• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

EV sonic 7 kit car

Well after 3 toilet stops before I left home and 2 more before the race started I finally got over my nerves and did the Cooma Hillclimb.
The car went great no dramas and plenty of power.
My first run was 52 seconds drive a road at 60kph is one thing but when you race it at 140kph the road sure does change a lot.

Second run was 49 seconds which was my final run for the day as I had family commitments.
I thought for my first race in over 19 years and only 8 seconds behind the winner I did OK :p

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 3,174
Cowardlyduck said:
That's so awesome mate :!: :mrgreen:
Absolutely loving the sideways action round some of those corners. Can really tell your not pussy footin around!

I very nearly came down today to watch, but the family was sick...wish I could have come.

Cheers

Thanks CD

It would have been great to catch up

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck said:
Just watched it again, so awesome. :)

Youtube killed the quality even at 1080p. You should put the original up on Vimeo...at such a short length the quality should be heaps better.

Cheers

Yes the original looks awesome and it still gives me a buzz when I watch it please feel free to share video

Cheers Kiwi

So if I do keep the Sonic I will probably build up a roof like this maybe a tight squeeze to get in and out of :twisted:

Cheers Kiwi

Merry Christmas all ES members :D :D

Attachments

• Sonic7-t-bar.jpg
    Sonic7-t-bar.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,030
ToDay i had my kitcar sonic 7 running at only 50kw from the 350kw. Haha That was fun already !!!

Cowardlyduck said:
Here's some footage from Summernats 2016.
I wasn't there...just threw this together quickly for Kiwiev. Enjoy. :D

Cheers

CD you are a Bloody Legend mate nice job on a short notice.

Here are some pics a big thanks to Tony and crazy Al who covered me on Saturday and Sunday they got smashed with people checking our EVs out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,898
  • IMG_2336.JPG
    IMG_2336.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,898
Bazaki said:
Do you know the horsepower ? At what kw input ?

So I was imputing 1100 amps at a sag voltage of 130 = 143kw approx with losses we were seeing 138hp at the wheels but the best bit was the torque :mrgreen: 1400 ft/lb at the wheels at 48 rpm yeehaaaaaa!!!!!!

Cheers Kiwi

Very nice, at these powerlevels EV has al lot of losses, but you get something back for this instead.( lots of instant torque) I'm sure in real life a 138 hp ICE enigine would be much
slower.

My Sonic had a 120 hp ford motor when I bought it, and last friday I drove a few hunderd meters at 130v at 400A with 8 AWG !!! battery wires and it was so much fun ! And off the line so much faster ! I have a Honda Integra type R gearbox with 90% LSD. So lot's of grip too.

1452521432270_305613481.jpg

Cant show the picture very good. This is Just for test riding 16kwh lithium kostov 11 alpha motor soliton 1.

A gearbox for safety ( clutch ) and for reverse and find the best gear ratio, probably 3th or 4th gear will be good enough.

Now I need to find an electric shift kit, under the car is no space for the original shifting tubes

Bazaki said:
A gearbox for safety ( clutch ) and for reverse and find the best gear ratio, probably 3th or 4th gear will be good enough.

Now I need to find an electric shift kit, under the car is no space for the original shifting tubes

what batteries are you using?

Cheers Kiwi

So the RMS came out to check that the Sonic was real now they want to look over the engineering even thou the engineer has signed off.

Maybe it will be street legal by winter :evil:

Cheers Kiwi

Back