FLIGHT MH370, Missing JET

Punx0r said:
I thought the U.S. were backing Ukraine??? :?

Transfered nationalism, just as bad as any other type of over inflated nationalism. I think this might be the pacifist variety which is quite insidious. George Orwell wrote an excellent essay on the subject.

Punx0r said:
I thought the U.S. were backing Ukraine??? :?
The current administration in the US is supporting the Kiev gov. The Vice President of the US, Joe Biden, has a son , Hunter Biden who works for one of the Ukraine billionaires, so there is a conflict of interest in the upper part of the US gov. It's similar to the recent conflict of former Vice President, Dick Cheney being the former head of Halliburton, a major military contractor for the US.
Many people in the US do not have the same allegiances as the controlling group of our gov. IOW, Americans, many of them, do not blindly follow these rich people.
Patriotic Americans are anti Nazi, and consequently are against the Neo-Nazis currently in power in Kiev. Moreover, in this case, Americans should also remember they are friends with the Dutch, who where our allies during WWII. The Dutch were the ones who suffered the most from the MH17 shoot-down. Most of the victims were of that nationality.
Ukraine was divided during WWII into a pro-Nazi element and an anti-Nazi element.
The US was allies with Russia against the Nazis in WWII, but after that war, although Nazis continued to be derided in the US culture as a defeated group, the US gov pivoted turning against Russia for the Cold War and embraced the remnants of the Nazis in Europe as perhaps helpful allies. However, the Cold War was never fought, and it basically ended when the Soviet Union dissolved down to current Russia in '91.
Personally, I base my opinions on how the females look.
[youtube]XX4JCQViRKg[/youtube]

"Investigators looking into the fatal crash of AirAsia Flight 8501 believe the co-pilot was at the controls before the jet went into a dangerously fast climb, two people familiar with the probe said.

Indonesian authorities, these people said, are delving into what factors may have surprised or confused the first officer — who was much less experienced than the captain — and caused the nose of the Airbus A320 to point upward at an unusually steep angle while the plane’s computerized stall-protection systems either malfunctioned or were disengaged.

The Airbus A320 lost forward airspeed during its rapid climb, stalled and then crashed into the water below.

After spending more than two weeks analyzing twin black-box recorders, investigators believe First Officer Rémi-Emmanuel Plesel, a French national born in the Caribbean territory of Martinique, was flying the aircraft as it maneuvered to avoid a storm cell on Dec. 28 en route to Singapore from Surabaya, Indonesia. Turbulence or updrafts are suspected of contributing to the plane’s dramatic climb, but investigators continue to examine the interaction of pilot commands and computer-controlled flight systems during the climb and subsequent descent.

Repeated automated stall warnings were captured on the cockpit-voice recorder as the co-pilot and captain struggled unsuccessfully to regain control of the jet, investigators have said."

dnmun said:
".
Repeated automated stall warnings were captured on the cockpit-voice recorder as the co-pilot and captain struggled unsuccessfully to regain control of the jet, investigators have said."
Am I wrong in thinking that these aircraft also have automated "stall PREVENTION" as well as stall warning alarms ?

My understanding is that automatic stall prevention only works in normal flight mode. If a fault has occurred that prevents the autopilot from operating then the auto-stall doesn't work.

i watched the NOVA special on MH370 recently and learned a lot about how they ended up getting those doppler shift location data points from the INMARSAT satellite.

they interviewed the engineer who came up with the location data. the doppler shift comes from the known accurate time of the transmissions when the satellite pinged the plane. it turns out that the time was never recorded when INMARSAT collected data for their files from these pings.

this engineer recognized that the data was not being stored so he actually asked his boss if he could rewrite the file data collection to include the time of the ping. he did this about 6 months before the loss of 370. without that data there would have never been a single clue about the location.

it may turn out that the locations were misinterpretations too and the pilot may have actually taken a more westerly route directly out into the middle of the indian ocean which would have put the plane further north and much further west than originally thought. i doubt if the southerly search will continue now also. this would help account for the drift to reunion island.

The Rolls Royce engineer's were correct about the location in the Indian Ocean.

Seeing as everything is speculation at this point my money is on the pilot deliberately killing everyone on board. I've only seen three photos of the man on-line and in two of them he is showing contempt - which is never a good sign for such a small sample.

the flaperon was not significantly damaged except only along the trailing edge. this implies that the plane did not plummet from high altitude but the pilot was able to land the plane in the ocean and with the flaps fully extended down only the lowest edge of the flaperon would have torn off as is visible in the picture. if the plane had struck with velocity the flaperon would have disintegrated along with the other parts of the plane.

now they have discovered the door also. normally the door is locked into the fuselage with extremely sturdy latches which would not have failed when the plane impacted the water at the low speed it now appears to have struck while the pilot was landing on the open water.

this implies that the plane landed on the water and then the cabin door was opened with the plane intact so the plane then sank totally intact except for these flaps that broke off on impact and the door later separated from the fuselage as the plane sank.

so the plane is intact and at the bottom. so not a large number of debris which is why none is turning up in the search.

perhaps the scenario involves the passengers having been overcome by anoxia when the cabin was depressurized at altitude so the entire passenger compartment would have had dead or disabled passengers and pilot exited the cockpit and then opened the cabin door himself to allow the plane to sink intact. he would know that without debris there is almost no way to locate the plane.

