finished my build!

amberwolf said:
Returnformer said:
yeah, thats where i figured. i would still cover with a bag whenever theres rain/mud so that the battery stays clean. especially on the underside and without a good mud guard.
You may also wish to use dieelectric grease (like the packets you get with a new car battery for the terminals) on the contacts where battery case and base mate up. You can use that in all your connections, too, for any that are not already waterproof.

thanks. luna had recommended that as well, when i had an issue with the contacts frying after getting snow on them. i ordered some.

markz said:
We are all lazy to some extent or another, thats just human nature. I pedal to get going and I pedal on the hills but I also every once in a while fake pedal or some like to call it ghost pedaling. Do it when there are certain people around, or when you get the head turners. I had one today, gazed at me for a good 20+ seconds as I passed from in front of them to behind them about 40' off to the side. Then there are times I say to the other struggling cyclist up a hill "You gotta go electric" as I zoom on by them.

hah, yeah, i love blowing by all the guys on the chinese bikes. sometimes ill alter my route to do so...

miro13car said:
this luggage rack is really high up making whole thing wobbly.
but battery placement is excellent for law center of gravity.

its where its gotta be to be even... :/

momus3 said:
I know what you mean about an eBike giveing you the range to explore new parts of the city. I go all over Tucson, which is really spread out, and haven't needed to get on a bus (thank goodness w/ this virus) or call uber to fetch stuff.

You might want to consider one of these Wald baskets like the one below for the rear vs the milk crate.

yeah, i try to avoid public trans as much as possible.

i have a wald rack in the front. i dont mind the visibility of the milk crate, but i do like that its got smaller holes than the basket. i could theoretically get a half size milk crate, but im not sure it would be big enough for my needs. i sometimes get light but bulky things, like bags of chips etc. so far i dont think ive felt the basket really affecting performance.

Back