Evo 1000 upgrade path, need suggestions.

cq842000

1 µW
Hey everybody I'm new here and new to E-scooters, but have worked extensively with electronics, drones, RC cars, etc.

As it were, I recently acquired an Evo 1000 watt scooter and I'd like to have two upgrade paths with some input from the community, one in the short term and one for the long term. I've already performed a shunt mod and while this did induce a positive change, obviously the 12Ah SLA batteries are a bottleneck.

I'm not too interested in all out wheelies from a stop performance, but I'd like to be able to send 50A to the brushed motor at 36v. I've already ordered 2x 5s 10Ah Lipo bricks and fully intend to get two more for 37v-42v @ 20Ah with external cell voltage monitors.

For the short term, I'd like to get the gear ratio to 11t/64t to handle any terrain, push 50A to the motor at 36v (anyone got a good speed controller in mind?), and most of all, anyone got a line on a good multi lipo bms?

I really need to start with a good controller that won't break the bank, because as I said this is just for the short term. Also, what is the max voltage I should be aiming for with this motor? I plan to go 1.6kW -3kW brushless in the future with some mild overvolting once I do, but first I need to see what the best can be for my current setup.

Back