found new cheap site for BMS, LiFePO4 & charger up to 18000W

cycle9 said:
I'm not going to get into badmouthing a company much, but I met these people when I was in China, and I can say that I have lost money to them.

From their pushy sales tactics, I'm starting to have doubts about them as well. I've rec'd about 6 followup emails since my last communication with them, all asking for dimensions so they can start building the pack. In sales this is known as the "impending event" tactic, or at least a variant thereon, and is normally a red flag that the product may not be as advertised - if it were, the product should speak for itself and not require a lot of pushy salesmanship.

Many thanks for the heads-up, Cycle9; I'm not trying to bash anybody either, but as buyers I think we have a right to know what's going on with these companies.

Hmmm :?

I though it could be a great compagny, but now i doubt me too..

thanks for sharing your own experience with them.. :wink: we need that.

I also had a email reply from them asking for more specifications about what i need... they never took any way to move my choice to one dedicated product... i'll search more on other ev forum and ask them for their experience with them..

Doc

Many thanks for the heads-up, Cycle9; I'm not trying to bash anybody either, but as buyers I think we have a right to know what's going on with these companies.

<post deleted by author>

Cycle9,,, Are we still talking about the E city power compagny?

Cause I wonder if i should order a sample from them.. theyr 18Ah 36V pack + 400W charger.

The communications i finally had with them seems ok.

They sent me what i wanted to know with every details...

They have cheap price i admit and buying a sample from them could be a great idea... i'll try to convince them to send me a low cost or free sample for test to show on this forum.

18Ah 36V 3C + 1.5hour charger for 414 usd seems interesting to me... I contacted golden motor and their battery product is too expensive for the quality we get i think.

I search for 6 battery 36V 15Ah + fast charger in a compact format (like pouch) for around 400usd each.

Here is a part of our conversations:

(note all the A1 to A14 was the answers to every questions i asked them)

Hi Stéphane

good day and thank you for your email.

my name is Tom,work for MR Jack,I handle this case now.the following r the products you interest in.

EV 3615LP(36V15AH,"1181245"cell):measure(13.2cm*8.1cm*24.5cm),FOB price usd 270,(BMS-AR : USD 16) or (bms-AE :USD 37)
EV 3618LP(36V18AH,"7070260"cell):measure(16.8cm*7.0cm*26cm),FOB price usd 324,(BMS-AR :USD 16) or (bms-AE :USD 37)
400W charger is usd 53
case is USD 15

Model Thick Width High Cap. C- Rate Life Wt. Z(mΩ) Chem

1181245 11 81 245 15 3C 2000 420 ≤10 LiFePO4

7070260 7 70 260 9 3C 2000 260 ≤15 LiFePO4

A1.our brand is "ecitypower", own brand,the cells r from our factory,OEM is ok.
A2.max discharging current is 3C(15AH*3,18AH*3),burst current is 6C.pls check the specifiacion of cells in this email.
A2.5. 3C
A3.they r rectangular cells insde the packs.pls check the pics in this email.
A4.EV3615LP(12cells in series), EV3618LP(2cells in parrallel--1 set,then 12 sets in series)
A5.pls check the pics in this email
A6.pls check the pics of mounting in ebike.
A7.yes,the case is waterproof,can be used in the raining day.pls check the pics.
A8.our cells and chargers have CE
A9.warranty time is 1year,stil have no sales in north america,just few clients bought some samples there.
A10.max charging current is 1C,EP-400w charger is ok.(charging time is 1.4 hour for EV3615,1.6 hour for EV3618)
A11.yes,when the LED is red,indicate the charger is working ,the LED show "green" when full charge.
A12.yes,THE BMS has the funtion of protect batteries from the "short circuit",it will cut off the power in 20ms
A13.these r the best price,pls compare it with others',we wil give you some discount when the order is over 100sets.
maybe you could buy some samples,and test our quality,hope you be satified with them ,and make long business relationship with you.
If have any requirements pls let me know.

br
tom
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ecity Power Co., Ltd.

Address:Room 28B,267 Wushan Road, Tianhe District,GuangZhou,China
Tel:+86-13751190384,020-38481661
Fax:020-38481121 Postcode:510630
E_mail:sales2@ecitypower.com

MSN:twlove_7@hotmail.com

Attachments

• 15Ah(EP1181245)[1].doc
    127.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 400W CHARGER.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,215
  • case2[1].jpg.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,213
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,214
  • High-Quality-BMS.jpg
    High-Quality-BMS.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 3,808
  • LiFePO4-Polymer-Cells.jpg
    LiFePO4-Polymer-Cells.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,797
I ordered a EP-B charger from these guys and accidentally overpaid them. No problem, they IMMEDIATELY refunded the excess and the charger is as advertised and i couldn't be happier.

