Fatal ebike crash trial

markz said:
Hillhater said:
torker said:
Dan mentioned phones. They should put an a sensor so if the phone detects "any" movement the screen goes blank. You need directions, pull over.
And what about when you want to use it on a train or a bus ?

Or passenger seat of a vehicle.

While we are on the topic, why not have movie theaters automatically turn off the cell phone when they enter the theater.

Good points. Hmm. Auto manufacturers would have to be involved. 🤔 what a difference 25 yrs makes..

Hmm, you mean in Australia and elsewhere, passengers can be consuming alcohol having a grand old time while traveling in the vehicle

so long as the driver passes the blood test?

john61ct said:

Most likely a mobile, roadside, breath analyzer test
and/or a "walk the line" roadside stroll.

------------------

Calgary, Alberta, Canada just implemented a new law where by every single traffic stop you will be breath tested with a mobile tester. Its not Alberta wide, just certain jurisdictions. Sidenote, in Airdrie, Alberta, a stones throw North from Calgary. A man had a medical problem, frocking pigs thought he was drunk, threw him in the drunk tank, he had multiple siezures and now suffers and is sueing for $6M. Not only wrongful arrest and inprisonment, but also no one looking after the inmate. Thing is he probably didnt even smell of booze. The soon to be rich millionaire told the pigs to give him the breath test, pigs said they dont have to. Crazy!

As for open liquor container, I dunno, but Limo's have open booze but those limo's have a divider so that could be apart of the jargon legislated. What about people returning booze bottles to bottle depot, they are open containers. I know there's been a few pinched on that, no doubt at all on that.

john61ct said:
Hmm, you mean in Australia and elsewhere, passengers can be consuming alcohol having a grand old time while traveling in the vehicle

Yes, but most countries as well as far as I know. Here the old bill would take a dim view of a driver swigging from a can of special brew while behind the wheel. If you pass the breathalyser you'd likely be charged with driving without due care and attention for not holding the wheel properly.

I guess a limo is a special type of vehicle under US law. Perhaps it needs to have a partition between driver and passengers. It probably helps that law makers are more likely to have a car and driver and like to sit in the back enjoying a brandy ;)

Back