Electric tractor motors

In china they use these axles on their 3 wheelers to haul massive amounts of cargo.

They are geared down and have a differential. I suppose this could do the trick, one might be enough but maybe two would be best.

Attachments

• Electric tricycle motor differential rear axle assembly teeth package high-power electric engi...jpg
    Electric tricycle motor differential rear axle assembly teeth package high-power electric engi...jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 100
I can guarantee you that this driven axle won't last.
My former boss wrecked about 5 of those carrying medium loads.
The axle snaps every few weeks lol

That's weird.
Those are used all around China for the past decades, I've seen them carry some impressive amounts of stuff.

I'm not saying that they are indestructible of course, but if there were so bad then people would have probably stopped using them by now.
I guess different brands maybe.

Hehe, I think you guys underestimate how much a chinese farmer can stuff in their tuk tuks. :wink: :lol:
1800W is just the first image I found, some much more powerful versions exist :)
If you feel like two motors isn't enough then just use ten of these and make a tank ! :wink:

But joke aside, if you feel like power won't be enough then you can go for a golf cart axle+motor. I can guarantee this will work for sure.
Last year I've been to a resort hotel in the mountains, they were using big golf carts to transport the tourists to their bungalows. Each golf cart could seat 10 ppl plus their luggages, and it was able to go to the top of the mountain with no effort, despite some very impressive steep inclines.
It was doing that all day long, 365 days a year.

Sure, since it is asked so "nicely", with no sarcasm at all :lol:

This one is rated for a 3 ton payload, according to the manufacturer.
I can't really link anything since it's taobao, it mostly doesn't work outside of china. But you can usually find the same stuff on aliexpress.
Still think it is such a ridiculous idea?

Attachments

• Electric tricycle rear axle assembly motor drum brake disc brake four-wheeler high-power engin...jpg
    Electric tricycle rear axle assembly motor drum brake disc brake four-wheeler high-power engin...jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
Maybe something like this with a higher power/torque motor and that 57:1 reduction,.. could work !
https://lectstyle.en.made-in-china.com/product/HKwQEMFvSiWj/China-24V-1-2W-3-0kw-Power-Differentiating-Transaxles-on-Electric-Milk-Taxi-Trailer-or-Electric-Street-Sweeper.html
Which is basicly whaat i said about 5 posts back .

Hillhater said:
Maybe something like this with a higher power/torque motor and that 57:1 reduction,.. could work !
https://lectstyle.en.made-in-china.com/product/HKwQEMFvSiWj/China-24V-1-2W-3-0kw-Power-Differentiating-Transaxles-on-Electric-Milk-Taxi-Trailer-or-Electric-Street-Sweeper.html
Which is basicly whaat i said about 5 posts back .

Yeah, too bad you didn't post a link back then.
"It might have been useful", as some philosopher once said to me. :wink: :lol:

Dui said:
"It might have been useful", as some philosopher once said to me. :wink: :lol:

BAhahahahhahahahahahahahahah ahahhahahaha hahahahaha AHAHAHahaha ABAHABAHAaHBHbAhbahabahabahahahah.

Good one. That does look like a very strong axle.

Go hydraulic: hook the electric BLDC motor to the hydraulic pump and have 2 hydraulic motors to the axles to get four wheel drive.

Back