EM3ev vs Luna Batteries and Kits

Quality I see everyday, this Liquid Wolf.
Rugged by design, constructed like 'mil-spec' aircraft componentry.
Liquid_Wolf.JPG

Stealth_Chopper said:
Quality I see everyday, this Liquid Wolf.
Rugged by design, constructed like 'mil-spec' aircraft componentry.
Still waiting for the Pup! Though I do have a Wolf pack also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EM3ev battery update....

I was having trouble getting one of my parallel strings to balance correctly....never could get it to fully charge.

EM3ev sent me a replacement battery eventually so IMO they are awesome.

Decided to see what I could do with the battery that wouldn't completely balance...ended up going in and unplugging the balance lead and charging the individual strings seperately with a voltage supply and limiting the charging amperage to 2A. Monitored closely to ensure I did not exceed 4.2 volts while charging. Amazingly after manually charging each string to 4.2v, everything is working perfect and the string that wouldn't balance is charging up to the same voltage as all of the others.

If you attempt what I described above be careful! A metal (Li) fire is no joke and you and your property can be severely damaged or destroyed if you go too high with the amperage or the voltage!

markz said:
thender said:

I ordered some stuff from Luna (California USA) and I figured in the hidden cost of $44cdn FedEx Ground fee for international shipping to Canada from USA. I just wanted it sooner then months later (CycloneTW - China)

A few months ago there was another thread posted from a Canadian ES user asking about Luna and FedEx, I am too lazy to find the post. What happens with Canadians using FedEx ground from USA to CAD is you receive the shipment from Luna, and about 1 month later you get a happy letter in the mail from FedEx asking for additional C$44, its happened to me twice, the first time was a learning experience, the second time I knew the true cost.

The current problem I have is I cant get the Cyclone 4kw mounting plate off the BB on one side. It maybe just that the BB removal tool isnt long enough to get over the axle, thats why the BB tool barely fits in. I will be out of action for another 3 weeks and with covid prolonging over seas shipments who knows how long Cyclone Taiwan will take.

Luna, i used amazon pay thinking everything was covered, 6 months later i got my bill from fedex for $60, after the costs of converting usd to cad, shipping and broker fees a $125 usd charger cost me $270 cad.

when i had a simple question about the charger, i emailed Luna and they knew nothing about it....

Actually, their first reply was that i broke it and it wasnt under warranty :shock:
then when i replied back that it wasnt broken....
thats when they said they knew nothing about it

shouldve just bought the Cycle Satiator

goatman said:
when i had a simple question about the charger, i emailed Luna and they knew nothing about it....

Actually, their first reply was that i broke it and it wasnt under warranty :shock:
then when i replied back that it wasnt broken....
thats when they said they knew nothing about it
Sorry, wish there was a better resolution, but that is funny :lol:
At least the way you reported it here is funny to read :D

goatman said:
you receive the shipment from Luna, and about 1 month later you get a happy letter in the mail from FedEx asking for additional C$44, its happened to me twice, the first time was a learning experience, the second time I knew the true cost.

How is this a Luna issue?

tomjasz said:
goatman said:
you receive the shipment from Luna, and about 1 month later you get a happy letter in the mail from FedEx asking for additional C$44, its happened to me twice, the first time was a learning experience, the second time I knew the true cost.

i was replying to markz, were both in Canada

if youre Canadian and buy from Luna, theres another bill coming, any other company ive purchased from in the USA or the UK, theres been no fedex bill months later, its already factored in.

Yes, us Canadians have both received bills months later to pay an extra fee from FedEx for shipping from Luna in California.
I remember raising a stink with FedEx and they said its because it was shipped by FedEx Ground.

goatman said:
tomjasz said:
goatman said:

i was replying to markz, were both in Canada EH

if youre Canadian and buy from Luna, theres another bill coming, any other company ive purchased from in the USA or the UK, theres been no fedex bill months later, its already factored in.

So ??ANY?? FedEx shipment is affected? I'm struggling to understand how this could be limited to Luna.

if im on a site and go to the check-out to pay
everything is paid for at that time
thats it, no more fees

if i want to buy a 18650 battery from Georgia
at check out itll be $4 for the battery and $25 for shipping
at check out the real price is $29 for that battery
no more bills
so at that moment i can say screw it, im not paying $29 for a $4 battery
or
i can buy 100 cells for $3 and pay $25 for shipping
or $3.25/battery delivered to my door

at Luna
i buy the charger and pay for shipping like everywhere else
i receive the package then a couple months later, out of the blue, you get another bill
Luna is the only one that doesnt include the real price of everything at the check-out

if i knew i would have to pay another $60 2 months later for a $125 item
i wouldnt have bought it.

every now and then ill get an email from Amazon saying theyve refunded my bank account because they had over charged on the shipping/customs/duty.

I can't remember if I chose USPS or FedEx when I ordered and received the $40usd import fee from FedEx.
USPS might hand it off to FedEx.

goatman said:
if im on a site and go to the check-out to pay
everything is paid for at that time
thats it, no more fees

if i want to buy a 18650 battery from Georgia
at check out itll be $4 for the battery and $25 for shipping
at check out the real price is $29 for that battery
no more bills
so at that moment i can say screw it, im not paying $29 for a $4 battery
or
i can buy 100 cells for $3 and pay $25 for shipping
or $3.25/battery delivered to my door

at Luna
i buy the charger and pay for shipping like everywhere else
i receive the package then a couple months later, out of the blue, you get another bill
Luna is the only one that doesnt include the real price of everything at the check-out

if i knew i would have to pay another $60 2 months later for a $125 item
i wouldnt have bought it.

every now and then ill get an email from Amazon saying theyve refunded my bank account because they had over charged on the shipping/customs/duty.

i cant remember the purchase/shipping but i do remember using Amazon pay

heres whats funny
if i order from grin and need it delivered 40km's to my house, i think it was $50 for delivery
but i can order from Amazon.com and it will cost me only $8.33 shipping and no import fees
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pole-PAS-Sensor-CA3/dp/B07BNCYTLT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=grin+technologies&qid=1618963847&sr=8-1

Grin used to have more stuff on Amazon, i swear the cycle satiator was but not anymore

I have always found the shipping prices from Grin to Alberta were always very reasonable. I even checked out how much it was to ship a bare hub motor and I was surprised at how much it was, very reasonable prices IMHO. Now if you want to purchase connectors and get it shipped now thats a different story. My local electronics store has a minimum of $10 shipping to anywhere in Canada with prices going up as size and weight goes up. A big $600 Pelican case is $35 shipped within same city, and double to ship across Canada. 50lbs 29"W X 13"L X 13"D) VOLUME 80QT TAN
But a bare hub motor from grintech is $26 s/h across Canada.

goatman said:
i cant remember the purchase/shipping but i do remember using Amazon pay

heres whats funny
if i order from grin and need it delivered 40km's to my house, i think it was $50 for delivery
but i can order from Amazon.com and it will cost me only $8.33 shipping and no import fees
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pole-PAS-Sensor-CA3/dp/B07BNCYTLT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=grin+technologies&qid=1618963847&sr=8-1

Grin used to have more stuff on Amazon, i swear the cycle satiator was but not anymore

Boatman, I despise Luna. But it’s not them. Get a grip.

Back