Well now you have someone that has RECENT dealings with people that actually work there, and is happy with the result.

As for warranties offered by chinese EV companies DUH! LifeBatt offer warranties don't they?

Gow864 said:
I ordered a EP-B charger from these guys

I was told by them that the EP-B has an external dial to adjust voltage. Care to confirm? Any other thoughts on this charger? I'm on the fence, but would like to buy one from them. Thanks!

I am very interested in the charger too. Any chance you could post some photos for us?

Doctorbass said:
Cycle9,,, Are we still talking about the E city power compagny?

Yes, same company. Jack Xie is the owner. I won't discuss this further, or respond to the other poster who was insulting.

You may have better luck than we did.

So, good luck :)

Tonight i had a great discussion with Tom from E-city Power.

3 hour of conversation on skype.

I investigated on the quality of their products and how they are made.

Tom is an employe of Jack.

He took time to answer every of my questions and had satisfying answers.

That sound's good to me from now :wink:

I asked many question to the BMS and battery constructon and tolerance and current rating of their BMS. and some questoin on the CE approval to know if it is really CE or China Export like wikipedia remind about many chineese compagny that show the CE sticker but the signification sometimes does not mean the the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking does certify that a product has met EU consumer safety, health or environmental requirements.

They are the only compagny i know from now that offer BMS for up to.... 96s !! and that seems to offer cheap charger for high charging power and adjustable...

I asked for a sample of their 36V 18Ah battery with upgraded BMS to 40A continuous and the 400W charger.

Tom is waiting for the Answer of Jack.. probably this afternoon (in china)

I would really like that The test on this battery reveal to be positive and that we finally fins a great compagny that offer their LiFePO4 battery at great price per Wh and high serie cell count BMS.

What surprized me is the quality they built about electric car Battery !

First the cell copper link that are flexible is very nice!

Than the balance wires are very good placed over the cell cooper link it's a secure construction.

Let me share you these pictures:

Attachments

• 20090107302_1024x768.jpg
    20090107302_1024x768.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,353
  • 20090107303_1024x768.jpg
    20090107303_1024x768.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,295
Gow864 said:
I ordered a EP-B charger from these guys and accidentally overpaid them. No problem, they IMMEDIATELY refunded the excess and the charger is as advertised and i couldn't be happier.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you charged for shipping?
I'm thinking to order a charger from these guys too.

1, no external voltage adjustment. (unless he meant the 115V.230V switch)
2, US$79 for delivery via ems.

has a display on the front that can toggle between V and A.

Sorry for the late reply. I'll try and post some pics later, but it pretty much looks like it does on their web site.

PS: theres a tick box form stuck to one side, with a range of voltages and amperages, mine is ticked 58.4V and 15A, I'm guessing that there would be some kind pot or resistor arrangement that might allow the V and A setting to be changed.

Gow.

Thanks Gow. Yes please on the pictures! I'm really needing a couple chargers at 75.6v (75 is close enough) and 58.8 v. Hoping some of these will fit the bill.

is this the 600W charger?

great picture, on the left, you can see the 2 adjustable pots right behind the grill to adjust the voltage and current limit. 1200W charger for $143 is too cool.

does it have CCCV charge profile or just a straight 15A right up to cut off? or does it even shut off at 58.4V?

That is very cool! A lot of charger bang for the buck!

It's the 900W charger.

It CCCV's. As soon a the voltage reached 58.4ish, the amps start dropping quite quickly, with my setup it get's to about 0.7A then stops charging. It doesn't actually turn itself off though.

So far so good. we'll see what time does to it.

Cheers,
Gary.

oofnik said:
Very nice.
Meanwhile I ordered an EP-A charger from them (400W) and a 12-cell 80A BMS board. I'll update when I get everything in.

Do you talk about BMS battery or E-city power?..

also did you asked for custom bms for 80A capability? cause they seems to offer 15A max for the 12s..

Doc

So what's the verdict? I need a BMS and charger. I have a bunch of cells sitting around with no use...

GGoodrum said:
Yes, the prices seem too good to be true. :) I agree, that charger is pretty cool, for only $78. You still have to get it over to our side of the pond, however.

-- Gary

the site is not real. click on the BMS logo at the top.

Just ordered 2 EP-J 200W chargers. 1 set to 75v3A (for 18s LiMn) and the other set to 58.4v4A (14s LiMn). Will report on them. Good communication and good prices. So far, so good.

One can buy cells of LiFePo batteries at ecitypower.com directly without passing by a dealer, I wrote them I wait for their answer.

Gow864 said:
I have their price list in XLS format for those that want it.

Gow.

Please read the first page!

I already posted it on page 1 of this thread! :wink:

Doc

Back