• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

EMC-600 charger modification.

electricbike

100 W
Hi. Just started a minor mod of my EMC-6000 charger. Thought it should be nice to have a display to show
some data, volt and amp and chargecycles maybe. Think i will do the 3 switch mod to, 100%, 90%, 50% charge.

lcd-charger-1.jpg

lcd-charger-2.jpg

lcd-charger-3.jpg

Do you have a link to the modification?

If you could easily do the 3 switch, then could you maybe do a 5 to 6 switch mod too. Like lets say if someone wanted 100%, 95%, 90%, 85% and 50%, then perhaps a wildcard, 97.5% setting?

The reason I ask, is so you could use the same charger for different chemsitries, or maybe different packs at different voltages. I've always been interested in that idea, the thought of the Satiator is great, but the cost is a lot.

--------------------------------------------

I have looked at these chargers on BMS Battery, their site says they can be used with Li-Ion, LiFePO4, and Lead Acid. From what I can tell, you specify the voltage you need when you order, which in turn narrows your chemistry. I like the C1000 unit for $69usd but the s/h is pretty expensive. I like your 3 voltage idea.

For sure, do a write up with a few pictures.... that would be great.

Long time no see! i discovered that my old username "electricbike" was banned for some strange reason?
But i will soon put up how i did this EMC-600 charger modification, 2-1/2 years later :D

Back