.

AussieRider

G'day zx6rj1.
I'm blown away to find another E-lation kit still in use. I have one on my beach cruiser AND I'm in Seaford, just south of Melbourne. Co-incidence or what? It's an early model with the good gears but the BMS was blown & cells dead. Ran Lipo for a while until they caught fire that destroyed the bike. My mistake, didn't know as much about batteries as I thought I did. I rebuilt the bike from the ground up with a safer 7s/6p Li Ion pack. Maybe after lockdown we can do a social ride & compare notes.

AussieRider

I live in Bonbeach. Maybe we should catch up at Carrum Beach :cool:

G'day mate.
Sounds good to me. Mid winter here, weather's a bit nasty right now but once it warms a bit, maybe next month ( August ) when my balls leave their winter neighbours, my tonsils & head south to their summer home we can meet outside the Carrum lifesaving club. Any other local ES people's welcome too.

AussieRider

Back