• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Electric bicycle

N1RoX

1 µW
Hello, i want to build myself electric bicylce, and I have problem, the motor turn on only then when starting pedalling, what to do, that motor turn on when i press the button or turning speed knob. Thank you.

Engine is 24v, and yes there is a sensor, and I want to trick the sensor, that engine work even then when I'm not pedalling, that is possible ? In sensor coming 3 wires.

Hey I'm not much help directly, but maybe if you update your profile with location and mention your native language, there will likely be some folks around who can help you without translation

Edit: Also, pictures always help

I have never worked on PAS sensor so I do not know if there is a way to modify it to work.
I am guessing you mean like touching 2 wires together or something? I do not believe that would work.
You can get cheap throttle on ebay or here if you search depending on where you are located.
Then you can setup your bike for throttle control.

Hope that helps.

Well I have some photos of the sensor. It is possible to trick it or not ?

Attachments

• sdfsfsfad.jpg
    sdfsfsfad.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,227
Take a voltmeter to the Sensor and see what voltage the meter reads when the sensor is open/closed. Maybe it can be done with a switch at the handlebar to give you full PAS speed when the switch engage. Other then that my knowledge on PAS is very limited. I know some sensor work on magnets and sense them rotating around and the faster it rotate the more amps the controller feeds the motor.

So lets say when the magnet pass the sensor then the sensor is reading 0 volt, and 4-5 volts when a magnet is in range of the sensor. Now if you just touch the 2 wires to feed 4-5 volts when you want then you can trick the controller to act as full throttle but I am just guessing here. If it works by reading frequency of how fast the magnet turns then I do not know how to trick it unless you can a device to send that same frequency to thru the cable to trick the controller. If the controller has a plug for a throttle then you can always get a throttle on ebay to give you that direct throttle you want.

Thank you for answers, I think I just buy a new cheap controller and that's it. I tried to touch 2 wires, but nothing happens. It's possible to trick it with magnets on the front wheel, but the best way is to buy cheap controller ant thortle. Thank you again ! :)

Back