dnmun said:
the flaperon was not significantly damaged except only along the trailing edge. this implies that the plane did not plummet from high altitude but the pilot was able to land the plane in the ocean and with the flaps fully extended down only the lowest edge of the flaperon would have torn off as is visible in the picture. if the plane had struck with velocity the flaperon would have disintegrated along with the other parts of the plane.

now they have discovered the door also. normally the door is locked into the fuselage with extremely sturdy latches which would not have failed when the plane impacted the water at the low speed it now appears to have struck while the pilot was landing on the open water.

this implies that the plane landed on the water and then the cabin door was opened with the plane intact so the plane then sank totally intact except for these flaps that broke off on impact and the door later separated from the fuselage as the plane sank.

so the plane is intact and at the bottom. so not a large number of debris which is why none is turning up in the search.

perhaps the scenario involves the passengers having been overcome by anoxia when the cabin was depressurized at altitude so the entire passenger compartment would have had dead or disabled passengers and pilot exited the cockpit and then opened the cabin door himself to allow the plane to sink intact. he would know that without debris there is almost no way to locate the plane.
So you're saying the pilot successfully executed a sea landing of a 777?

several analysts have also commented now that the lack of damage to the flaperon indicates a low speed soft landing on the surface of the ocean.

when they do the structural analysis of the failure modes they can comment on how far down the flaperon was set and that should show the flaperon was set to full flaps indicative of a slow speed landing.

dnmun said:
several analysts have also commented now that the lack of damage to the flaperon indicates a low speed soft landing on the surface of the ocean.

when they do the structural analysis of the failure modes they can comment on how far down the flaperon was set and that should show the flaperon was set to full flaps indicative of a slow speed landing.
Yeah and it probably explains why they haven't found any other chunky bits that would of been floating around if it was a more high impact destructive crash...
I wonder if that means that if its repetitively in tact then does that mean it could say be just kind of submerged 150 meters below the water surface like a half dead submarine? Maybe its actually not far away from Reunion island but just hiding under the water surface.

the INMARSAT pings were able to isolate the track the plane followed those last 6 hours so there is a the strong possibility the planes is relatively intact at the bottom of the sea off the west coast.

what is not known is if the pilot actually continued to follow that track after the engines flamed out the last time and the satellite receiver pinged the plane one last time in the handshake when the planes electronics turned back on during the power reset after the last source of power was lost and the the external rear turbine had dropped out of the fuselage and powered up the electronics bay one last time.

if the pilot was at cruising altitude of 30,000 feet then he could have turned the plane due east or west and put the plane almost 100 miles off of the course predicted from the INMARSAT pings.

the 777 would have been very light now with all fuel expended and could have glided for almost 100 miles off the course predicted. that is the big unknown, if the pilot did make that one last confusing act to throw the search off and i think it is possible that he did because of the methodical and educated way in which he proceeded to take the plane into obscurity.

you can almost feel the elation the pilot felt when he was able to soft land the huge aircraft in such a remote region and the huge letdown he would have felt when there was nothing else for him to do anymore, except sink.

If we assume an ambition to glide as far as possible and land in a controlled manner, was there a preferred direction of travel due to wind conditions?

no way to know that. in fact i suspect the pings were not something the pilot was aware of and i know for certain that he did not know that the INMARSAT engineer had talked his boss into letting him add the ping timing to their data logging.

so i think the pilot was well aware of all the flight controls and electronics that would have allowed him to be tracked.

he deliberately flew along the edge of controlled airspace and someone has commented about how he made a long slow turn around sumatra so he could watch his homeland out the window one last time.

but once the engines had flamed out the one last time, (some think the engines may have restarted several times as the fuel sloshed around the tanks as the flight stability was affected by the yawing of the plane as the engine thrust changed abruptly), so there may have been no reason for him to think he needed to do anything but see how far he could make the plane go with no fuel. so maybe he did adjust course then to get support from wind direction.

That's what I was thinking. If the last ping was from around the time the fuel ran out, if weather conditions are known for that location and we assume he took advantage of them to glide and land, the investigators may be able to identify a probably landing area.

as you know the last ping was not on the hour, but was the 8:15 time, about 15 minutes after the last one.

the theory is that all power had been lost by then and that when the turbine extended out into the air stream after total loss of power then that reset during power up under the external turbine generator was what caused the last ping to be generated as the plane sent up it's reset handshake.

but it is clear to me he milked it for every mile he could and most probably did not extend flaps until the last minute but if he needed power to extend the flaps then that may have changed his gliding trajectory too because he would need to do that before losing all power.

How do you make any kind of "controlled" or even "low impact" landing , if you have no power and hence no controls.?
The glide distance may be high (100+miles) , but so would the sink/fall rate.
Gliding 100 mile's from 30k ft (@300mph ?) implies a sink rate greater than , say1500 ft/min...25ft/sec..hardly a survive able "ditching" rate !
That's even assuming the plane remained level and flat without controls, and reasonable wave conditions.
In order to have any chance of keeping it in one piece. (if that was the intention?) , it would have to be ditched whilst there was still power for controls.

Back